when to take creatine

qwerty33

qwerty33

Awards
  • Established
should creatine be taken pre and post w.o 5g? also is it best to take it with carbs and or food or an on empty stomach.

Andy G

Andy G

Awards
It is a stored substance, really doesn't need to be pre loaded, and shouldn't matter when you ingest it. I use 5 gr e.d., 10 gr e.d. when I'm "on."

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
you can take it intra if you like. I mix it in with aminos

SonicSWOLE

SonicSWOLE

Awards
  • Established
should creatine be taken pre and post w.o 5g? also is it best to take it with carbs and or food or an on empty stomach.
I've been using creatine since '94-95 and it is easily one of the most effective supplements out there...if used correctly. There are, however, still some misconceptions out there about it. The most effective times are upon waking, pre and post(don't take intra, that's just silly). Take on empty stomach if you can handle it (don't take with meals though, post WO shakes are fine). There are facilitators (ala, carbs, etc)out there that you can research and find to enhance absorbtion..but not needed as long as you are taking enough(10-25g ed). For gaining purposes, post is the most effective dose. Loading is not an absolute, but I find it saturates your stores more quickly and provides better results overall.

qwerty33

qwerty33

Awards
  • Established
yea i hear grape juice is the prime. should i load?

simpleton

Banned
Awards
yea i hear grape juice is the prime. should i load?
Dude, in the time it took you to post these you could have spent 5 minutes searching and found your answer. I'll entertain you though since i'm at work and it's completely dead.

It doesn't matter. It is more or less personal preference. You can load, it helps me. 10g a day for 5-7 days then 5g a day after.

Before/after workout doesn't really matter either. You're going to get basically the same results regardless of your protocol. I just do both. 3g before and 3g after, works fine.

It's hard to screw up creatine. You're overthinking it. Just make sure you get your 5g in every day and on workout days take it either pre/post workout.

qwerty33

qwerty33

Awards
  • Established
ok you said 5 grams a day most rec 10. this is what im going to do 15 day 5-7 then 10 there after?

SonicSWOLE

SonicSWOLE

Awards
  • Established
ok you said 5 grams a day most rec 10. this is what im going to do 15 day 5-7 then 10 there after?

If you are 175lbs, I'd load with 25g broken into 5-6 dosed for 4 days, then 10-15g a day. On WO days, I'd do 5g@wake, 3gPre, 5-8gPost. On REST days, 5g@wake and 5g 8hrs later or so.

qwerty33

qwerty33

Awards
  • Established
sounds legit. is there any juice that is good to mix it with? thought grape would be the one but thats out

SonicSWOLE

SonicSWOLE

Awards
  • Established
sounds legit. is there any juice that is good to mix it with? thought grape would be the one but thats out

Personally, I use powdered drink mixes. Hawaiian punch and Crystal Light come in individual packets. If you want the sugar, you could make some Kool-Aid I suppose. If you had to go juice, peach and/or cherry would be best.

qwerty33

qwerty33

Awards
  • Established
k thanks so ill try to take it on empty stomach. its hard tho since i eat so often 3h

is this a legit brand and creatine
AllMax Nutrition Micronized Creatine

SonicSWOLE

SonicSWOLE

Awards
  • Established
k thanks so ill try to take it on empty stomach. its hard tho since i eat so often 3h

is this a legit brand and creatine
AllMax Nutrition Micronized Creatine
Micronized creatine monohydrate is good.

simpleton

Banned
Awards
*shrug* 5g a day works for me. 10g a day and i'll have horrible gastrointestinal problems. I'm a lean 165 and after the loading phase, 5g a day will cause me to bloat. Some guys need more, I guess it just saves me a couple bucks.

qwerty33

qwerty33

Awards
  • Established
you bloat on 5g? thats y everyone is different. its it impossible to appear learn with creatine bloat

SonicSWOLE

SonicSWOLE

Awards
  • Established
*shrug* 5g a day works for me. 10g a day and i'll have horrible gastrointestinal problems. I'm a lean 165 and after the loading phase, 5g a day will cause me to bloat. Some guys need more, I guess it just saves me a couple bucks.

AT 165, I'm sure you do just fine with 5g a day...the bloat can be averted, maybe look into micronized creatine or try taking it a few different ways. But again, 5g everyday isn't a bad cruise either.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I find that preworkout just gives me one more thig to digest during my workout. Post workout is great. Intra workout could be a bad idea, since your not supposed to leave creatine in a liquid solution(converts to creatinine).