Preworkout Drink causing Itchiness?

FatalFunnel

FatalFunnel

Awards
I've began taking Xpand Xtreme Pump, the preworkout NO drink. And I've noticed that within a few minutes of taking it that my skin becomes extremely itchy... Especially my face.

Its extremely frustrating. I've taken several different preworkout drinks in my time and have never had anything happen like this until now.

Has anybody felt this or know anything about this? Perhaps it's just an allergic reaction.

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
I've began taking Xpand Xtreme Pump, the preworkout NO drink. And I've noticed that within a few minutes of taking it that my skin becomes extremely itchy... Especially my face.

Its extremely frustrating. I've taken several different preworkout drinks in my time and have never had anything happen like this until now.

Has anybody felt this or know anything about this? Perhaps it's just an allergic reaction.
Is it tingly/prickly? That would be caused by the Beta Alanine.

FatalFunnel

FatalFunnel

Awards
It is very tingly and very prickly. I've used several NO products and never had this.

But yes, its definitely not a "normal" tingly feeling.

And yes it has 2.5g of Beta Alanine each serving. Should I discontinue use? I truthfully don't mind putting up with an itchy face during workouts if it means its a good product.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
The itchiness is normal. No problem

FatalFunnel

FatalFunnel

Awards
Thanks people. I'm on my cell phone now so ill rep yall later.

The itchiness didn't really phaze me till I was having a bad day and I wanted to absolutely rip my face off when I was on the way to the gym.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
try drinking more water - it helps a bit, though the tinglies were too much for me. man, i got them in my ears, and the bottom of my feet. argh!

Blacktail

Blacktail

Awards
  • Established
It is very tingly and very prickly. I've used several NO products and never had this.

But yes, its definitely not a "normal" tingly feeling.

And yes it has 2.5g of Beta Alanine each serving. Should I discontinue use? I truthfully don't mind putting up with an itchy face during workouts if it means its a good product.
LMAO it freaked me out when I first took ba too. I had never read about that side. Its fine though nothing to worry about.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Fortunately for you it goes away with prolonged BA usage. I personally wish it didn't go away.

FatalFunnel

FatalFunnel

Awards
It feels like a lightning bolt hit the tip of my penis.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
It feels like a lightning bolt hit the tip of my penis.
lol oh man thats not pleasant. if you take BetaAlanine with carbs that will take care of most of the tingling. eat a bowl of oats preworkout and take the supplement. I personally love the tingle, no lighting bolts here

jaydollars

jaydollars

Awards
  • Established
Fortunately for you it goes away with prolonged BA usage. I personally wish it didn't go away.
Really? I have been using BA for over a year and the tingle is as strong as ever for me, I love the feeling

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
its just parasthesia from the ba... ur fine... feels awesome huh...

FatalFunnel

FatalFunnel

Awards
I cannot stand the feeling. It feels like I have psoriasis or something on my face haha

qwerty33

qwerty33

Awards
  • Established
if it has beta-alanine thats the cause and its all normal :) some actually like it

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
I cannot stand the feeling. It feels like I have psoriasis or something on my face haha
im telling you take it with carbs, bowl of oats. drink some water. taking it on an empty stomach will give extreme tingles

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
U'll get used to it soon.. Erik loads of water drink it with a light meal usually a piece of bread is a good option

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
i think the most intense "reaction" to BA i ever had was after dowing one of those single-serving preWO shots that AMS put out a while back...

little green/white shooter... damn can't remember the name of it

FatalFunnel

FatalFunnel

Awards
That makes sense. I workout alot on an empty stomach.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ingesting carbs along with Beta Alanine seems to diminish the paraesthesia. Google paraesthesia and you'll know exactly what's going on with the itchiness (caused by BA).

I can't take any BA, even though it produces one of my favorite effects; namely, the potential to increase your lactate threshold. I get hyper-paraesthesia, to the point I can't focus or do anything other then wanting to remove my skin with a potato peeler.