What are your thoughts on Pre/post WO nutrition/supplimentation

  1. What are your thoughts on Pre/post WO nutrition/supplimentation


    Looking for opinions on pre and post workout nutrition and supplementation. I know everyone does it diffrent,but lets here how u do it and why.


  2. I'm primarily low carb right now, but still seek to take advantage of what insulin can do around a workout. My current setup is as follows:

    1hr pre-wo: 1 homemade prot bar, handful walnuts, grapefruit

    1/2hr pre-wo: 2scoops WPI + 5g Creatine Mono + 2 X-Force

    Immediately before lifting: 4 scoops Anadraulic Pump

    Intra-Workout: 12 scoops BC+EAA, 20g WPH

    1/2hr post: 2 scoops Lipotropic

    1hr post: 1 prot bar and full meal 1/2hr after that.

    I never feel overtrained, I'm getting stronger, and I train 5 full-body routines a week. My peri-workout nutrition isn't everything, but I feel it does contribute a lot to my rapid recovery and steady progress.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

    ***NOW @ NP***

  3. that is a ton of supps man you got $$$$
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by JN230 View Post
    that is a ton of supps man you got $$$$
    They're all cheap basics really. The AP I got on the release sale at LG's website, X-Force I get free (wife's a rep), WPH I got for $5/lb (AMAZING black friday sale!), WPI was about the same price. Not bad at all... well within my supp budget.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

    ***NOW @ NP***

  5. im stumped at 5 full body routines a week...

    personally i just do 20g BCAA or ECAA intra workout. when im done working out ill get some carbs from wherever (banana or whatever im craving) and then scoops protein a lil after.
    CELTIC LABS REP

  6. Quote Originally Posted by tnubs View Post
    im stumped at 5 full body routines a week...

    personally i just do 20g BCAA or ECAA intra workout. when im done working out ill get some carbs from wherever (banana or whatever im craving) and then scoops protein a lil after.
    Recovery is an improvable facet, just as strength and endurance. With sufficient nutrition and sleep, it's simple to build up frequency over time. I'm currently PL'ing 2 days a week and bb'ing 3.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

    ***NOW @ NP***

  7. I take in 2 scoops of ON whey 30-40 mins before working out, then a 20 oz Gatorade and 2 scooped of ON whey with 5 g of creatine directly afterward. I'm doing this to get protein and nutrients to my muscles when they are most receptive. I've tried some of the preworkout formulas and don't get much out of them other than gas, though I did like Jack3d...

  8. I do..

    Preworkout - Con-Cret plus scoop of AAKG, Beta-Alanine and some Glycerol Mono Stearate

    Intraworkout - Purple Wrath plus scoop of Taurine and Leucine

    Postworkout - Whey Protein plus scoop of Glutamine

  9. Quote Originally Posted by b9cist View Post
    I take in 2 scoops of ON whey 30-40 mins before working out, then a 20 oz Gatorade and 2 scooped of ON whey with 5 g of creatine directly afterward. I'm doing this to get protein and nutrients to my muscles when they are most receptive. I've tried some of the preworkout formulas and don't get much out of them other than gas, though I did like Jack3d...
    At 250 you are BIG but my question is, can you absorb all that protein in that time span? That's 100g right? 100g of whey over a period of what, less than 2 hours? Can our bodies use that in such a short time span? I've contemplated doubling my whey post workout to 50g like you but want feedback from others if they think that is actually worth it?

  10. i've read that the most protein ur body can handle at one time is 40g's, unless your on some sort of hormone suplement, ph/AAS, anything over that amount is said to be useless

  11. While intermittent fasting, I will eat 100g of protein in a sitting. If my body is only capable of using 40g-50g of that, how have I gained 10+ using such a diet, especially while low-carbing and having protein as my main calorie source? And why is my recovery way way better with 50g pre-, 30g intra- and 50g post?

    40g COULD be the maximum which is beneficial for muscle protein synthesis purposes, but amino acids are capable of plenty of other functions in the body.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

    ***NOW @ NP***

  12. Everything is crap take protein after workout. The rest of that **** is just hype with caffeine.

  13. Here is how I do it:

    Pre-workout - Animal Pump

    Intra-workout - Intra-Aid

    Post-workout - Torrent

  14. Quote Originally Posted by naturalguy View Post
    Here is how I do it:

    Pre-workout - Animal Pump

    Intra-workout - Intra-Aid

    Post-workout - Torrent
    Dude, have you seen the supp facts for the new Size On V2? It's just a watered down IA that's more expensive! I couldn't believe it! It's a total rip-off!
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

    ***NOW @ NP***

  15. universals intra-aid is actually quite good, I had a sample the other day and it was probably the smoothest, easiest mixing bcaa product I've used thus far. Ive had quite a few

    xtend
    bulk bcaas
    bc+eaa
    purple wrath
    Athletic Xtreme Marketing Manager
    Athletic Xtreme at The Planet!
    Email Inquiries: Brandon@AthleticX.net

  16. ^^I agree, IA is very tasty - the carbs don't fit in my diet currently, and it gets pricey when you're using 3 scoops per workout, but it's good stuff.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

    ***NOW @ NP***

  17. I actually didn't look at the jug, just what was in the serving size, I don't remember many carbs, but could be wrong.... could mix it with the soon to be released RPG by MST
    Athletic Xtreme Marketing Manager
    Athletic Xtreme at The Planet!
    Email Inquiries: Brandon@AthleticX.net

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Bnatural View Post
    I actually didn't look at the jug, just what was in the serving size, I don't remember many carbs, but could be wrong.... could mix it with the soon to be released RPG by MST
    As I recall - 8g WPH, 8g EAA, 10g CHO, plus some other goodies like BA, etc. Not too many carbs, but like I said, I was using 3scoops, so it added up.

    I've switched over to BC+EAA as it doesn't have the CHO, for while I'm recomping.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

    ***NOW @ NP***

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    While intermittent fasting, I will eat 100g of protein in a sitting. If my body is only capable of using 40g-50g of that, how have I gained 10+ using such a diet, especially while low-carbing and having protein as my main calorie source? And why is my recovery way way better with 50g pre-, 30g intra- and 50g post?

    40g COULD be the maximum which is beneficial for muscle protein synthesis purposes, but amino acids are capable of plenty of other functions in the body.

    Seriously, give me more details. I'm vaguely familiar with intermittant fasting (eat stop eat from Brad Pilon). 100g at one sitting? It's just that you are using 130g whey between pre, intra, and post....it's...a....lot...of.. .whey protein.
    Obviously it's working for you so please tell me more about your diet.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    As I recall - 8g WPH, 8g EAA, 10g CHO, plus some other goodies like BA, etc. Not too many carbs, but like I said, I was using 3scoops, so it added up.

    I've switched over to BC+EAA as it doesn't have the CHO, for while I'm recomping.
    3 scoops? That is a lot of BA in one shot.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by paulg View Post
    Seriously, give me more details. I'm vaguely familiar with intermittant fasting (eat stop eat from Brad Pilon). 100g at one sitting? It's just that you are using 130g whey between pre, intra, and post....it's...a....lot...of.. .whey protein.
    Obviously it's working for you so please tell me more about your diet.
    I fast until an hour before lifting, then eat the homemade protein bar, grapefruit and walnuts I mentioned in a post above. I go through my peri-workout nutrition, then have 2-3 large meals once I get home. Now that I'm recomping/cutting (the holidays were not kind to my gut), a meal may look like:
    10oz Chicken Breast, 2cups broccoli, 1/2cup mushrooms, cilantro, salsa, sour cream and a large avocado.

    I rotate my calories and macros from day to day, so sometimes I get 70g prot per meal, sometimes 100g. When prot is lower, my fat is higher (~40g per meal) and vice versa. All in all, I get between 3500 and 4400 cals a day, depending on the day.

    I have one cheat meal a week, on Friday evening.

    I eat all meals within an 8hr period, less if I'm particularly hungry.

    I've found it's easier to alter my weight/composition with this method of eating, but I'm sure it's not for everyone. For bulking, I employed pretty much the same technique as I am for recomping; just used higher calories.

    Quote Originally Posted by naturalguy View Post
    3 scoops? That is a lot of BA in one shot.
    Meh, I take about 5g of BA a day usually, so I don't get paraesthesia hardly ever anymore.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

    ***NOW @ NP***

  22. I have a whole meal about 2hrs prior to lifting.

    Pre-training: 2sc Lipotropic, 1tbsp EVOO, Anadraulic State GT 45mins pre, Anadraulic Pump immediately prior to lifting

    Intra: H20

    Post: 40g BC+EAA, 8 sprays GHenerate, 5caps I-GH-1

    Sleepy time.

    Just started this protocol.

  23. Pre is a whole-food meal; this can vary from chicken, rice, and green beans to some Thai garlic and lime rice noodles with chicken and broccoli.

    Peri: 15g BCAA

    Post: 15g BCAA, 60g WMS, 25g Palatinose, 1 GlycoBol, 3 NOxidant
    30 mins later: 45g WPI
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Last AM post EVER! Final thoughts...
    By Esox Express in forum Supplements
    Replies: 216
    Last Post: 03-09-2011, 05:45 PM
  2. post post workout meal and diet -- HELP/THOUGHTS
    By beebab in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-17-2007, 02:08 AM
  3. Supplimentation for E2 & HcG
    By acidred06 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-16-2007, 10:43 AM
  4. Post your pre/post workout nutrition regimens...
    By TMack40 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 04-06-2003, 06:21 AM
  5. Post your pre/post workout nutrition regimens...
    By TMack40 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-21-2002, 10:10 PM
Log in
Log in