Do you need more water on Kre-Alkalyn than regular Creatine?

DGA3

Awards
  • Established
I've been on GNC's AMP Creatine 189 for a couple months now, and everything has been fine (although I wondered if those huge tablets actually dissolved in my stomach).

When that ran out, I switched to Kre-Alkalyn and I've been extremely thirsty ever since, even though I am drinking (what I think is) a lot of water. It must not be, however, because it also feels like my muscles are close to cramping up when I am working out (well, at least my hamstrings feel that way, and they usually don't).

Two tabs of my Kre-Alkalyn equal 1.5 g. Does that seem like a normal dose?

Does it usually cause cramping and an increased thirst?

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
im not sure about this but what i do know is the first sign of dehydration is thirst. dont quote me on this, just a thought, but it may require more water for YOU because you have been on GNCs creatine for a while then switching to a totally different creatine...

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I would just always get in at least a gallon a day then you never need to worry about it.

How much are you currently taking in now?

DGA3

Awards
  • Established
I would just always get in at least a gallon a day then you never need to worry about it.

How much are you currently taking in now?
I'm not sure - I just sip throughout the day and during my workouts.

I don't carry around one of those plastic gallon jugs like some of the guys at the gym, but maybe I need to do something similar to make sure my water intake is sufficient!

scoooter

scoooter

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What I do is have a 20 oz G2 then refill it like 5 or 6 times with water. Its smaller size lets me take it in the car, meetings, workout, ect....

1 gal = 128 oz. So refill 6 times = 120 oz pretty close.

DGA3

Awards
  • Established
What I do is have a 20 oz G2 then refill it like 5 or 6 times with water. Its smaller size lets me take it in the car, meetings, workout, ect....

1 gal = 128 oz. So refill 6 times = 120 oz pretty close.
Cool idea - thanks!