One scoop whey pre and 2 scoops post

paulg

paulg

Awards
If I take 25g whey pre workout, is it worth it to take 50g post as well? Can we really absorb (and use) this much whey protein in that short time period? I do 1 scoop pre and 1 scoop post but am considering doubling up on the post dose.

I work out first thing in the morning so I am in a fasting state.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
depending on how full the stomach is, whey is said to digest in 45 min, so ineffect you will have a peak of amino acids in the blood after thattime. This is said to last 3 hours.
imo it is better to have a preworkout drink timed so that you have the amino acid peak during training and directly after.By consuming a post workout drink only, you have wasted 45 min of the anabolic window .however there is nothing to stop you drinking a post workout drink as well;by doing so you will be extending the time the amino acids peak in your blood.Your pwo drink could consist of a variety of proteins for extended feed of amino acids.

from all that ive read ,i see the pre workout drink more important.you could also drink an intra workout drink instead of the post wo and your post wo drink could consist solely of bcaa and carbs. just my view .

in each case i think 25g is plenty