peptopro - substitute for BCAA's?

SemiBulimic

SemiBulimic

Awards
  • Established
as the title suggests, i've been doing a bit of reading this peptopro and it seems legit. My question is, if you had to choose, would you buy this or BCAA's? the BCAA's i normally purchase here in UK are very insoluble and a pain to drink so i'm thinking the increased solubility of peptopro would put it ahead of BCAA's. Also, ayone with experience of peptopro feel free to chime in about it as i'm especialy interested in the alleviation or reduction of DOMS with regards it.

just a final point, my main reason for buying BCAAs was recovery and i want to know if this stuff beats it in that department

SB

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
as the title suggests, i've been doing a bit of reading this peptopro and it seems legit. My question is, if you had to choose, would you buy this or BCAA's? the BCAA's i normally purchase here in UK are very insoluble and a pain to drink so i'm thinking the increased solubility of peptopro would put it ahead of BCAA's. Also, ayone with experience of peptopro feel free to chime in about it as i'm especialy interested in the alleviation or reduction of DOMS with regards it.

just a final point, my main reason for buying BCAAs was recovery and i want to know if this stuff beats it in that department

SB
peptopro/wms/gplc seems to be the way to go. find a good source or it will be $$$$$$.

crowbar46

Awards
  • Established
Pepto-pro beats BCAA ANY DAY for growth and recovery. It is a complete protein that is 80-90% di and Tri peptides. Pepto-Pro is VERY rapidly absorbed causing a large spike in protein synthesis rates. Better yet, use pure L-Leucine with Pepto-Pro. Pepto-Pro is one of the VERY few supplements with damn near drug like effects: yes, it's that powerful in aiding recovery.

Crowbar

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
peptopro is good, but i would be careful using it pre and during workout.

what happens is that it is so rapidly absorbed that it puts your muscle fibers in a immediate fast, which is not good during training.

i used to use it post-workout, and you only need 5-10 grams. i believe it is good to use morning as well, but i wouldnt use it pre-intra workout in any way.

i would not not consider this anything like "steroids," as i did use it for a year to my advantage but nothing drastic. after 10 months of use i quit and honestly did not really notice a difference.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
ax1, did u notice better recovery? when i first started using BCAA's intra/post the increased recovery was very noticable. curious if there is a further benefit

sonicwaste

Awards
ax1, did u notice better recovery? when i first started using BCAA's intra/post the increased recovery was very noticable. curious if there is a further benefit
Yes it will aid and increase recovery. More so than BCAA's. I use with GEAR from n2bm (super plasma protein, hydrolized caseinate, whey fractions, bcaa's) with 5g extra super plasma protein, 5g pepto pro, and no synthesize (which has hyrdolized caseinate, hydrolized whey, whey isolate)

There is a noticeable difference since I have implemented this combination and it is not subtle, in my opinion.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i felt good on it, and would recommend it, just that i would not go as far as saying anything near to "steroid gains". i do believe it aided in my recovery as my workouts were strong most of the time. its really hard to tell sometimes when you take multiple supplements like i have.

i think and recomend you should try it out for 3 months and see how it works for you, i ordered my with the extra aminogen from that protein website.

but for pre and intra workout i would stick to basic bcaa's along with eaa's which you can get an all in one with the LG BC+EAA product.

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I can't see why hydro casein would do anything. Casein is used specifically for it's slow digesting properties. Hydrolyzing it would remove this and just give you a protein with a worse profile than whey...

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
peptopro is good, but i would be careful using it pre and during workout.

what happens is that it is so rapidly absorbed that it puts your muscle fibers in a immediate fast, which is not good during training.

i used to use it post-workout, and you only need 5-10 grams. i believe it is good to use morning as well, but i wouldnt use it pre-intra workout in any way.

i would not not consider this anything like "steroids," as i did use it for a year to my advantage but nothing drastic. after 10 months of use i quit and honestly did not really notice a difference.
can you explain what you mean by "fast"?

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
I can't see why hydro casein would do anything. Casein is used specifically for it's slow digesting properties. Hydrolyzing it would remove this and just give you a protein with a worse profile than whey...

oh my God. thankyou!

ive been saying this for a while. i thought i was crazy.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established

by ''immediate fast'' he means, that since the protein is all used up, your muscles are ''fasting'', meaning it is going without nutrients.

i don't know at what point you become catabolic though, after nutrients are absorbed.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
fast, as in you flood your muscles with a super quick absorbing source of protein and then it disappears. your muscles will be in a fasting state wondering where all the protein went and turn to itself as energy.

got this from a forum with some of the experienced users of peptopro, forgot who and what but dont take this info lightly.

the question i ask, is if you simply mix peptopro with a slower digesting protein such as whey will you avoid this with the continuity of amino acids?

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
fast, as in you flood your muscles with a super quick absorbing source of protein and then it disappears. your muscles will be in a fasting state wondering where all the protein went and turn to itself as energy.

got this from a forum with some of the experienced users of peptopro, forgot who and what but dont take this info lightly.

the question i ask, is if you simply mix peptopro with a slower digesting protein such as whey will you avoid this with the continuity of amino acids?
Yah I would only use this post workout and mix it with a protein blend of some sort.