Help with a sleep aid

cmp007

Awards
  • Established
Looking for something to pick up to help me fall asleep at night. Ive been on a raelly ****ty schedule and I will lay around at about 10 at night but wont sleep till about 3am every night. Want to find a natural sleep aid from gnc or something like that. Im on random drug testing and im nervous about taking supplements so just looking for something otc to help me get sleepy at night.

cmp007

Awards
  • Established
What would a good dose be and how long before I want to lay down and get ready for bed

USMC7051

USMC7051

Awards
What would a good dose be and how long before I want to lay down and get ready for bed

1mg 1 hour before bed..and try doing something relaxing before bed like reading a book or watching some tv

Swoldierboy

Awards
  • Established
i like melatonin and ZMA. amazing results. also try benadryl. that knocks me out if i take 2

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
forget melatonin, get ZMA or ZMK. ive always been a good sleeper and now that ive started taking ZMK im sleeping like a beast. i feel like it was a deficiency and now im back to normal.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
also drink chamomile tea, puts me out after 1-2 cups

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
alsosuggest dropping the melatonin, it actually has no effect on sleepiness.

also taking melatonin while young, can actually drop melatonin levels in the brain, dont want to do that cause its the only anti oxident that crosses blood brain barrier.

i'm making my own stack for sleep, with the BIG SALE from primmordial performance im looking to save about 30-40% on the slumber stack, and stack it with bulk 1-carboxy from nutra-planet!
lights out baby

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
alsosuggest dropping the melatonin, it actually has no effect on sleepiness.

also taking melatonin while young, can actually drop melatonin levels in the brain, dont want to do that cause its the only anti oxident that crosses blood brain barrier.

Can you show me where you found this? It doesn't increase sleepiness exactly, but it will eventually make you tired. It help with the quality of sleep for sure.

i'm making my own stack for sleep, with the BIG SALE from primmordial performance im looking to save about 30-40% on the slumber stack, and stack it with bulk 1-carboxy from nutra-planet!
lights out baby

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Can you show me where you found this? It doesn't increase sleepiness exactly, but it will eventually make you tired. It help with the quality of sleep for sure.
yea it sure does help but the body already makes it. if you keep supplementing with this then you will become more or less dependent on taking it. once in a while is a good thing but you dont need it

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am a big fan of ZMA with bulk 1-carboxy. great sleep, very fun dreams

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
yea it sure does help but the body already makes it. if you keep supplementing with this then you will become more or less dependent on taking it. once in a while is a good thing but you dont need it
I don't take it daily. Probably once every 3-4 weeks, if that. I usually use ZMA along side it.

Swoldierboy

Awards
  • Established
so does this principle go along with all other supplements?

Swoldierboy

Awards
  • Established
also, your problem may not be your just not falling asleep. how is your diet? eating certain foods at night can keep you up. doing physical activity late can keep you up longer. stuff like that.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
so does this principle go along with all other supplements?
not really. if you are messing with melatonin or your seratonin/dopamine receptors then you might create some dependancy issues. most supplements help you get what you dont already get from your diet, so they help correct deficiencies. things like protein,creatine, fish oil, vitamins are all things the body can use up.

cmp007

Awards
  • Established
The main reasons I cant get to sleep is I started on paxil again and that gets me wired for most of the day. Im usually good by night but Ive had some serious things happen the last month and Ive got really bad stress and it all has made my anxiety worse so when I stop and relax all that **** starts kicking in. And I was looking for something I can pick up at walmart or gnc cause just in case it throws my drug tests off I wont get in trouble hopefully. Just dont want to take the chance with supplements ive got a hefty penalty weighing on me

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
Benadryl works pretty well for me. Another thing that has greatly improved my sleep is LG Science's Ghenerate. I have honestly had the best sleep of the last several years after taking that with 2-3 caps of I-Gh-1. If I take it to early, I fall asleep before teh monday night football game is over. I used to toss and turn while using tylenol PM so this has been excellent and has other benefits.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Benadryl works pretty well for me. Another thing that has greatly improved my sleep is LG Science's Ghenerate. I have honestly had the best sleep of the last several years after taking that with 2-3 caps of I-Gh-1. If I take it to early, I fall asleep before teh monday night football game is over. I used to toss and turn while using tylenol PM so this has been excellent and has other benefits.
benadryl is terrible for sleep. I think I remember reading it prevents you from reaching REM sleep.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
forget melatonin, get ZMA or ZMK. ive always been a good sleeper and now that ive started taking ZMK im sleeping like a beast. i feel like it was a deficiency and now im back to normal.
Great suggestion buddy. Zmk is a great product with krebs cycle chelated minerals and also trace minerals that take it a giant step above the average zma product. It is not addictive like a lot of sleep supplements, the only way it affects your levels is by adding minerals that you are more than likely lacking if you are an athlete of any sort, and it helps you get a much more deep and restorative sleep.

If you are using Paxil, I would not recommend using Somnidren GH....but if you weren't, that would be an amazing addition also.

cmp007

Awards
  • Established
Between ZMA or ZMK which is the best to go with to help sleep

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
o for sure man Carl knows his **** and cover A LOT OF AREA he isnt narrow minded either especially when it comes to topic choices

cmp007

Awards
  • Established
Yea seems to be the best choice. gonna see how it works out

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Yea seems to be the best choice. gonna see how it works out
make sure you take 4 before bed with no calcium rich foods. so no whey, cheese, milk, etc before taking ZMK

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 40
Supplements 0
Supplements 114
Supplements 7
Supplements 11