Favorite Flavor of Xtend? - To help mask bulk BCAAs

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
I did some searching but could not find any particular old threads like this. What is the best flavor of xtend? I have a ton of bulk BCAA but I'm tired of always getting crystal light or something when really xtend is not that much more expensive all things considered.
Anyway, is there a consensus here on the best flavor, or maybe the strongest flavor for covering bulk BCAAs?

Thanks!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
With most bulk BCAA, they have such an odd taste that's like a bitter and nasty sweetness. I like raspberry lemonade Crystal Light to cover up the bulk, but grape Xtend is my favorite.

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
With most bulk BCAA, they have such an odd taste that's like a bitter and nasty sweetness. I like raspberry lemonade Crystal Light to cover up the bulk, but grape Xtend is my favorite.
Agree Crystal Light Rasberry lemonade is scrumptious for covering up tastes, Ive personally liked the watermelon flavor best.

jaydollars

jaydollars

Awards
  • Established
Lemonade flavor is the best I have tried, I enjoy drinking it

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Watermelon is my favorite. I've liked them all though.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
chain'd out appletini....i really like sweet stuff and this stuff is very sweet, i can imagine it covering up any nasty taste

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
There all basically good, especially to a first time user of extend. I would probably recommend watermelon. Its one of there first flavors not to many people dont like it the first time. Just like anything if you use it enough you will get sick of the taste. i have had every flavor except Blue Raz. If you continue to use it just switch to a new flavor every tub. the cheaper option is what rodja recommended.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
u think that'll work for bulk Super Cissus too?
i dunno, i heard bulk super cissus is horrible. but it covers bulk bcaa great and it tastes like poo, just might need a bit more, try it out!

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Blue Raz Xtend. Grape rocks also. Has a pretty knarly aftertaste though. My wife doesn't care for how my breath smells while drinking it.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Watermelon

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
eh i dont think a scoop or two will mask regular bulk BCAA, but i have had no issues with IBCAA from primmordial something about the intantized form lessen the nasty taste of BCAA's bulk damn normal BCAA's are rough!

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
i dunno, i heard bulk super cissus is horrible. but it covers bulk bcaa great and it tastes like poo, just might need a bit more, try it out!
yeah ive tossed it into protein shakes... its there, but i choke it down

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
dont be taking your bcaa with whole protein sources guys, gotta take em seperate to get the increase in anabolism that they are capable of

defy

Awards
I've tried watermelon, lemon, grape, apple, and orange. The only one I hated was Orange.

In my opinion, best to worst:
Lemon
Apple
Grape
Watermelon
Orange (by far)

I want to try blue raspberry but I can't afford it right now :p

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
Kind of ressurecting an old thread. But I bought the bulk citrus flavor stuff. I'll give it a go and let you guys know how it works out if you want.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bulk Citrus Dew is a lemon-lime powder, pretty good. I've used a fair bit of it to flavour bulk BCAA's. I often just do 1 scoop of Xtend + 1-2 scoops bulk, it's a weak taste but economical and semi-decent. Citrus flavours tend to mask bulks better from my experience.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Should give AMS' Body Mortar a try. I have their punch flavor and will probably not go back to Xtend. Body Mortar is pretty awesome.

purebred

considering the feedback I've received: watermelon, apple and blue raspberry are the most popular Xtend flavors amongst users.

qwerty33

qwerty33

Awards
  • Established
forget xtrend and pick up ibcaa by primordial performance. It mixes completely and is taste less. Throw in pomegranate juice for added health benefits

defy

Awards
Kind of ressurecting an old thread. But I bought the bulk citrus flavor stuff. I'll give it a go and let you guys know how it works out if you want.
Nice, let us know how it goes. I was thinking of doing the same thing, may stilll use the citrus flavoring with bulk powders like alcar or glutamine (ugh).

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
youre better off sticking with xtend, its pretty well priced vs bulk.