Post Workout Protien

SimplyDraven

SimplyDraven

Awards
Just a quick question regarding my post workout protein shake. Typically I use a pre-workout drink (Jack3d), an intra-workout drink (Purple In Train) and then a post work out 60g whey protein shake w/ some dextrose in the car on the way home from the gym. I've recently switched training programs and Mondays and Thursdays are my abdominal workouts following my other weight workouts for those days. I decided to use the P90X "Ab Ripper X" DVD to get a 15 minute ab circuit in those days, but I do that at home. My question is this:

Would it be better for me to still consume the 60g whey protein shake on my way home from the gym to maximize the gains from my weight training and then do my ab workout on a semi-full stomach OR should I wait to consume the post workout whey protein shake until after my ab workout which would then be 45 min - 1 hour after my weight training (30 min drive pluse 15 minute ab circiut at home)

Thanks in advance

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
I would drink it on the way home depending on how much liquid you mix it in and whether or not it makes you bloated. When you learn the routine, just do it at the gym and drink shake like normal.

SimplyDraven

SimplyDraven

Awards
Thanks for the response. I know the routine really, the biggest reason for me doing it at home is because its the one workout my lady enjoys doing with me and I hate to pass up that opportunity. :p

I just mix with about 8-10 oz of water and slam it. I don't get bloated from it really.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
slam half on the way home, and the other half after your ab workout. if you weren't taking in-train, i would say half pre workout and half post workout (before abs).

60g is just way too much to take at one time. IMO at least.

SimplyDraven

SimplyDraven

Awards
Ok good to know. I've never been able to stay real current on the "how much is too much" protein debate. Ive heard answers all over the board

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
slam half on the way home, and the other half after your ab workout. if you weren't taking in-train, i would say half pre workout and half post workout (before abs).

60g is just way too much to take at one time. IMO at least.
For a guy who weighs 170, it is definitely too much. That's about how much I use, and I weigh 250 now.