i stopped smoking need help

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
im 30yrs old been smoking since i was around 12yrs old i stopped smoking 6 months ago. what supps or food would help to repair my lungs and get the plaque out of my arteries. my girlfriend also has stopped smoking. i take now's adam multi-v..is it safe for my girlfriend to take half the dose of now's adam multi-v. thanks

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
im 30yrs old been smoking since i was around 12yrs old i stopped smoking 6 months ago. what supps or food would help to repair my lungs and get the plaque out of my arteries. my girlfriend also has stopped smoking. i take now's adam multi-v..is it safe for my girlfriend to take half the dose of now's adam multi-v. thanks
Time... that is what will clean and heal your lungs... takes approx 2 years from stuff I have read.

As for plaque in your arteries, pomegranate juice has respectable science behind it to reverse artherisclerosis (sp?)

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
congrats on quitting :) smoking is an evil beast. i spent 10 years of my life slave to that demon.

just give it time, let your lungs clear up - there's nothing that i know of that will help, other than make sure you're taking in clean air.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
time will do the trick. also, to get lung power back and maybe clean them up a little bit, do cardio. good luck!

noot

noot

Awards
  • Established
adam multi-v..is it safe for my girlfriend to take half the dose of now's adam multi-v. thanks
I think that should be fine. Multi-vitamins do not really have strict dosages, the only area where you can have problems is with too much iron, but adam seems to be free of it.

As for the body repair, I think the most effective is exercise. It will increase your respiration and blood flow, and over time both should be improved through body's natural filtration and repair. As for supplements and foods, I guess anything healthy will do.

BxGymRat

BxGymRat

Awards
everybody is pretty on point with your lung recovery,Time is best. but as far your GF taking Adam (A man's Multi V that helps to promote Testosterone production) not a good idea IMO.

noot

noot

Awards
  • Established
but as far your GF taking Adam (A man's Multi V that helps to promote Testosterone production) not a good idea IMO.
:biglaugh:

Higher Sex Drive.

BxGymRat

BxGymRat

Awards
OK!! in that case Make sure she's taking her Adam Multi's!!! LOL

Antigravity

Antigravity

Awards
Congrats on the quitting! :) Welcome to your new life!

1) RE your GF- taking an ADAM Multi V is OK. Im a girl- I take it Im ok. Its supposed to keep natural, healthy levels of test, which is important for a woman too. However I doubt that what is in ADAM would really alter blood levels significantly. I personally noticed more energy @ men's dose/daily.

2) Are you coughing? congested ? you can use a mild expectorant, as you should expect some stuff to gradually come out of your lungs over time. I quit smoking 5 years ago- and coughed up some things here and there- Smoking causes temporary paralysis of the tiny micro hairs in your lung that help filter things out. As your lungs clear up- things will be removed- the larger things will be expectorated. Also- staying away from second hand smoke may be helpful, because as your body heals- you will end up overproducing mucus, or trigger inflamation in your lungs, as a protective mechanism.

3) x2 on pomegranate juice.

4) Time IS the best remedy :)

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
ADAM has nutrients, that a person can use to make more test, but there is nothing in the product that will actually stimulate test production.

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i have no signs of anything goin wrong with my lungs. i do feel more energy and i can swim,run,walk,and go up stairs easier. thanks for all the help everyone. pomegranate juice sounds good to me. i will give it a try.

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
anyone know the best place to get pomegranate juice?