Newbie question: How do you feel on ephedrine?

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
I understand the health benefits of ephedrine. I'm wondering more about what people feel like when they're on it.

Being on the ectomorph side, I've had no real use for ephedrine in the past. I took a long road trip with friends a couple weeks ago, and picked up an EC stack at a truck stop incase I got a little drowsy during the drive. I didn't have any problems staying awake though so I never used it (probably a good thing not to try it for the first time while driving anyways).

I was feeling a little tired earlier today so I tried one dose.

The product is called Black Ice. Not sure who makes it. I doubt it's anything special.

Supplement Facts for 1 pill:

Ma Huang Extract (Ephedra Sinica) 250mg
(standardized for 25mg ephedrine)
Kola Nut Extract 167mg
(standardized for 150mg of Caffeine)
Bitter Orange 5mg
(standardized for 200mcg of Synephrine)
Cugulipid 5mg
(standardized for the olegum resin 150 mcg)
Korean Gingseng 5mg
White Willow Extract 5mg
Ginger Extract 5mg
L-Carntine HCL 5mg
Cayenne 5mg

Is 25mg enough to actually notice the effects? Or is it subtle? I'm definately feeling more awake now, but it could just be the caffeine. Do any of those other ingredients actually do anything noticeable (other than the caffeine)?

Just trying to see how I react to it compared to others. This way I can stock up if I think it's worth it.

Thanks fellas.

massmongler

Awards
most would say that 25 mg ephedrine and 200 mg caffeine 3x a day is standard. It looks like a pretty good stack, although i dont know how much u paid for it. Personally i like to take ephedrine HCL as it is pharmacutical grade and stack it with caffeine and leave out the aspirin. With the mu huang you dont know for sure the amt of ephedrine you are getting as well as anything else.

when i first started taking EC, i loved the feeling. I felt jittery, full of energy and giddy at times. Once you take it for awhile though, those feelings will diminish. I can literaly take a ec stack now and go to bed....lol

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
Ephedrine HCL isn't getting banned though, is it (so I don't need to stock up)?

BTW, I'm sure I paid way more than what it's worth. It was just a 3-pill packet, so I thought I'd try it. They don't carry ephedrine at any stores near where I live. Everything says EPHEDRA FREE! in big letters (like we're supposed to be ****ing happy about it).

lostlbs

Awards
L-Carntine HCL 5mg

Damn they really dosed this well :rolleyes:

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, that's why I was wondering if any of that other junk actually did anything. Looks like they just tossed in bits of cheap stuff to make it look complicated.

z0rr0

Awards
I know for me, I get a hellacious crash 3-4 hours after I take it, alone or stacked with caffine. Also, I only really feel the jittery/giddy side effects the first day, after that, it's just a nice crash a little while after taking it.

Squatking

Awards
I don't really get the giddy/jittery feeling with the HCL version, it's just a real smooth energy and mental focus increase. I don't crash afterwards either as with other ECA stacks.

speedracer59

Awards
Most of those you get at truck stops are very simaler. I prefer building an ECA myself. If not I like Stackers. Im presently having great results with lipo 6 although I dont get charge up on it like i do with the stackers. When I use an eca I feel stronger and have a ton of endurance. I love it.

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
most would say that 25 mg ephedrine and 200 mg caffeine 3x a day is standard. It looks like a pretty good stack, although i dont know how much u paid for it. Personally i like to take ephedrine HCL as it is pharmacutical grade and stack it with caffeine and leave out the aspirin. With the mu huang you dont know for sure the amt of ephedrine you are getting as well as anything else.
They usually give you the ephedrine alkaloid content from the MaHuang. The aforementioned was 25mgs. The general rule of thumb is no more than 25 mgs per dose no more than 100mgs per day.