Jack3d Advice Needed for Army

JakeMR

Awards
I'm in the Army and I have been having some problems with body fat %, my sit ups and on my time on the run. I used to be able to do these things well enough, but I went through some problems with a hip injury from my last deployment and couldn't perform for almost a year. Now I'm a disgusting fat body (228 6'0). The army being the army, I just got the go-ahead to start working out 100% from them, and I have 90 days to reach performance levels, but I want to be back at pre-injury standards, not base standards. I really don't have a desire to stack, or cycle or whatever you call it. I read enough to see this entails taking several products. I'm only an E-3, wife and two kids, not enough money to buy several products. But I was looking at Jack3d and it seems to be a great natural supplement on its own. I have the diet worked out, but could someone give me some advice on this? Primarily what supplement would help me in my cardio for the 2 mile run. Any advice is appreciated.

crewchief182

crewchief182

Awards
At ease on the Jack3d. This is some pretty strong stuff. It was almost too much for me in the weight room. I think if I had used this stuff for a PT test, my heart and head would have exploded like a hand grenade. If you do decide to go that route, do yourself a big favor, and start out with one scoop, to assess your tolerance.

My advice, would be to go with DominATP from USPowders. All the benefits of a stim, without the stim. This stuff would be ideal for a young soldier such as yourself, and you won't wreak havoc on your CNS with this one.
http://store.anabolicminds.com/product/uspowders/dominatp-500-grams.html

Nolanaf67

Nolanaf67

Awards
At ease on the Jack3d. This is some pretty strong stuff. It was almost too much for me in the weight room. I think if I had used this stuff for a PT test, my heart and head would have exploded like a hand grenade. If you do decide to go that route, do yourself a big favor, and start out with one scoop, to assess your tolerance.

My advice, would be to go with DominATP from USPowders. All the benefits of a stim, without the stim. This stuff would be ideal for a young soldier such as yourself, and you won't wreak havoc on your CNS with this one.
Alright man I have to second that. I went for PT the other day and like an idiot I took 1 1/2 scoops of this stuff and my head felt like it was going to explode! No lie. I couldn't breathe after the running and I felt like I was going to pass out. It took me 1 hour to recover fully. Was not much fun.

JakeMR

Awards
Alright thanks guys I really appreciate your feedback. So I'll avoid the Jack3d and go for a non-stim. Try to avoid anything tampering with my CNS. I guess the run is just something you gotta build up on your own, no enhancer can substitute for just gradually increasing my run distance/time.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Great post! DominATP is perfect for those seeking to avoid stims. Besides, DominATP comes with a free bottle of Refresh. Refresh was designed to provide powerful adaptogenic and adrenal support, help strengthen immune and cardiovascular response, provide antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits, support cognitive function and memory, as well as heighten concentration and focus in a potent, yet subtle manner. These benefits clearly reinforce any athlete's capacity to excel in activities requiring high levels of mental and physical exertion.
A versatile matrix, Refresh can be taken first thing in the morning, or pre-workout along with a pre-workout formula such as DominATP, or even in the evening, depending on one's objective. If one desires to use Refresh to boost adaptogenic and adrenal capacity, while augmenting focus, concentration, cognitive and memory benefits on a given day, outside of a gym environment, it might be useful to dose it early in the day. For enjoying the same benefits during workout, Refresh can be taken pre-workout. For post-workout recovery support, Refresh may be supplemented in the evening of a workout day.

Here is the full DomniATP write-up, by the way: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/136016-uspowders-dominatp-strategic.html

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
The APFT is so archaic and overblown, but that's another discussion. Every time I've taken a strong stim before a run, it never worked out too well. Rhodiola was suggested to me once when I was in Colorado, but I never saw much difference from it. I've been taking Super Cissus RX since my hips and ankles decided to give me problems, and that has helped a lot. Beta Alanine and creatine mono are supposed to aid in endurance as well. I find the overall best way to train for a PT Test is lots of various running outside, and bodyweight exercises like pushup variations, ab exercises, pullups, dips, and more running. Whenever I had problems with the APFT, I'd just drop the weights for a month and do this.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The best thing that helped me with my APFT was to do 400 meter and 800 meter sprints. Your supposed to get every 400 in less than 1 min 30 and every 800 in less than 3 mins. Here is an example sprint workout: 400/400/800/400/800/400/400, in between each set, rest for about 1.5 minutes and 2.5 mins after the 800's. Brought my 2 mile time down from 13.40 to 12.00. Course I was also incorporating 35lb ruck runs at least once a week (6 miles).. Now, I dont run anymore; I only lift, so my run is now in the lower 13's... And no pre workout has ever helped my pt test, always seemed to hinder it...

JakeMR

Awards
The APFT is so archaic and overblown, but that's another discussion. Every time I've taken a strong stim before a run, it never worked out too well. Rhodiola was suggested to me once when I was in Colorado, but I never saw much difference from it. I've been taking Super Cissus RX since my hips and ankles decided to give me problems, and that has helped a lot. Beta Alanine and creatine mono are supposed to aid in endurance as well. I find the overall best way to train for a PT Test is lots of various running outside, and bodyweight exercises like pushup variations, ab exercises, pullups, dips, and more running. Whenever I had problems with the APFT, I'd just drop the weights for a month and do this.
Yeah I've dropped the weights since I have no problem with muscle or mass, the problem seems to be LEAN muscle and endurance. Working on my run and controlling my breathing is the biggest difficulty for me. For some reason, getting back into running is more difficult on my lungs than my muscles. I run out of air and my lungs are burning way before I start to feel any muscle group aching. Ah, it's all training, training, training. I'll get it. Thanks for all the input guys.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Good call on Jack3d avoidance for the purposes of the OP. DominATP/Refresh would be perfect, and I highly recommend adding in some Cordygen5 or VO2. When combined with DominATP, you'll experience way increased work output with much less effort, and better recovery.

JakeMR

Awards
Good call on Jack3d avoidance for the purposes of the OP. DominATP/Refresh would be perfect, and I highly recommend adding in some Cordygen5 or VO2. When combined with DominATP, you'll experience way increased work output with much less effort, and better recovery.
I had some questions pertaining to the use of Cordygen5(?) and the other product you said to use in conjunction with DominATP & Refresh. How do I use all these products together? Do I take them all at the same time? I'm in the army but I've never used supplements, and all the research in the world hasn't told me in what order to take these or what time of the day pre or post. Any advice would be welcome! :)

GorillaPimp631

Awards
Hey! I'm in the navy and I take it after work and before the gym four days a week. I love it, and it helps me get through the workout and get some running in without being all cracked out. I've taken it before my PFA's too. The only bad thing is you get used to it pretty quick.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I had some questions pertaining to the use of Cordygen5(?) and the other product you said to use in conjunction with DominATP & Refresh. How do I use all these products together? Do I take them all at the same time? I'm in the army but I've never used supplements, and all the research in the world hasn't told me in what order to take these or what time of the day pre or post. Any advice would be welcome! :)
Cordygen5 is timed release, so the only stipulation is that you take it enough in advance to be in your system. Anytime a couple hours before activity would be fine, but at least 1 hour before. DominATP/Refresh are good 30-60 minutes before the workout.

tuberman

Awards
  • Established
I have to second Poison's call here. You would have to take an endurance drug like EPO to get a stronger non-stim energy/endurance effect that you get from the combination of either of Millenium's cordyceps ( C5 or VO2) along with DominATP. Refresh is just some icing on this wonderful stack. Throw in a little coffee or pop if you have to have a little stim effect.