Educate this Noob

SSgt Psycho

Awards
Allright...First post ever. Advance apologies for any Forum misuse and abuse, as well as an overall lack of knowledge on the subject matter....but, thats why i am here! I am a 27yr old Marine. have lifted on and off for about 7yrs, and have been dedicated for the last 8 months (my job makes it hard to stay focused) i have tried ALL kinds of supps. I am a little bit of BSN whore, i like some of thier products (dont care what anyone says, NOexplode is the anti-lazy) i am tried to educate myself, and i think i know HOW to lift and how to EAT for gains. (eating might be the hardest aspect for someone in the military) I currently take a Nitric oxide (Nitrix) creatine monohydrate postworkout, and NOexplode preworkout. I have definetly gained size and strength (yes i know alot is water weight, and yes i know i will lose alot of these gains when i stop supplementing) i think alot has to do with my being 27...i finally have a "mature" body that responds well to lifting. my #'s arent great, but theyhave gone up, and i perform all excercises with the STRICTEST form. rest is a big one too, i was actually over-training. (it's hard, whenever a trivium or metallica song comes on i just wanna Haze myself in the gym) so, after all this rambling, it's time for my question

Is there something more effective i can be taking then BSN stuff (sorry BSN, you were a good start, but it's time to move on to greener pastures)
i need to stay reasonable (marine, constant drug testing) and would never take something that wasnt safe or essentially over the counter. I have heard some really good things about LGscience TRIFECTA stack (and some not so good things) my problem is i dont know where to turn. I am in my weight lifting prime, and i want to maximize gains. please point me in the right direction. Dedication and clean eating arent the issue. help me achieve size. oh and by the way, current goal is MASS

alexx33

Awards
Allright...First post ever. Advance apologies for any Forum misuse and abuse, as well as an overall lack of knowledge on the subject matter....but, thats why i am here! I am a 27yr old Marine. have lifted on and off for about 7yrs, and have been dedicated for the last 8 months (my job makes it hard to stay focused) i have tried ALL kinds of supps. I am a little bit of BSN whore, i like some of thier products (dont care what anyone says, NOexplode is the anti-lazy) i am tried to educate myself, and i think i know HOW to lift and how to EAT for gains. (eating might be the hardest aspect for someone in the military) I currently take a Nitric oxide (Nitrix) creatine monohydrate postworkout, and NOexplode preworkout. I have definetly gained size and strength (yes i know alot is water weight, and yes i know i will lose alot of these gains when i stop supplementing) i think alot has to do with my being 27...i finally have a "mature" body that responds well to lifting. my #'s arent great, but theyhave gone up, and i perform all excercises with the STRICTEST form. rest is a big one too, i was actually over-training. (it's hard, whenever a trivium or metallica song comes on i just wanna Haze myself in the gym) so, after all this rambling, it's time for my question

Is there something more effective i can be taking then BSN stuff (sorry BSN, you were a good start, but it's time to move on to greener pastures)
i need to stay reasonable (marine, constant drug testing) and would never take something that wasnt safe or essentially over the counter. I have heard some really good things about LGscience TRIFECTA stack (and some not so good things) my problem is i dont know where to turn. I am in my weight lifting prime, and i want to maximize gains. please point me in the right direction. Dedication and clean eating arent the issue. help me achieve size. oh and by the way, current goal is MASS

if you want to go hormonal, then checkout Purus Labs halovar. it's an hdrol clone which is a great 1st cycle for anyone looking at gaining size and strength.

typical cycles last 6 weeks of this product and two bottles will be needed. it's only 24.99 a bottle right now so it's inexpensive.

for PCT, research NOLVA and CLOMID, they help you get your natural test levels back up after you have ran your halovar cycle.

if you want to stay natural, then look into mass gainers, my personal favorite is iso mass extreme gainer from ultimate nutrition, it's got everything you could ever imagine in there for a great price and it's a month supply per tub at 3 scoops a day.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
I'd say go for the basics man.

Get an overall vitamin, I personally like ADAM or Orange Triad. Then get some fats in you, Fish Oil, Sesamin Oil and CLA are a good mix. Creatine pre workout is always great, Neovar has never treated me wrong. Get some protein shake for after workout, All the Whey has some great tastes. Then if you want, I've had some pretty good success adding pSarm and an AI to everything. I personally have been using 6-Bromo and it has done me well.

So, overall:
ADAM
Fish, Sesamin, CLA
Neovar
pSarm
6-Bromo

It has given me some real good results, I'd recommend.

Gizmacho

Gizmacho

Awards
my .02:
I know diet can be tough, but the good thing is that at the chow hizzle you can eat as much as you can stand. Get you diet straight, cut out the fried stuff they push on the fast-chow side and eat good protein-rich whole foods. Protein, protein, protein, 2-3 shakes a day. It's already going to be tough running as much as you probably do, so you're going to have to eat A LOT. Lift heavy, eat heavy, rest heavy. Be patient.

As for supps, Halovar from Purus will get you there. E-Pol from Purus is another good one, it's a little harsher, but I've heard good things about it. Also, they don't test you for steroids, it's a whole separate test that costs about $200. A lot of Marines I know would be in trouble if they did. Just don't get caught with them if you do decide to go that route.

The best thing you can do for yourself is get your diet right. If you're in the field, you can still bring a shaker cup, protein and protein bars. I did. You probably have pull-up bars all around the place, so check out the "Hannibal workout" on youtube to make it interesting. I'll say it one more time: Lift, eat, and rest heavy and you'll be fine.

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Personally I'd just cheap it clean no point in going hormonal. The diet has and still is my hardest thing but supplement wise. I'd stick with getting a good protein like All The Whey. Then get a nice creatine i love Trinitine or Con-Cret is good also. But i nice all around strength supplement that works if done right is Prime by USP. If you dose the 69 protocol you should see some real quality gains. Combine that with AP by USP and you got yourself a good stack.

Kraker

Kraker

Awards
  • Established

i need to stay reasonable (marine, constant drug testing) and would never take something that wasnt safe or essentially over the counter.
Steroids and PHs do not show up on drug tests. Hell even my whole chain of command new I was using. No one in the military cares. If your physical performance goes up and you're getting big, they will most likely say good job. The only time they will ever do anything is if you get caught for being an idiot, put yourself in harms way because you're an idiot, or if you act like an idiot about it.

So I hope that isn't the only reason you won't "use"

nynone

nynone

Awards
well first i say nail your diet to a T. eat heavy, and often. depending on your size (height and weight) currently, i would say about 4500+ calories of GOOD food daily. I remember i used to eat about 4000 daily when i started bulking seven months or so ago (weighing about 120 and only 5'5''). now, when it comes to supps....

-get a multi vitamin, not a once daily either, but one that is taken throughout the day (ex: one tab at each meal), this way your body absorbs more nutrients evenly throughout the day, and is overall more effective.

-cycle your nitrix and make sure your doses are what's recommended or a bit higher. i've found that you need an empty stomach to take these, and used to take my nitrix tabs with a meal (it settled better with my stomach).

-i would recommend jacked for a pre-wo only because it's nearly additive free, and no xplode has a lot of filler junk in it. plus, usp labs gives you an accurate measurement ("supposedly") of the main ingredients, as where most companies just say it's in the "proprietary blend". i like as much honesty as i can find :)

-get some amino acid chain tablets or powder mix (powder is typically cheaper). this always helps you with absorption of nutrients, and get some omega fats also (either flaxseed or fish oil, they both are good. i just don't like the fish burps personally though).

-find a weight gain protein powder (these usually will have a proper amount of creatine mono, R-ALA, L-glutamine, and other important ones i cant remember this very second. i love the ids weight gainer, i've never had a problem with taste (tastes like a milkshake to me), and their relatively cheap compared to other places. also, drink about 3 shakes daily, one between bfast and lunch, one between lunch and dinner, and one before bed (that's what i've done). you can sub one of those for a post workout drink also to help with that 'window of opportunity'

hopefullythat is helpful enough. i would say to avoid that stuff called BANG from VPX, since the creatine in there is a phosphate, and not really absorbed at all. any questions about regular supps, feel free to browse around, search, or pm some of us. we all have different opinions, so i say a post is best way to get a good variety.

as for ph use, i would avoid it at all costs. i dont know too much about anti-estrogens showing up on tests, or what they test for to begin with. if they just test for high T levels, or low T levels, or actual substances, or all of the above. it is the governments money, and they like to spend spend spend! i say avoid any supps that have drol in the name (lol, only cause they typically are either a ph or ps). the only test booster i would use is a tribulus supp, and talk to either a doctor or someone with VERY GOOD KNOWLEDGE about the testing protocols to know if you should take it or not. hopefully i was helpful man, and let us know how it goes with the choices of supps man!

Clint

Kraker

Kraker

Awards
  • Established
None of that stuff shows up on a test. They test for narcotics only. Also, there's a big set of guidelines they have to follow before they can test you. One of those is that they have to let you know in advance if they are going to test you and they have to have probable cause. They have to test for 1 specific substance. They cannot run a test for DBol and tren. It has to be for either Dbol, or tren. If they do try to test you randomly, then you do not have to give a sample, just go call JAG and get a lawyer.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Great question.

1. Bulk protein consumption.
2. I would ask one of the serious body builders on the forum, and the big companies: AI (for non-hormonal) and PP (hormonal) who can give you a dedicated program . Both companies have specific "packages" and you can combine them (partic. "cycle support"). I would drop either Pembroke/Dreamweaver/ Smeton Yea a PM for AI and Trauma1 a line for PP. They will all be very helpful. AI have assembled the best teams on the board IMO.
3. USPlabs Asteriod is worth thinking about. I always ended up arguing with their reps, I dunno why.

You need to be careful PCT because the US law as I understand is strict on the usage of pharmaceutical SERMs - I believe it is illegal to use them. I don't think there is any problem "getting big" but personally I would be concerned how you might "bail out" of a cycle and the whole SERM issue given your job. UK law is different on SERMs.

If I was doing this all again I'd carefully follow the advise of one or other of these companies. Personally I wait until PP have a sale then bulk buy. AI have specific deals all the time via Nutra.

Good luck and good lifting.

SSgt Psycho

Awards
thankyou everyone for the replies! to add/clear up, i do take fish oil, and animal pak for a multi. (left that out cause i figured that since most guys on here are Vets of supps and training, you guys would figure i had bigger problems if i didnt already know to take a vitamin and protein.) personally i like myoplex, and isopure for protein. i do 3 myoplex shakes a day, and isopure zero carb before bed. (mass is the goal, but gotta watch the waistline) i eat 6 meals a day, and shoot for 1-1.5g protein per pound i weigh. i try to get as much of my protein intake as possible from natural sources like eggs, meat, poultry and fish. the protein powders are supplementary and for ease for post workout.
i do like the nitrix, and creatine (tried thier axis-ht, felt it did nothing) def ready to try something stronger. i know trifecta stack has it's own thread...but anyone got thier own opinion? i have also heard about and considered halovar. i'm just tired of F***ing around with filler filled GNC S***. and another question...if i went with LG trifecta or halovar, would creatine and nitric oxide/arginine still have a place in my toolbox? and is a preworkout supp neccesary for focus/energy or would that be provided by the stuff in question? thanks again for the support!

Gizmacho

Gizmacho

Awards
anyone got thier own opinion? i have also heard about and considered halovar. i'm just tired of F***ing around with filler filled GNC S***. and another question...if i went with LG trifecta or halovar
Halovar isn't typical GNC s***. If you aren't into injecting, a PH like Halovar might be good to you. I put on about 6 quality lbs. in a recent 4-week cycle. My best advice is search the forums for logs relating to Halodrol, Superdrol, or Epistane. Just make sure to pay strict attention to the support supplements and PCT routine as well to make sure you keep your gains. For an example, you can check out the blog I started today. I'm taking 10 support supplements for each capsule of Epistane. Just something to think about.

nynone

nynone

Awards
and another question...if i went with LG trifecta or halovar, would creatine and nitric oxide/arginine still have a place in my toolbox? and is a preworkout supp neccesary for focus/energy or would that be provided by the stuff in question?
i would still recommend a quality pre-wo (i always prefer jack3d), but only if you enjoy them to begin with. i know guys who can't take em since they get really jittery, but if you prefer training with them, stick with it. so to answer more directly, no a pre-wo isn't included in most ph's. the only one i know of personally that has a pre-wo and a ph is super n.o.x., and i have used it before. good stuff, quality gains (just superdrol and no xplode really... mixed with kre-alklyn i believe?).

anyways, the short answer is keep a pre-wo with your ph use, if you go the ph route. atleast, thats my 2 cents bro.

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good advice on the 6-bromo, sesamin etc.

An optimal hormonal profile sets the table for your training/diet to deliver the goods. Most important to your mass goals will be constructing a training program the flips the trigger that puts muscle growth into motion: progressive overload.

Looks easy on paper. Quite a different story in the real world..