No Clue What to Do

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  157 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.44%

No Clue What to Do

So I've never taken any kind of supplements in my life before, so I have no clue where to start. Can anyone help me out? I'm 5'6" and 152lbs at 10% BF. I want to try to gain some more size, but I don't want to get fat. I workout 5-6 times a week. I'm not looking to take any kind of crazy supplements that I will have to be on any kind of liver support or stuff like that. I'd rather stick just to things like proteins and amino acids. That sort of stuff. I also don't have a clue on how much of things I should be taking. So could anybody help me out? Maybe even exact products to take.

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.86%

Protein
    Creatine
    Fish Oil
    And add more protein into your diet and you should see good results if you are training properly.
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.52%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

as mentioned above, all those supplements are basic staple supplements, start with a protein supplement, i prefer all the whey's protein but many other companies make high quality proteins, creatine, i usually go with universal storm because for the price you get a lot, but others such as controlled labs green mag always get amazing reviews, and fish oil, i usually take champion nutrition fish oil because it's cheap and it's a decent company....it's all a matter of what companies you like, do your research on here and find out which you would be interested in, i'd also throw in a multi vitamin, i'm taking now adam's multi vitamin
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.21%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

don't get caught up in expensive creatines, just get basic creatine monohydrate.

your diet is where gains are going to come from. figure out your BMR and add 500-1000 calories from clean sources of protein, fat, and carbs
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  157 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.44%

Yeah I know diet has a lot to do with it and I eat pretty well.

As for protein right now I'm actually taking Myofusion Protein. One scoop with milk post workout. Then I'm also putting L-Glutamine in there too.
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.21%

Quote Originally Posted by JuveCalcio View Post
    Yeah I know diet has a lot to do with it and I eat pretty well.

As for protein right now I'm actually taking Myofusion Protein. One scoop with milk post workout. Then I'm also putting L-Glutamine in there too.
    eating well is good, now eat enough to grow
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  157 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.44%

Quote Originally Posted by carpee View Post
    eating well is good, now eat enough to grow
    I eat a ton normally. Like I said I don't want to get way bigger though. I'd like to almost just get a little bit bigger but keep all my definition if not more and be stronger, that's my main focus.
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.22%

I feel like NO products give me a good intensity boost which puts is always helpful in squeezing out those few extra reps or rest/pause sets, which will put some weight on. I also feel like my muscles are alot harder and more defined when I bring up my intensity. Ofcourse protein, creatine, and a multi vitamin are essential. I like to supplement with ZMA and good fats (almonds) before bed for a little test boost. Make sure your getting protein throughout the day... Its one thing to get 300 grams of protein in a day, but if you get that all in 3 meals, its going to put alot of stress on your kidneys and not all will go towards muscle maitenance/building. Space out your meals, eat frequently and keep a steady stream of protein. Casein is beneficial especially before bed and when you know you will not be able to have a snack for a few hours at a time.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  155 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.27%

Quote Originally Posted by nparisi View Post
    Protein
    Creatine
    Fish Oil
    And add more protein into your diet and you should see good results if you are training properly.
    those will help but to me it seems like anything else after so long they dont help out anymore.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  157 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.44%

Well I'm sure your body starts to get used to it just like a workout routine ya know?
  11. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.86%

Quote Originally Posted by nach0 View Post
    those will help but to me it seems like anything else after so long they dont help out anymore.
    Protein always helps...it's the building block of muscle.
    Some people lose strength coming off creatine, I usually do not so I'm impartial there.
    I definately feel the difference in my joints when I'm NOT taking fish oil...
    To each his own
  12. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.09%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Protein - make your own weight gainer if you want to bulk EX: buy ON Whey Protein. use 2 scoops. mix with milk, 1 egg, fruit (strawberries, bananas, berries...etc), oatmeal dry oats for carbs, ice cream and a few ice cubes. Take 2 a day

Creatine - if you want, you can go with brand creatine, but IMO i would just get creatine monohydrate. for the first week, called the "loading phase", consume 25g for 7 days. everyday after that only 5g. u can do this pre or post workout. i like post

Pre workout - i never suggest to get pre workouts. once you start relying on them u are in trouble. when the day comes that u cannot have a pre workout drink, u have a terrible workout.

BCAAs - self explanitory

Multi Vitamin - ...

If you wanted to run a supplement to get you started that is safe, natural and you will produce huge strength gains, look into PRIME by USP labs. But i think you will do great off of the supplements i just listed above and what others tell you on here
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.21%

Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    Protein - make your own weight gainer if you want to bulk EX: buy ON Whey Protein. use 2 scoops. mix with milk, 1 egg, fruit (strawberries, bananas, berries...etc), oatmeal dry oats for carbs, ice cream and a few ice cubes. Take 2 a day

Creatine - if you want, you can go with brand creatine, but IMO i would just get creatine monohydrate. for the first week, called the "loading phase", consume 25g for 7 days. everyday after that only 5g. u can do this pre or post workout. i like post

Pre workout - i never suggest to get pre workouts. once you start relying on them u are in trouble. when the day comes that u cannot have a pre workout drink, u have a terrible workout.

BCAAs - self explanitory

Multi Vitamin - ...

If you wanted to run a supplement to get you started that is safe, natural and you will produce huge strength gains, look into PRIME by USP labs. But i think you will do great off of the supplements i just listed above and what others tell you on here
    my only reply to this is the loading phase for creatine, its unneeded
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  157 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.44%

The BCAA's these are Branch Chain Amino Acids right? What are some tips on those?

Similar Forum Threads

1. How's my on clue
    By Machwon1 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-06-2011, 03:56 PM
  2. HAve I got a clue?? LOL
    By SkItZoId in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-30-2010, 12:49 AM
  3. New here and no clue what's up.
    By NoFatChix in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-17-2009, 11:58 PM
  4. Has anyone got a clue what this is???
    By fizzy2562 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-16-2008, 02:29 PM
  5. No clue
    By TheNEwBreed in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-08-2008, 06:06 PM