Resveratrol and androgen receptors - AnabolicMinds.com

Resveratrol and androgen receptors

1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  272 lbs.

Resveratrol and androgen receptors

RSV is a well established test booster, but I was wondering how much success people here had had with it as an ergogenic aide. This has me concerned about possibly interfering with training, as as far as I know there is only 1 androgen receptor protein. I know several companies are marketing these as training aids. Unfortunately, my low post count prevents proper links, but if this interests you or you have information regarding resveratrol and androgen receptors, the titles can easily be googled.

Differential effects of resveratrol on androgen-responsive LNCaP human prostate cancer cells in vitro and in vivo

Repressive Effects of Resveratrol on Androgen Receptor Transcriptional Activity

Resveratrol Down-Regulates the Androgen Receptor at the Post-Translational Level in Prostate Cancer Cells

Just to be helpful, nutraplanet is currently running a special on carnitine tartrate, which is proven to upregulate AR.

2. Team Anabolic

This is misconceiving as low concentrations of trans. res. actually upregulates the AR, while as this shows, high downregulates.

3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  272 lbs.

Nate,

Thanks for the response, but do you have anything to back this up? Is it the effect of high T that is upregulating the AR? Perhaps it would be best to not run even low dose ResV on a cycle?

I'm a big fan of AI, and the TestoPro/Stoked stack is one of the reasons I ask.
    •   

4. Team Anabolic

Quote Originally Posted by OnTheRoadTo View Post
    Nate,

Thanks for the response, but do you have anything to back this up? Is it the effect of high T that is upregulating the AR? Perhaps it would be best to not run even low dose ResV on a cycle?

I'm a big fan of AI, and the TestoPro/Stoked stack is one of the reasons I ask.
    My guess, and this is speculation, is that upregulation of Sirt1 by resveratrol somehow downregulates the androgen receptor, probably by acetylation or something.

Sirt1 is a longevity gene. So maybe overexpression of the androgen receptor is looked down upon by this, and it turns it off.

Again, Im not sure what the threshold is to how much Sirt1 has to be expressed to have an effect on the AR. Im not certain anyone has even questioned it before. So no one could guess as to how much resveratrol would cause this effect, only that high doses of resveratrol will increase Sirt1 expression therefore downregulating the AR.

Again, just guessing.

Im on my phone, my internet has been dodgy all day thanks to the storm here on the east coast. Once I can get back to reliable internet and something bigger than a 3 inch screen, Ill dig up some studies.

Sorry I cant offer more right now.

5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  272 lbs.

Fair enough.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Androgen Receptors
    By jtterrible in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-11-2011, 03:53 AM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-24-2008, 09:50 PM