L-Theanine

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
Looking at Source Naturals L-Theanine, 200 mg, Capsules and interested on feedback from anyone else who has used this? What did you find to be an effective dosage? Is this comparable to Source Naturals Theanine Serene, Tablets, 120 tablets?

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
200mg is ok, 400-600 is better. I like SN Theanine Serene a lot. It's a great blend and is fairly inexpensive and you can take it during the day for stress or pre bed to sleep extra deep.

Last edited:
fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
What is SN Theanine Supreme? Never heard of it? What does the blend consist of?

200mg is ok, 400-600 is better. I like SN Theanine Supreme a lot. It's a great blend and is fairly inexpensive and you can take it during the day for stress or pre bed to sleep extra deep.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
Lower dosages 100-500mg or so at a time seems to raise gaba levels and lower stress. Dosages above that seem to have a stimulating effect releasing more dopamine. You kind of have to figure out what dosages work for you. Start out low. I would use 100mg. Try that up to 3x a day every 3-4 hours. If you notice nothing bump up to 200mg and so on. I've felt the effects of both the low and the highs of theanine. Low dosage is subtle but relaxing. I notice alert yet relaxed feeling. High dosages close to 1,000mg I noticed a strong dopamine buzz. It was more stimulating. Increased confidence and more aggressive actually.

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
What did you find as a "low" dosage to be effective?

Lower dosages 100-500mg or so at a time seems to raise gaba levels and lower stress. Dosages above that seem to have a stimulating effect releasing more dopamine. You kind of have to figure out what dosages work for you. Start out low. I would use 100mg. Try that up to 3x a day every 3-4 hours. If you notice nothing bump up to 200mg and so on. I've felt the effects of both the low and the highs of theanine. Low dosage is subtle but relaxing. I notice alert yet relaxed feeling. High dosages close to 1,000mg I noticed a strong dopamine buzz. It was more stimulating. Increased confidence and more aggressive actually.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
100-200mg of suntheanine taken at one time. Theanine serene is a decent product. I have used that before. Although it's hard to tell exactly how effective the theanine in there is because there's a lot of ingredients in there. The magnesium and taurine in there alone will have calming effects. If your looking strictly to know what theanine would do for you I would use it by itself.

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
So what have you noticed in the effect is different between Theanine serene and just plain Theanine?

100-200mg of suntheanine taken at one time. Theanine serene is a decent product. I have used that before. Although it's hard to tell exactly how effective the theanine in there is because there's a lot of ingredients in there. The magnesium and taurine in there alone will have calming effects. If your looking strictly to know what theanine would do for you I would use it by itself.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
It's hard to tell when you combine a bunch of things. The effects of theanine serene were calming overall but anything in there can enhance the effect of theanine too. The name theanine serene is kind of misleading because I believe the effects of magnesium and taurine in there have the most effect.

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
So would you say theanine serene is more calming than plain theanine?

It's hard to tell when you combine a bunch of things. The effects of theanine serene were calming overall but anything in there can enhance the effect of theanine too. The name theanine serene is kind of misleading because I believe the effects of magnesium and taurine in there have the most effect.

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
Notice there is also Source Naturals Theanine Serene with Relora.

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
Noticed too they have Source Naturals Calm Thoughts.

Seems like 3 or 4 nearly identical products. Anyone use these who can distinguish the differences (besides the individual ingredients) as to the overall effect or best usage?