whats your favorite protien shake?

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.75%

I agree with the simply protein by EAS as well as 100% Optimum.

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.33%

Wow ironviking, then i guess that's my next protein to try for sure , thanks!! Sage let me know how ti goes with straw and vanilla.
  3. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.91%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Originally posted by RaulJimenez
    Sage let me know how ti goes with straw and vanilla.
    definetely man. however, ordered from easypricematch again and its standard they gonna push their delivery to their maximum 14 days. this time however, seems like a bit longer cuz the flax i ordered along with my purchased was on order. great idea for a site, obviously the best price you will find.....worse delivery. does it really take nearly 3 weeks for a shipment from wisconsin to ny? (ha) Sage
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25%

I'm hearing lots of guys saying muscle milk is the **** and tastes great, but is it a quality protein powder worth it's price?
  5. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.91%

Originally posted by gh0stface killa
    I'm hearing lots of guys saying muscle milk is the **** and tastes great, but is it a quality protein powder worth it's price?
    ive always gone for bulk protein (5 lb plus) and casein from milk/cottage cheese for my longer digesting protein source. However, for 19 a can, its really not ridiculous. 15 servings..divide the serving into 1 sccop (not 2) and mix in a similar flavor of the cheaper whey (simply, opt, etc) and you get 30 uses for 19 bones. Sage
  6. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.49%

Originally posted by sage

ive always gone for bulk protein (5 lb plus) and casein from milk/cottage cheese for my longer digesting protein source. However, for 19 a can, its really not ridiculous. 15 servings..divide the serving into 1 sccop (not 2) and mix in a similar flavor of the cheaper whey (simply, opt, etc) and you get 30 uses for 19 bones. Sage
    hey, you mean half of one protein and the other half of another? is that what u mean?
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25%

I believe thats what he means. I think im going to pick up a bottle of the musclemilk and a bottle of opti. pro complex.
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25%

Cheapest prices for supplements i've seen on the net so far are from WWW.massnutrition.com Anyone know of any sites that sell supplements ever cheaper?
  9. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.91%

Cheapest prices for supplements i've seen on the net so far are from WWW.massnutrition.com Anyone know of any sites that sell supplements ever cheaper?
    we have an entire thread dedicated to this question.

http://www.anabolicminds.com/forum/s...light=cheapest

and conceptions, ya thats what i meant. Having a half serving of MM with a half serving of another protein (i use simply whey) taste exactly the same as the whole serving of MM so why not extend out the tub you have. mixing however, is tougher for some flavors than others (ie blueberry, cookies&cream, banana, mocha) but add choc or van and you're still aight. choc with the mocha and C&C, vanilla with blueberry and banana. as for strictly muslce milk, massnutrition is great (overall) and !19.95 is one of the best, there is another place for 19.49....i believe thats musclemagnepa. Sage
  10. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.04%

I use MM nutrition high 5 (blended protein) 26 gs a scoop & carbo max 58 gs 1/2 cp. for my weight gainer. The carbomax is $26 for 10lbs., and mixes up pretty well. I will be switching back to Optimum soon for price reasons only. Best bang for the buck has to be Optimum. I would really like to find a good solid Whey Isolate for cheap money though, but all of my attempts at that have failed. At 3-4 shakes a day it adds up quickly.

Peace!
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25%

I see a lot of you guys are taking the muscle milk.. just bought a bottle of banana creme today and its the best tasting protein shake i've tasted. But the 18 grams of fat and 8 grams saturated per serving is a bit high..Anyone get good gains from muscle milk?
  12. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.45%

good gains? yes. fat per serving high? depends on what you want out of your shake... it ain't 100% whey ya know... casein, a little colostrum and other **** with MCT's, etc... gotta consider how you'll use it... like I said I mainly use it with milk and sometimes ground oats preworkout as it is lighter in my gut than actual food, and gives me noticable increases in endurance and energy during workout... fat is goo fo youu
  13. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.91%

got my new order of strawberry and vanilla musclemilk in tonight. had a half-a-serving with my dinner. strawberry is ridiculous. Sage
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.44%
    Achievements Activity Pro

I see a lot of you guys are taking the muscle milk.. just bought a bottle of banana creme today and its the best tasting protein shake i've tasted. But the 18 grams of fat and 8 grams saturated per serving is a bit high..Anyone get good gains from muscle milk?

Holy ****, no wonder it tastes so good, 8 grams of saturated fat? Christ, might as well have some BK.
  15. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.21%

Originally posted by bigliftsCNU
    my favorite whey protein powder is optimum 100%

n-large2 is a great weight gainer.. good amino acid profile, not loaded with sugar, good ratio of fats, protein, and carbs, has healthy fats, and good cholestoral.
    Joe, don't take this as a flame, but there is no such thing as a good weight gainer.

One serving of N-Large 2 contains 52 grams protein, and 89 grams carbs, but only lists 23 of those grams carbs as sugar. The rest are simply maltodextrin, which is is sugar spelled sideways. Malto is 130 on the GI scale. It's considered a complex carb but has a higher spike than Dextrose, and acts just like sugar in the body. So the sugars far outweigh the protein, and I'm sure many young guys with incredibly fast metabolism see huge size gains off this product. But the same guys would see every bit as much muscle, minus the fat, if they were to stick with a high grade of blended protein, like Optimum Complete Protein Diet, or Max Muscle's High 5, and got all their carbs from whole food.

And last but not least, weight gainers usually have the lowest available grade of cheap ass whey concentrate as their main protein source. If you must use a gainer, the one formulated by YellowJacket is the best one I have seen.
  16. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.21%

BTW, My favorite proteins are in this order, ranked by quality, as taste isn't why I drink a protein shake:

1.Beverly Ultra Size

2. Beverly Muscle Provider

3. Biotest Low Carb Grow

4. Optimum Complete Protein Diet, which is my main source of protein powder, since the first 3 are cost prohibitive

I also love Lean Mass Matrix, but too many carbs for me, even though they ARE good complex carbs. this would be the closest thing I have seen to a good commercially available weight gainer.
  17. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.56%

I think John Benz's advice is sound. I, too, don't have a high opinion of N-Large primarily because of the high simple carb content. The only thing I would add is that EAS has a new Myoplex formula that is supposedly along the lines of Lean Mass Matrix. I haven't yet tasted it. EAS usually puts out reasonably-priced products.
  18. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.33%

John Benz I have a question for you regarding the Maltodextrin. Wouldn't a (MRP) like N-Large2 even if it contains malto, if added with protein and fat , would lower the GI of the food while entering the bloodstream thus not really being that fat sugar wise ? I hope I explained myself good enought.
  19. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.21%

Originally posted by RaulJimenez
    John Benz I have a question for you regarding the Maltodextrin. Wouldn't a (MRP) like N-Large2 even if it contains malto, if added with protein and fat , would lower the GI of the food while entering the bloodstream thus not really being that fat sugar wise ? I hope I explained myself good enought.
    Raul, you may be able to slow the digestion of whey protein by adding some additional fat, but nothing will slow the apsorption of malto, no matter what you add to the mix. Even if 89 gms were necessary for a proper insulin spike (which they are not), where does 89 gms of sugar go after it helps you spike? Right around your waistline, that's where!

BTW, if you were going to add fats and protein to an expensive gainer, why not just make your own?
  20. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.45%

yeh, the idea that you can take carbs like malto (and minor amounts of fructo in this case as well) with some whey, recommend 50g protein and 90g carb per serving and call it a weight gainer is a funny idea... people mistake that for MRP also, which as we can see it certainly isn't... it does meet and exceed label claims and is simple stuff so if you already have some, do yourself a favor and mix some real 100% whey with a half "serving" of nlarge post workout only... the only real mistake with these kinds of supps is that they take advantage of the fact that most average GNC shoppers see malto, see the explanation about it's complex carb designation, and think they're getting essentially the opposite of what they pay for
  21. Nelson

Benz

Originally posted by John Benz
    BTW, My favorite proteins are in this order, ranked by quality, as taste isn't why I drink a protein shake:

1.Beverly Ultra Size

3. Biotest Low Carb Grow

4. Optimum Complete Protein Diet, which is my main source of protein powder, since the first 3 are cost prohibitive

I also love Lean Mass Matrix, but too many carbs for me, even though they ARE good complex carbs. this would be the closest thing I have seen to a good commercially available weight gainer.

Are these your favorites for post-workout, or in general?
  22. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.21%

Re: Benz

Originally posted by Nelson

Are these your favorites for post-workout, or in general?
    In general. Although there are a lot of good proteins I haven't tried like Muscle Milk and AST's VP2. I do think the quality of Beverly products is unequaled in this industry. Their muscle Provider has the highest amount of hydrolyzed whey except for Biotest Surge, which is specifically designed for post-workout use.

I am not convinced that protein powder ingredients warrant the extra cost. Sure, you get what you pay for, but K (same) used to say, "If you buy the cheaper protein, you just have to eat more of it to get the same results." Also, protein powders, barring post-workout of course, are meant to supplement, not replace real food. Nothing at all wrong with 3-4 protein shakes a day, if you feel like spending 5 times as much money for something half as anabolic as real food, like beef, fish and eggs.

People tend to attach too much relevance on the shake nutrition immediately surrounding the workout. You must eat smart throughout the day and attempt to maintain a postive nitrogen balance at all times if you expect to see maximum gains from your workout.
  23. Nelson

I totally agree

In general. Although there are a lot of good proteins I haven't tried like Muscle Milk and AST's VP2. I do think the quality of Beverly products is unequaled in this industry. Their muscle Provider has the highest amount of hydrolyzed whey except for Biotest Surge, which is specifically designed for post-workout use.

I am not convinced that protein powder ingredients warrant the extra cost. Sure, you get what you pay for, but K (same) used to say, "If you buy the cheaper protein, you just have to eat more of it to get the same results." Also, protein powders, barring post-workout of course, are meant to supplement, not replace real food. Nothing at all wrong with 3-4 protein shakes a day, if you feel like spending 5 times as much money for something half as anabolic as real food, like beef, fish and eggs.

People tend to attach too much relevance on the shake nutrition immediately surrounding the workout. You must eat smart throughout the day and attempt to maintain a postive nitrogen balance at all times if you expect to see maximum gains from your workout.

I agree with everything you`ve said.
    I used to attach too much importance to supplements, but now I only have a shake in the morning (as an adjunct to my breakfast) & for post-workout, the rest is `real food` which I prepare.
    I`m using VP2 at the moment for the first time.
    I use 1 scoop of Optimum 100% Strawberry with 1/2 a scoop of VP2 Vanilla plus some dextrose.
    It tastes fairly good & isn`t too pricey.
  24. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.04%

Glad to see I was given some pretty ****ty advice on maltodextrin. I used to use just straight wheys and blends for my shake, but I recently started using maltodextrin, which I was told by the guy I buy my supps from was a great meal replacement. I am getting towards the end of my bulking cycle, and was using 56 grams of malto in my morning shake, 26 grams of malto in my post workout shake. No wonder why I'm gaining fat. I was just dealing with since I was coming off of the bulking cycle. What are your suggestions for the use of malto?
  25. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.91%

Originally posted by N'Pursuit
    What are your suggestions for the use of malto?
    half of your post workout carb source is a good idea. (combo with dextrose) ONLY! Sage
  26. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.87%

1.Beverly Ultra Size

3. Biotest Low Carb Grow

Isomatrix?
  27. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.21%

Originally posted by bachovas

Isomatrix?
    Good.
  28. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.56%

I read about a sale on Isomatrix at the Syntrax website (I don't think it was this specific thread but I think Bachovas was the source. If it was on this thread, sorry for the repetition - no flames, please.) Syntrax is selling Garden Berry flavor for $16 because the containers were damaged (who cares about that). I bought two tubs (shipping was $5). At web retailers, the cheapest I've seen Isomatrix is a little over $23. So this is a good deal. I just hope I like the flavor - it isn't what I would usually buy. Although I have been happy with Optimum 100% Whey, I've been reconsidering based on the negative comments about Whey Concentrate - thought I would give Isomatrix a try. I've read positive comments on Isomatrix.
  29. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.87%

Yeap, it was me. Cereal Killer ordered 2 tubs, too. I'm still waiting for you guys to try the flavor, Berry WTF?, and to tell me how damaged the containers actually are. Remember that I have to get it down here to Venezuela, so I have to get it shipped twice.
    Syntrax-->Miami-->Vzla
    Last edited by bachovas; 03-08-2003 at 12:56 AM.
  30. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.17%

Saw that special on the sytrax site, I agree WTF is Garden Berry? Anybody try it, good deal if it tastes decent. Ordered with Protein Customizer today, nice guy on the phone, will report with flavors and such later. Bachovis, that damn picture is the funniest thing I see all day. What is that ...... getting ready to do?????
  31. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.56%

I'll post my impression of the flavor on this thread. I should get my shipment late next week.
  32. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.49%

bachovas, whats with your avatar? what is it lol
  33. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.87%

My motherf*cker president. Hugo Rafael Chavez Frķas.
  34. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.56%

Originally posted by bachovas
    Yeap, it was me. Cereal Killer ordered 2 tubs, too. I'm still waiting for you guys to try the flavor, Berry WTF?, and to tell me how damaged the containers actually are. Remember that I have to get it down here to Venezuela, so I have to get it shipped twice.
    Syntrax-->Miami-->Vzla
    Thanks for the info. I would have otherwise never been aware of the sale. I would have bought more, but I'd hate to buy a lot if I hated the flavor.
  35. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.87%

No problem man, actually I was reading Ripped's thread about company websites, and I decided to visit each one of them (looking for free samples). I don't care so much about the flavor, I could cover it with some chocolate whey. What concerns me is the tubs, and if they'll make it down here.
  36. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.71%

I use Muscle Milk (have choco and cookies/creme) in the mornings, and use their Cyto Gainer post workout (chocolate malt flavor). The rest of the day is packed with tuna, chicken, beef, tuna, chicken, beef, over and over....

The Cyto Gainer is very good, and is as tasty as Muscle Milk.
  37. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.91%

Originally posted by PoolMan
    I use Muscle Milk (have choco and cookies/creme) in the mornings, and use their Cyto Gainer post workout (chocolate malt flavor). The rest of the day is packed with tuna, chicken, beef, tuna, chicken, beef, over and over....

The Cyto Gainer is very good, and is as tasty as Muscle Milk.
    not suprised....has blalent 50g plus of malto or dextrose per serving (as do most gainers sold by manufacturers) hey...fine for post workout at least. Sage (ps...how's cookies and cream?)
  38. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.71%

Yeah, I try to keep the amount of shakes low per day. Sometimes I will have an extra shake if I had to miss a solid meal due to time problems, etc. The cookies and creme is pretty good, but it is a little too sweet tasting (NEVER thought I would say that about a protein shake. Chocolate is much better though. After reading this, I will probably try the Strawberry next.
  39. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.45%

eh? somebody say strawbery MM? ... dammit it's good... thanks for the info about cookies n cream, wondered how that would turn out... I don't use much so will probably stick with strawberry
  40. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.91%

Originally posted by Biggin
    eh? somebody say strawbery MM? ... dammit it's good... thanks for the info about cookies n cream, wondered how that would turn out... I don't use much so will probably stick with strawberry
    true....ive tried 4 mm's. (straw, vanilla, choc, and rootbeer) strawberries is best. Sage

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-19-2011, 11:47 AM
  2. Whats your favorite protein shake?
    By hvylifter in forum Bulking
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 10-19-2009, 07:50 PM
  3. whats your favorite muscle to train?
    By hamper19 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-11-2005, 11:11 PM
  4. Whats your favorite 80's song?