whats your favorite protien shake?

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
whats your favorite protein shake?

Im not talking mainly about taste, but which one works the best for the money.  I did some reading in YJ's protein breakdown thread and checked out the Optimum nutrition  pro complex or whatever it is that contains whey and egg protien.

its like 12 bucks more then the optimum whey, and you get .6 pounds less

what do yous think.  Ive used the Opt 100% whey many times and have thought it to be good.

h19

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
For which purposes? Post workout or slower digesting for other times of day? I like Optimum quite a bit, use it post workout and always have. Will likely get some Pro Rated and try some of that as well though. That's the whey. I've been incorporating a little Muscle Milk into a pre workout type of thing, taken about an hour before I hit the gym (sometimes along with ground oats and flax meal). I am always running full steam, always feel great while lifting, etc. I'd always recommend not necessarily Muscle Milk but at least some type of preworkout nutrient plan. Tell you what though that MM tastes fucking unbelievable. So there you go.

Y

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Thats because its a blend, thats why its more expensive. More into production. I would justm ake my own meal replacement shake if thats what you're looking for....

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
The only time I take a shake is post workout....SOMETIMES in the morning, but i prefer real food for most of my meals.

What I used to do is just get optimum whey..and add like a gnc brand egg protien to it...that was ok also

h19

D

DarCSA

Awards
I use the Optimum 100% and have liked it since the start. Other than it I am going to try the Pro Rated soon and will get back to you on how it is.

A

Andy2k

Awards
Err ........ Got to go against one of my previous posts here!
AST's new formula of VP2 - vanilla flavour mixed with a small amount of apple juice. Beautiful stuff, excellent quality.

Jarconis

Jarconis

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
2 scoops Nlarge II choc, 2 scoops Isopure VanillA. Good stuff.

U

u4ik_rage

Awards
Of the ones I've tried, and I think I've tried over 20 of the name brands, Optimum whey has always been the best for the buck. Cytowhey is good for a sweeter change of pace. Champion and Nature's Best are both good and similar tasting to me.
I never drink a whey shake by itself though, it's always only part of my meal.

S

Sheesh

Awards
  • Established
Customize your own shake @ proteincustomizer.com or proteinfactory.com. PC is pretty cheap, and I've heard good things about the customer service. You can customize your protein to however you want it there, dependant on your goals, etc..

Personally, I use Muscle Milk...not too "cost effective" though....

B

Biggs

Awards
  • Established

Personally, I use Muscle Milk...not too "cost effective" though....
Yeeeaaah buddy, Muscle Milk. No it's not the cheapest **** in the world, but won't break the bank either at 20$ per 2.48 lbs or whatever it is. I don't use much daily anyway, simply found it best to use preworkout as already stated. Fucking great though.

S

Sheesh

Awards
  • Established

Yeeeaaah buddy, Muscle Milk. No it's not the cheapest **** in the world, but won't break the bank either at 20$ per 2.48 lbs or whatever it is. I don't use much daily anyway, simply found it best to use preworkout as already stated. Fucking great though.
Definitely great. I use around 2-3 serving per day...

U

u4ik_rage

Awards

Definitely great. I use around 2-3 serving per day...
Just finished one right now!! I do the same thing, 2 times a day.

My night shake used to be horrendous: milk, 2 scoops of whey, and 2 tablespoons of flax. I added a scoop of pina colada and now I kind of look forward to waking up at 3am to drink it.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
3 servings a day huh....my paycheck would be broke like shawn bradley's jumper. i dont know why, but since im reading this question/thread on here and not bb, doesnt seem too much of a flamable thread (ha) so ill break it down....the ones ive had

best taste(mrp, protein powder whey and blend considered):

mrp: myoplex choc/pb, muscle milk choc, myoplex deluxe strawberry, metrx choc/pb

whey: eas muscle drive choc, eas muscle drive vanillay, eas precision protein choc, eas simply choc (notice a trend??) ive tried another 5 brand or so....

blend: metrx protein plus choc, metrx protein plus van. butter, prov60 choc thunder, problend55 mocha

Now ones i hated enough to remember: designer's vanilla praline and one batch of problend vanilla (ive had alot various tubs of powder)

J

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
I only use whey right now, I make my own MRP's and eat meat before bed, but otherwise:

Whey: Optimum 100%

MRP: Myoplex Choc

Blend: Optimum Pro Complex

S

snakeman458

Awards
isopure dutch choc and iso 90 by dymatize wich bcaa's
i have had good results with both. and they taste great to

P

Patuba

Awards
  • Established
Myoplex any flavor. Made with 8oz. skim milk and 8oz. water gives me 50 grams of protein. This is great for a person that doesn't eat much meat, such as myself.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
My favs have to be:

Isomatrix by Syntrax

100% Whey by Prolab, either chocolate or vanilla

N-Large II, chocolate is addictive!

Lean Mass matrix, cinnamon oatmeal is so sexy! :D

D

Draven

Awards
  • Established
I like Isopures Vanilla flavour. Very flexible when it comes to making your own shakes..... here is some of my recipes. (sorry about the long post). I usually add flax oil to for some add EFA's.

#############################################

Creatine Catalyst

2 tbsp Protein Powder (vanilla)
5 Granny Smith apples
5 grams (one teaspoon) Creapureä creatine powder
16 ounces nonfat milk
1/2 cup ice cubes

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Wild Berry Boost

8 raspberries
4 strawberries
15 blueberries
16 ounces nonfat milk
1/2 cup ice cubes

Orange Creamsicle

6 to 8 ounces of water
4 to 6 ice cubes
1 or 2 Peeled Oranges
Mix in a blender on medium for 1 minute.
Pour into a tall glass. Enjoy!

Blueberry Blaster

6 to 8 ounces of water
4 to 6 ice cubes
20 to 30 blueberries
Mix in a blender on medium for 1 minute.
Pour into a tall glass. Enjoy!

Orange Blossom

1/2 tsp. orange extract
8 oz. nonfat milk
1/2 orange (optional)
ice cubes (optional)

Florida Fizz

3 oz. fresh Florida orange juice
1 oz. pineapple juice
4 oz. diet orange soda
Blend first 3 ingredients, then stir in soda & serve over ice.

Creamsicle 2

8 oz. nonfat milk
2 tbsp. sugar/fat free jello pudding vanilla flavor
2 tsp. orange extract
ice cubes (optional)

Sherbert Creamsicle

8 oz. orange juice
3 tbsp. sugar/fat free vanilla flavor jello pudding
1 scoop orange sherbet
Soda Fountain Shake

5 oz. nonfat milk
3 oz. flavored diet soda (black cherry, strawberry, root beer, etc.)
Combine all ingredients and blend until smooth.

Orange Blossom Special

1/2 tsp orange extract
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
8ox non-fat milk
4-6 ice cubes
Blend until smooth

Strawberry Breeze

Recipe Instructions:
1 Cup frozen strawberries
1 can diet creme soda ( or regular)

Blend together until smooth - ENJOY!!
Healthy and lowfat
Root Beer Float

12oz can Diet Root Beer Soda
2-3 ice cubes
Mix in Blender

Orange Blossom Shake

1/2 teaspoon orange extract (or 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate undiluted)
8 fluid ounces nonfat milk (or try using soy milk instead)
1/2 orange (optional, but great for vitamin C)
4-6 ice cubes (optional)

Soda Fountain Shake

5 fluid ounces nonfat milk (or try using soy milk instead)
3 fluid ounces diet soda (black cherry, strawberry, root beer)
1/2 banana or 1/2 peach (optional)
4-6 ice cubes (optional)

Tangy Tangerine

1/2 cup Tangerine Non-Fat Yogurt
Fresh or canned Tangerines
4 - 8 ice cubes

Rapsi Rumble

4 oz. Orange/Pineapple Juice
4 oz. water
1/4 cup frozen Raspberries
1/2 Kiwi
4 - 8 ice cubes

Coke-Float

8 - 12 oz. Diet Coke
1/4 cup Non-Fat Vanilla Ice Cream
4 - 8 ice cubes

The Un-Cola

8 - 12 oz. Diet Sprite or 7-Up
1/4 cup Non-Fat Vanilla Ice Cream
4 - 8 ice cubes

Orange Delight

8 - 12 oz. Diet Orange Slice or
Orange Crush
1/2 Banana
4 - 8 ice cubes

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
^^^ This post made me hungry! :D

N

Nelson

Myoplex

MRP: Mypplex Strawberry - best shake I`ve tried by a country mile;
Blend: ProV-60 Strawberry.
Whey: Yet to find something that really stands out.

If there are any other `Strawberry Lovers` out there who can recommend a strawberry whey, I`m all ears.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
^^^ This post made me hungry! :D
hasnt it bigpetefox?

nelson, if you feel myoplex straw is good (which it is), try myoplex deluxe straw (its ridiculous) Im not a strawberry lover however...im your standard chocolate is good...everything else is second tier sort of dude. Sage

S

Sheesh

Awards
  • Established
Re: Myoplex

MRP: Mypplex Strawberry - best shake I`ve tried by a country mile;
Blend: ProV-60 Strawberry.
Whey: Yet to find something that really stands out.

If there are any other `Strawberry Lovers` out there who can recommend a strawberry whey, I`m all ears.
Dude. The strawberry muscle milk is the best strawberry product on the market. Trust me, i've tried most of 'em. Mix it with milk and you'll be in paradise...

B

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
Re: Re: Myoplex

Dude. The strawberry muscle milk is the best strawberry product on the market. Trust me, i've tried most of 'em. Mix it with milk and you'll be in paradise...
The guy's got smarts! Strawberry MM all the way

C

CerealKiller

Awards
Very pleased with Isomatrix by Syntax as a protein blend and AST VP2 for post workout whey isolate.

I

institutional

Awards
100% whey by opti post workout.
lean mass matrix-best MRP ever-cinnamon oatmeal. its got good protien, complex carbs, healthy fats, and lots of fiber!

I

ironviking

The Axe Man Cometh!!
Awards
  • Established
Muscle Milk is the dope, not just for the taste but the fats in it as well, my skin isn't dry anymore, my joints dont hurt, and I've actually shed some fat since using it - 3xday

And the taste is just feakin awesome

B

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
Muscle Milk is the dope, not just for the taste but the fats in it as well, my skin isn't dry anymore, my joints dont hurt, and I've actually shed some fat since using it - 3xday

And the taste is just feakin awesome
niiice :D what flavor bro?

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
MM is fantastic aint it. but impress....3 times a day man? thats 5 days worth of muscle milk. (ha) i have to sprinkle 1/2 serving once or twice a day to spread the wealth. As soon as the choc and rootbeer is ovs, im ordering some other goodies flavor. We'll just have to see which....wont we? Sage

B

bpdaddy

Banned
Awards
Myoplex delux strawberry is good
Labrada shakes are good

Man I don't care about taste anyway...how much PROTEIN is in it!  Will be making my own from PC

C

Carl Willingham

Awards
Biotest LowCarb Vanilla Grow is the best tasting vanilla by leaps and bounds, great taste and texture, but waaayy overpriced at around 30bucks for a 2 lber. EAS simply protein choc is pretty good, vanilla isn't so hot but I can mix them and it's okay. 5lb tub of simply protein EAS at v i t a g l o . c o m is the best bang for the buck I think. BTW, all the biotest stuff is overpriced, but the grow protein is awesome tasting stuff so if taste is a premium, go this route. Also, the grow protein bars, despite the claims, don't taste worth a damn imho.....

B

bigliftsCNU

Awards
my favorite whey protein powder is optimum 100%

n-large2 is a great weight gainer.. good amino acid profile, not loaded with sugar, good ratio of fats, protein, and carbs, has healthy fats, and good cholestoral.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
5lb tub of simply protein EAS at v i t a g l o . c o m is the best bang for the buck I think.
you dont have to put spaces between sites name...says something about chemo's creditability huh. I do agree with you simply whey choice for best bang for the buck title. The pro-rated is a great deal as well. Sage

C

Conceptions

Banned
Awards
4 scoops N-Large2 w/ 16oz milk, add a bannana for banana flavor :p YUM!

B

Biggs

Awards
  • Established

n-large2 is a great weight gainer.. good amino acid profile, not loaded with sugar, good ratio of fats, protein, and carbs,l.
not loaded with sugar? which version of nlarge be this one, I'd like to try it :D

B

bigliftsCNU

Awards

not loaded with sugar? which version of nlarge be this one, I'd like to try it :D

shall i say.. not loaded with sugar as compared to other weight gainers who load their gainers with sugar to bump the calories

G

GuyinLA

Awards
I really like the taste of Optimum's 100% Whey Chocolate Mint flavor. I don't do MRPs too often, but the tastiest one I've had is Myoplex Strawberry Cream.

R

RaulJimenez

Awards
  • Established
I've been hearing a lot of good stuff in the Muscle Milk , which flavor you guys that have tried it do you love the most, vanilla or chocolate?

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
I've been hearing a lot of good stuff in the Muscle Milk , which flavor you guys that have tried it do you love the most, vanilla or chocolate?
ive only tried the choc and root beer. both nice. the choc i thought, was sublime the first few servings but got used to the enchantment and was an average shake afterword.s (ha) a good batch to have off and on though. Im getting in strawberry and vanilla in a couple of days and let you know which one (van or choc) i prefer. Sage

I

ironviking

The Axe Man Cometh!!
Awards
  • Established
I've tried root beer, chocolate peanut butter, blueberry, strawberry, mocha joe, and vanilla

I recommend every damn one

4 0ut 5 vikings recommend MM

Last edited:
Supa Freek 420

Supa Freek 420

E-BOLLER
Awards
  • Established
I've just started using customizer's MPI, and really like it. Don't feel as hungry after waking or between meals any more.

Results, we'll have to see...

I

Intensified

Awards
I agree with the simply protein by EAS as well as 100% Optimum.

R

RaulJimenez

Awards
  • Established
Wow ironviking, then i guess that's my next protein to try for sure , thanks!! Sage let me know how ti goes with straw and vanilla.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
Sage let me know how ti goes with straw and vanilla.
definetely man. however, ordered from easypricematch again and its standard they gonna push their delivery to their maximum 14 days. :rolleyes: this time however, seems like a bit longer cuz the flax i ordered along with my purchased was on order. :rolleyes: great idea for a site, obviously the best price you will find.....worse delivery. does it really take nearly 3 weeks for a shipment from wisconsin to ny? :rolleyes: (ha) Sage

G

gh0stface killa

Awards
I'm hearing lots of guys saying muscle milk is the **** and tastes great, but is it a quality protein powder worth it's price?

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
I'm hearing lots of guys saying muscle milk is the **** and tastes great, but is it a quality protein powder worth it's price?
ive always gone for bulk protein (5 lb plus) and casein from milk/cottage cheese for my longer digesting protein source. However, for 19 a can, its really not ridiculous. 15 servings..divide the serving into 1 sccop (not 2) and mix in a similar flavor of the cheaper whey (simply, opt, etc) and you get 30 uses for 19 bones. Sage

C

Conceptions

Banned
Awards

ive always gone for bulk protein (5 lb plus) and casein from milk/cottage cheese for my longer digesting protein source. However, for 19 a can, its really not ridiculous. 15 servings..divide the serving into 1 sccop (not 2) and mix in a similar flavor of the cheaper whey (simply, opt, etc) and you get 30 uses for 19 bones. Sage
hey, you mean half of one protein and the other half of another? is that what u mean?

G

gh0stface killa

Awards
I believe thats what he means. I think im going to pick up a bottle of the musclemilk and a bottle of opti. pro complex.

G

gh0stface killa

Awards
Cheapest prices for supplements i've seen on the net so far are from WWW.massnutrition.com Anyone know of any sites that sell supplements ever cheaper?

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
Cheapest prices for supplements i've seen on the net so far are from WWW.massnutrition.com Anyone know of any sites that sell supplements ever cheaper?
we have an entire thread dedicated to this question.

http://www.anabolicminds.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1047&highlight=cheapest

and conceptions, ya thats what i meant. Having a half serving of MM with a half serving of another protein (i use simply whey) taste exactly the same as the whole serving of MM so why not extend out the tub you have. mixing however, is tougher for some flavors than others (ie blueberry, cookies&cream, banana, mocha) but add choc or van and you're still aight. choc with the mocha and C&C, vanilla with blueberry and banana. as for strictly muslce milk, massnutrition is great (overall) and !19.95 is one of the best, there is another place for 19.49....i believe thats musclemagnepa. Sage

N

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
I use MM nutrition high 5 (blended protein) 26 gs a scoop & carbo max 58 gs 1/2 cp. for my weight gainer. The carbomax is $26 for 10lbs., and mixes up pretty well. I will be switching back to Optimum soon for price reasons only. Best bang for the buck has to be Optimum. I would really like to find a good solid Whey Isolate for cheap money though, but all of my attempts at that have failed. At 3-4 shakes a day it adds up quickly.

Peace!