tired at the gym

ah0907

Awards
hey guys im havin a major problem with being too tired and not being able to focus at the gym, like i'll start out strong and after about 20 minutes my mind starts wandering and i start yawning and just feel drained. right now for pre workout im taking cm, glutamine, and 1,3-dimethylamylamine(geranium extract), with usp labs dominate ATP, any suggestions on another product or some advice on a trick to stay awake and focused?

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
not trying to pimp but focus xt should cure this ;)

ah0907

Awards
im just kinda trippin, before i really started getting serious about training I ate like ****, didnt have real routine, and i never had this problem now im eating right, getting plenty of macros, taking multi vit, have my workouts planned out and stuff getting plenty of sleep every night, and i cant get into it now, my workouts are anything but boring they're demanding... i dont get it im at loss right now

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
preworkout nutrition. 25g protein, 100g carbs :)

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
maybe a week off or so, I do that time to time

ah0907

Awards
ok so pre workout meal? protein got that down already, carbs should be simple or complex, i get the concept of both but not sure as to which one prior to working out?

for got to add i was thinking of trying jacked and xtend for pre and intra workout supps to see if that made a difference? what do you think of stacking those two?

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you're looking for supplements I could vouch for ThermoGum and Jack3d as solid products for focus, energy and drive.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Are you perhaps BURNINED OUT? Are your adrenals a bit over-taxed?

Maybe a week OFF would do you some good. The older I get, the more breaks I feel I NEED to take.

Good luck

Blutarski

Blutarski

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Great advice from everyone, one other thing you might consider is that when you were eating "like crap" you may have been getting quite a bit more calories than you are now eating cleaner. No matter what you body never likes cutting calories in. Might try upping the simple carbs pre workout or maybe changing your workout times.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Great advise all round.
* Stims Jack3D is good to get things going + Focus XT. Main route for now
* Nutrient partitioning will get the muscle loaded with glycogen and provide more stamina
* Meals small across the day (cortisol control)
* Stamina supps Cordyceps, citruline malate, creatine
* High protein diet
* Push yourself to the limit - always wakes me up

robxxxxxx69

Awards
hey guys im havin a major problem with being too tired and not being able to focus at the gym, like i'll start out strong and after about 20 minutes my mind starts wandering and i start yawning and just feel drained. right now for pre workout im taking cm, glutamine, and 1,3-dimethylamylamine(geranium extract), with usp labs dominate ATP, any suggestions on another product or some advice on a trick to stay awake and focused?
are you getting enough carbs?

ah0907

Awards
thanks guys im going to try to incorporate as many of those suggestions as possible, thanks again for all the feedback, tomorrows my workout i'll post after to let you know how it went

khergan

Awards
Personally, I have to take time off from stimulants every few months to keep myself fresh.

Nobody really knows the long term effects that a lot of these new stimulants like methylsynephrine, 1,3 dimeth and others will have on your adrenals. I love stims, but I always cycle off stimulants when I feel myself getting overly fatigued.

You may just need to take some time off too. A week of full nights of sleep + good nutrition and NO stims will do wonders to bring you back.

Good luck, man.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Some suggestions...

First...RPM would be a great choice to use with 1,3 Dimethylamylamine...it never fails me. I love using RPM stacked with 1,3 Dimeth or a pre-workout powder...particularly I like stacking RPM with Assault, Superpump 250, or Shock Therapy. However, this is coming from a true stim/adrenaline junkie...lol. :D

Second, it sounds like you have more of a overtraining problem. Your body is telling you it is time to take some time off. So enjoy some time off for a week or so and then get back to busting your tail in the gym and you should be refreshed and ready to go.

Cheers!:cheers:

-Sean-

Team APPNUT

ah0907

Awards
ya im not stim sensitive at all anymore my jobs hours always change so ive been relying on energy drinks and stuff to keep me up im gonna try to stay away from them for a while and see how that works

crcampbell89

Awards
it sounds really simple but one of the most effective things ive found is drinking some coffee before hitting the gym.. sometimes the most basic things work better than all these new energy enhancing products... and redline power rush by vpx are pretty strong

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
There are alot of ways around this. Adrenal fatigue programs are one.

Aging...anti-aging resveratrol supplements are recommended. I just see the body as a series of levers and counter levers, there's a point of inevitability but thats like years and years away.

On thinking this through my advise would be to also look at high protein diets. Modern adrenal fatigue is coming around to this idea and it will really help your gains.

Maybe a week OFF would do you some good. The older I get, the more breaks I feel I NEED to take.

Good luck

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
tiredness is a symptom of low test. i know im not always pumped up in the gym. its normal

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

Good luck
This could be the case. I remember reading that geranium shouldn't be taken daily because it fries the receptors real quick like. He may need to grab some Reset AD and take a break from stims for a few weeks.

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
ya im not stim sensitive at all anymore my jobs hours always change so ive been relying on energy drinks and stuff to keep me up im gonna try to stay away from them for a while and see how that works
After reading this I'm now convinced you need some time off the stims. Take a solid month if not 6 weeks off from them and get some Reset AD. You'll feel so much better after a couple weeks. We've all been there, trust me.

r1balla isGay

Awards
just jack off before a workout thats what i do

Enjineer

Awards
Supplementation, nutrition, rest, and all the other stuff mentioned above is good, but nothing beats some hardcore music... Get some hardcore techno, metal, rock, rap, whatever your into, make sure it motivated you and gets you going... Can make the difference between an awesome workout and a ****ty one in my opinion.

mxer657

mxer657

Awards
Take a week off and go back with goals and music that makes you want to lift

whether that is metal, rap, classical, w.e., it will help