Advice plz on Workout and Supplements

azzawor

Awards
Hi,

I'm relatively new to this forum and would very much appreciate it if I could get some advice from you guys :).

I'm 67KG (143lbs) about 166cm tall. I've been doing weights for about a 3-4years now but not seriously, about 2 times a week. Basically concentrating on my upper body, mostly arms. So to give you an idea I'm benching 70+kg and biceps are 17.5kg. The thing is that I still have allot of access body fat epically around my gut (stomach) area.

As I am on holidays at the moment I want step up my exercise level. I'm considering taking protein, creatine, and maybe some sort of fat metaboliser as meal replacements as I know I eat too much crap. I'm sort of thinking about doing weights 3 times a week Monday Wednesday and Friday, and doing sit-ups and punching a boxing bag, etc on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Keeping the weekends free.

During the week days I am thinking about using the protein, creatine as meal replacements and only eating normal meals on the weekends. I know this isn't ideal but I am only planning to do it for awhile to loose fat and gain muscle (sort of a like a detox), and then to a more healthy option e.g taking the supplements with a controlled diet.

Could I please get some advice on some the supplements I should take, and any other tips? Also so I get Whey Protein Blend or just the normal stuff? And how long should I wait after taking creatine before I start a weights session?

Thanks in advance for your help :).

Cheers for Australia!

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
Hi,

I'm relatively new to this forum and would very much appreciate it if I could get some advice from you guys :).

I'm 67KG (143lbs) about 166cm tall. I've been doing weights for about a 3-4years now but not seriously, about 2 times a week. Basically concentrating on my upper body, mostly arms. So to give you an idea I'm benching 70+kg and biceps are 17.5kg. The thing is that I still have allot of access body fat epically around my gut (stomach) area.

As I am on holidays at the moment I want step up my exercise level. I'm considering taking protein, creatine, and maybe some sort of fat metaboliser as meal replacements as I know I eat too much crap. I'm sort of thinking about doing weights 3 times a week Monday Wednesday and Friday, and doing sit-ups and punching a boxing bag, etc on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Keeping the weekends free.

During the week days I am thinking about using the protein, creatine as meal replacements and only eating normal meals on the weekends. I know this isn't ideal but I am only planning to do it for awhile to loose fat and gain muscle (sort of a like a detox), and then to a more healthy option e.g taking the supplements with a controlled diet.

Could I please get some advice on some the supplements I should take, and any other tips? Also so I get Whey Protein Blend or just the normal stuff? And how long should I wait after taking creatine before I start a weights session?

Thanks in advance for your help :).

Cheers for Australia!
ATW or Isopure Zero Carb would be ideal whey to use. Creatine monohydrate at 5g a day is sufficient. I would take creatine along with 2g of beta-alanine. What is your diet like? When you throw your punches at the bag, make sure to use all core to get the most out of your workout. When you lift weights, wait no more than 30 seconds in between sets.

danieltx13

Awards
  • Established
Work your legs, quit focusing just on your upper body.

SonicSWOLE

SonicSWOLE

Awards
  • Established
ATW or Isopure Zero Carb would be ideal whey to use. Creatine monohydrate at 5g a day is sufficient. I would take creatine along with 2g of beta-alanine. What is your diet like? When you throw your punches at the bag, make sure to use all core to get the most out of your workout. When you lift weights, wait no more than 30 seconds in between sets.

At 143lbs, you definitely need MORE than 30 seconds rest. Concentrate on WHOLE body workouts, no splits. You shouldn't be worrying about a cut for fat. You need to build up some real TOTAL body mass and fat-loss will happen as a result of accrueing LBM anyway. Focus on traing and proper diet...supps right now shouldn't really even be much concern until you get those 2 things cleaned up. Look at your kcals and macros, and keep your workout simple for now. Plenty of resources in the diet and workout sections, or feel free to pm with specific questions.:bigok:

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
if you do sit ups you will only exaggerate the fat around your gut as these muscles develop You cannot spot reduce fat and if you thought situps would do that , sadly you are mistaken

total body workout is the answer , concentrating on large muscle groups, back -deadlift, legs-squats, and chest- bench .All these exercises will add mass/muscle which will increase your metabolism
Ahigher metabolic rate will help to burn fat.

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
need to work the total package, skipping legs you are missing out on a lot of size and weight, sounds like at 143lbs you need to get your deit in check as well.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Look up Starting Strength by Mark Ripptoe!!!