3 grams of d-aspartic Acid raises test by 42%?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. 3 grams of d-aspartic Acid raises test by 42%?


    Did you guys read about this on ergo-log? Three grams D-aspartic acid raises testosterone levels by a third

    From what i can find searching on google it seems legit.


  2. Any supps that have that in it?

  3. wikipedia says its whats in the artificial sweeteners... sugar increases test! give me some oreos!

    jk, but its an amino acid, i doubt any supplements have it in them. id try zinc before i tried this... i duno, might work
    CELTIC LABS REP
    •   
       


  4. it's really really bad for you.

    let me find a link.....

    This is copy and pasted from another forum with a thread about it:

    d-Aspartic acid induced oxidative stress and mitochondrial dysfunctions in testis of prepubertal rats

    Abstract Previously we demonstrated the potential of d-aspartic acid (d-Asp), an acidic amino acid to induce oxidative response in prepubertal rat testis in vitro. In the present study, we determined the extent of oxidative stress in the testis of prepubertal rats that were administered d-Asp (100 and 500 mg/kg bw/d, i.p. 7 days). d-Asp treatment significantly elevated the levels of reactive oxygen species, malondialdehyde and hydroperoxide in cytosol and mitochondria of testis, which were accompanied by enhanced glutathione levels, elevated activities of glutathione-dependent enzymes and catalase suggesting a state of oxidative stress. Further, the activities of d-aspartate oxidase and 3β-hydroxy steroid dehydrogenase were elevated in the testis. The testis mitochondria of d-Asp-treated rats showed altered citric acid and complex enzyme activities, reduction in membrane potential, increased permeability and intracellular Ca2+ levels. Collectively, these findings suggest the potential of d-Asp to induce oxidative perturbations in the testis of prepubertal rats and this mechanism may in part be responsible for the observed physiological effects.


    ...so it might be bad, might not, but there doesn't seem to be any human studies.
    The Truth is, there is no Truth.
  5. Guest
    Guest's Avatar

    It also increases prolactin...

  6. Quote Originally Posted by USPLabs View Post
    It also increases prolactin...
    Eeeewwwww......
    The Truth is, there is no Truth.

  7. Yeah it is not a good idea to take large amounts of aspartic acid. Asp Acid actually activates the N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor (NMDA), which is a Glu receptor. The NMDA receptor is actually what is one of the problems in Alzheimer's disease. In Alzheimer's you have decreased cholinergic transmission and overexcited NMDA activation which causes something called excitotoxicity. I am not saying that you will develop Alzheimer's, that would be a bit naive , however, anything that causes excitotoxicity is not something worth using.

    It is also a player in migraines and is a trigger for a large number of people.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Athletix View Post
    Yeah it is not a good idea to take large amounts of aspartic acid. Asp Acid actually activates the N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor (NMDA), which is a Glu receptor. The NMDA receptor is actually what is one of the problems in Alzheimer's disease. In Alzheimer's you have decreased cholinergic transmission and overexcited NMDA activation which causes something called excitotoxicity. I am not saying that you will develop Alzheimer's, that would be a bit naive , however, anything that causes excitotoxicity is not something worth using.

    It is also a player in migraines and is a trigger for a large number of people.
    You can negate this with a supplement

  9. Quote Originally Posted by buffb2 View Post
    You can negate this with a supplement
    Negate what? A migraine? No. Negative.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by buffb2 View Post
    You can negate this with a supplement
    Yeah there are a few things to help with migraines such as the ergotamines and triptans but other than that there isn't much help. They aren't 100% successful either. Although he may not be having a migraine either could just be a typical tension headache, just depends on how it presents.

    Bottom line, removing the offending agent is of course the best thing to do.

  11. two companies are soon releasing products with d-aspartic acid.

    Muscle Warfare and anabolic xtreme.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by paulg View Post
    two companies are soon releasing products with d-aspartic acid.

    Muscle Warfare and anabolic xtreme.
    wow. what are they thinking?
    The Truth is, there is no Truth.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by bound View Post
    wow. what are they thinking?
    i believe they are thinking $ ...

  14. Quote Originally Posted by steam View Post
    i believe they are thinking $ ...

    I just can't believe they'd put this out without more research on it, this stuff could possibly be REALLY bad for you. damn.
    The Truth is, there is no Truth.

  15. The research is their. The issue is really how much. From what I read, it takes a much smaller amount then that to produce test increase. I believe muscle warefare goes over this in its write up.

  16. Muscle warefare is using 75mg of N-Methyl-D-Aspartate

    It is deemed 100 times more powerful at activating this receptor pathway than D-Aspartic Acid itself. Its effects are much similar to all of those listed for D-Aspartic Acid, yet highly more concentrated.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by bound View Post
    it's really really bad for you.

    let me find a link.....

    This is copy and pasted from another forum with a thread about it:

    d-Aspartic acid induced oxidative stress and mitochondrial dysfunctions in testis of prepubertal rats

    Abstract Previously we demonstrated the potential of d-aspartic acid (d-Asp), an acidic amino acid to induce oxidative response in prepubertal rat testis in vitro. In the present study, we determined the extent of oxidative stress in the testis of prepubertal rats that were administered d-Asp (100 and 500 mg/kg bw/d, i.p. 7 days). d-Asp treatment significantly elevated the levels of reactive oxygen species, malondialdehyde and hydroperoxide in cytosol and mitochondria of testis, which were accompanied by enhanced glutathione levels, elevated activities of glutathione-dependent enzymes and catalase suggesting a state of oxidative stress. Further, the activities of d-aspartate oxidase and 3β-hydroxy steroid dehydrogenase were elevated in the testis. The testis mitochondria of d-Asp-treated rats showed altered citric acid and complex enzyme activities, reduction in membrane potential, increased permeability and intracellular Ca2+ levels. Collectively, these findings suggest the potential of d-Asp to induce oxidative perturbations in the testis of prepubertal rats and this mechanism may in part be responsible for the observed physiological effects.


    ...so it might be bad, might not, but there doesn't seem to be any human studies.
    yikes at this and the prolactin....I guess we should stick to relying on our <5% Divinyl? :P

  18. Quote Originally Posted by zb126 View Post
    yikes at this and the prolactin....I guess we should stick to relying on our <5% Divinyl? :P
    I guess you're just screwed then! If you're a pre-pubertal rat (rats don't even have testosterone receptors by the way.)

    I don't like the thought of N-Methyl-DA either, but DAA looks alright. In fact, it's essential for healthy reproductive function in all mammals I've researched.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by zb126 View Post
    yikes at this and the prolactin....I guess we should stick to relying on our <5% Divinyl? :P
    Let me say this bro, Nutra's Divanex is better than any other form of divanil(divanex), secondly if something raises prolactin you combat it, I am more concerned with its toxicity. HGHup plus this sounds like fun, but there needs to be more research on its effects on health.
    doing my own thang!

  20. Quote Originally Posted by paulg View Post
    two companies are soon releasing products with d-aspartic acid.

    Muscle Warfare and anabolic xtreme.
    Which products?

  21. Testosterone Conversion Factor-1 is sodium D-aspartate which can raise total testosterone 42% in 12 days. We just released it yesterday, but it's on sale for 30% off for the next week, only $20.97.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Athletix View Post
    Yeah it is not a good idea to take large amounts of aspartic acid. Asp Acid actually activates the N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor (NMDA), which is a Glu receptor. The NMDA receptor is actually what is one of the problems in Alzheimer's disease. In Alzheimer's you have decreased cholinergic transmission and overexcited NMDA activation which causes something called excitotoxicity. I am not saying that you will develop Alzheimer's, that would be a bit naive , however, anything that causes excitotoxicity is not something worth using.

    It is also a player in migraines and is a trigger for a large number of people.
    This is only in large amounts correct? Eric said he drank a lot of our new Testosterone Conversion Factor-1 to get the flavoring right and said he ended up with a headache....but he drank a lot.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by WIULifter View Post
    This is only in large amounts correct? Eric said he drank a lot of our new Testosterone Conversion Factor-1 to get the flavoring right and said he ended up with a headache....but he drank a lot.
    i think he drank almost a full bottle

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo15 View Post
    i think he drank almost a full bottle
    lol Test levels now at 450%

  25. this is why the supplement industry gets a bad rap.....no testing...maybe all the big players can get together and do safety studies on some of these products before big bad government decides to protect us from ourselves and take them away

  26. I'll be following the PP TCF1 logs
    Athletic Xtreme Marketing Manager
    Athletic Xtreme at The Planet!
    Email Inquiries: Brandon@AthleticX.net

  27. i just picked up some TCF1 when i try it i will try to keep you guys posted.
    Athletic Xtreme Team REP
    http://www.AthleticX.net/
    AXHOLE BY NATURE

  28. Quote Originally Posted by flightposite View Post
    i just picked up some TCF1 when i try it i will try to keep you guys posted.
    nice man, cant wait to hear your feedback!

  29. Quote Originally Posted by majormass View Post
    this is why the supplement industry gets a bad rap.....no testing...maybe all the big players can get together and do safety studies on some of these products before big bad government decides to protect us from ourselves and take them away
    There was testing, that is what we are basing our recommendations on. The dose and duration of use we are suggesting is the exact dosing that was used in the tests that provided a 42% increase in total test.

  30. Looking forward to the feedback on this. Im picking up 2 bottles of this... Along with some other goodies as well.

  31. Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo15 View Post
    Testosterone Conversion Factor-1 is sodium D-aspartate which can raise total testosterone 42% in 12 days. We just released it yesterday, but it's on sale for 30% off for the next week, only $20.97.
    Tastes like grape candy...

  32. I've had solid results from 2.3g/day. (230lbs, 10mg per lb/day)

  33. Quote Originally Posted by DR.D View Post
    I've had solid results from 2.3g/day. (230lbs, 10mg per lb/day)
    with sodium d-aspartate or d-aspartic acid?

  34. Quote Originally Posted by DR.D View Post
    I've had solid results from 2.3g/day. (230lbs, 10mg per lb/day)
    4.55 mg / kg for true SI folks

  35. im interested but concerned about the toxity

  36. Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo15 View Post
    with sodium d-aspartate or d-aspartic acid?
    With d-Aspartic acid. If you're interested in salts or racemic forms, you must multiply to obtain the equivalence...

    d-Aspartic acid is the standard 1
    dl-Aspartic acid multiply by 2
    Sodium d-Aspartate multiply by 1.17
    Sodium dl-Aspartate multiply by 2.33

    DAA is the cleanest and most efficient of these IMO. The DL works fine (and so far about 75% of the stuff out there is DL from my testing of free acid samples) but the DL is notably more CNS active. So far I have not experienced any overt toxicity with any form, and no adverse cognitive effect at all with 2.3g DAA, but I would suggest caution of long-term use of the DL or use of N-Methyl-DAA.

  37. Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    4.55 mg / kg for true SI folks
    I'm so Americanized.


  38. looks good on humans not on rats.

    i unno but I think used in not extream amounts it could be great to add to the arsinal.

  39. Dr.D how did you like it, what kind of gains/benefits did you notice? Im ordering 2 bottles of Testosterone Conversion Factor-1, for PCT.

  40. Quote Originally Posted by andrew732 View Post
    Let me say this bro, Nutra's Divanex is better than any other form of divanil(divanex), secondly if something raises prolactin you combat it, I am more concerned with its toxicity. HGHup plus this sounds like fun, but there needs to be more research on its effects on health.
    Thanks but keep in mind this in theory WILL increase estrogen because SHBG binds both test and estrogens. It should combine well with I3C or SERM for estrogen control.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-22-2011, 10:43 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-25-2011, 01:11 AM
  3. D-aspartic Acid
    By DoubleMint in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-28-2010, 01:23 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-04-2010, 12:45 PM
  5. D-aspartic acid
    By zombiemuscle in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-26-2010, 11:30 AM
Log in
Log in