R-ALA question

brock17cf

Awards
Hey everyone,
i have an extra bottle of Na-R-ALA on hand, and am not sure how to use it. I run track in the spring, and I do strength work and a cut before the season. On one hand, I've heard it'll help me lean out if I take it before meals. Then again, I could use it during the season after practices/meets for an antioxidant and to 'load' glucose. Which route would you recommend, taking it pre-season with my February cut, or use it in April to aid recovery from practices? Is it more effective at one or the other?
BTW, i mostly run the 400. :woohoo:

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
Hey everyone,
i have an extra bottle of Na-R-ALA on hand, and am not sure how to use it. I run track in the spring, and I do strength work and a cut before the season. On one hand, I've heard it'll help me lean out if I take it before meals. Then again, I could use it during the season after practices/meets for an antioxidant and to 'load' glucose. Which route would you recommend, taking it pre-season with my February cut, or use it in April to aid recovery from practices? Is it more effective at one or the other?
BTW, i mostly run the 400. :woohoo:
Well its to help store glycogen and lower blood glucose levels, I would say start off with 150mg of Na-R-ALA 25-30minutes prior to ingestion of food, taking preseason will do not do too much.