Is reset AD for me?

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I'm a very fit college student who is stressed out, and loses out on sleep very often. I've suffered the effects of overtraining in the past, which I actually just pushed through until I had to take over a year off do to an injury. I play it safer now, and I've even dropped stims, but I would still like to take something for adrenal health. My metabolism is also slow as **** for a person with my level of muscle mass. Would Reset AD be right for me? I really wanna take this as a health supplement, but I hear the ingredient pregnalone is controversial.

Raptorbh12

Awards
you dont have adrenal fatigue especially since you dropped stimulants.
The only way a non stim user could have adrenal fatigue was if you were at war in trenches and fearing for your life every second of the day. Your in college so stop stressing out, you have your whole career to do that.
Reset-AD will not do much for you. You most likely need a sleep aid so you can recovery better at night. Try diphenhydramine or ZMA better yet to get a good nights sleep and you will be able to take what is dished out to you during your day with more ease.

sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
i would rather take reset AD then diphenhydramine to sleep. reset ad is a good product, ive used it three times and each time ive used it i feel alot more alert, clear headed and not as stressed.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Yeah Reset looks okay.

I would first check out if liquorice or Rhodiola "does it for you". If you prefer Rhodiola then don't use Reset. If I ran an adrenal fatigue prog. I use each component separately. Dunno what uses Rhod. but you'd combine it with pregnenolone.

Good luck.

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
you dont have adrenal fatigue especially since you dropped stimulants.
The only way a non stim user could have adrenal fatigue was if you were at war in trenches and fearing for your life every second of the day. Your in college so stop stressing out, you have your whole career to do that.
Reset-AD will not do much for you. You most likely need a sleep aid so you can recovery better at night. Try diphenhydramine or ZMA better yet to get a good nights sleep and you will be able to take what is dished out to you during your day with more ease.
very untrue.

during my college days, especially my last semester of college, i never touched stimulants and i was extremely burned out. stims just supercharge the process of adrenal fatigue. I was working 40 hours a week, taking 12 credits, i had to drive 45 mins out of my way to get to/from work and then 45 mins further to get to school, and i was going out and partying way too much at night. all without the use of stimulants. my test levels were probably that of a 60 year old and my libido was lost.

and to be honest, your advice "so stop stressing out". Thats like telling someone to 'stop having the flu'.

Especially with today's economic condition, stress is ever more prevalent for many of us who worry about jobs, our welfare, and our debt situation.

back to the OP

pregnenolone may be controversial to some, but with all of the research that i/we have done on it, i havent come across anything conclusive to discredit it for fatigue. pregnenolone serves as the mother hormone to your body. if your body is in perfect harmony, any excess is metabolized and exits. if your hormone 'balance' is off, then preg will help fuel the hormonal needs for your body.
one of the biggest issues with stress is the massive release of cortisol. cortisol's effects on the body will wreak havoc on almost every aspect of your health, including testosterone production. reset ad helps the body to utilize cortisol more effectively (licorice root) while supplementing the areas that are 'shut down' due to stress.

while you might need to de-stress, you will have to evaluate your own lifestyle and sleeping habits and make changes according to your schedule. ZMA (as mentioned) is great for increasing sleep quality and helping to improve test production.. but it will not assist with adrenal health directly.

we have dozens of reviews and logs on reset ad and a lot of people who swear by it after taking it for a brief period. we priced it at a point at which it would remain affordable for those who need it (less than $18).

your situation sounds similar to mine.. i was in a cycle of constant overtraining until i finally hit a major injury (dislocated/fractured elbow) that finally changed my path and forced me to slow down and face life in a different light.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Well I am already getting my zinc and magnesium, and I am considering this product. My only question is in regard to my skin. I am one of those guys who always has a few pimples, and it's not a side effect of something that I take for sports performance. Is there any chance this will make me break out. should I schedule it for a time when I dont really have any ladies to impress?

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
i havent heard of, nor am i aware of anyone having acne issues with this. i cant put my finger on any link between oily skin and anything in this product.

if anything.. there are a ton of posts online of people super dosing pantothenic acid for acne.