flax makes me blow chunks

H

hogiejoe

Banned
Awards
i there any way to mask the taste of flax oil. i puked after taking it one time and now i cant even stand the taste of just a little of it in my shakes. i really dont want to use the capsules but i guess i will if i have to. does anyone got any suggestions?

M

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I don't think flax oil should taste so pukish. I think its gone bad already. Flax oil should be refrigerated and even then it oxidises quickly. Stick to ground flax seed which keeps longer.

M

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Try to buy flax/fish oil which is nitrogen flushed otherwise you could possibly be buying rancid oil in the first place. I prefer fish oil or capsules.

L

Longdog

Awards
  • Established
I just got some gelcaps from Sam's, 200ct for around $7. 3 caps is about a tablespoon of flax oil. They seem to work fine. I cant take the oil straight, but it actually tastes good in shakes.

Or You could add ground flax seed to your shakes. It mixes well & adds fiber, not really any taste at all.

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
Whatever brand you're using, switch to Barlean's. I thought Flax Oil tasted bad until I started using Barlean's. Excellent nutty flavor and it is refridgerated from factory to store, and should be kept cold in whatever store you buy from.

H

hogiejoe

Banned
Awards
well the problem is that i dont live in the states and i order from the internet. it could take up to 10 days to get to me without refrigeration or anything, so it probably is bad. so even if i bought the capsules they would go bad too, right? i guess i am **** out of luck when it comes to getting some flax. damn that sucks, unless someone can give me some advice given my situation.

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
Could always try Hemp Oil. I've read it doesn't go rancid as fast as Flax Oil does.

S

smike319

Awards
Excellent nutty flavor and it is refridgerated from factory to store, and should be kept cold in whatever store you buy from.

To quote Austin Powers: It's a bit Nutty!

Yep that really makes it sound delicious. :)