Pre, Post, and worksout ingredients

TheCSWFighter

Awards
How does this sound for a pre, post and during workout ingredents to combine into a shake? If I can only find it in cap or tab form I will try to first extract the powder from the cap/tab after dissovling in distilled water but in case i get lazy they'll just be takin along with the shake.

Pre- Guaifenesin
Taurine
Glycine
AKG
Glycerol
R-ala

During- Protien
l-glutamine
BCAA's
Ribose
Complex carbs

Post- Creatine
L-Alanine
L-Arginine
Glycocyamine
Simple sugars

I already have some figures on the dosage of each i will use but i have to mess around with it some so it'll be low costly and still be effective. If you couldn;t tell the pre-workout is aimed at getting a great pump. Any suggestions on the ingredients, or dosages are welcome.

Last edited:

TheCSWFighter

Awards
would potassium citrate be considered a good addition to the pre?

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards

Pre- Guaifenesin
Taurine
Glycine
AKG
Glycerol
R-ala
Throw the taurine out....its said to mimick insulin in the body, but thats false.

During- Protien
l-glutamine
BCAA's
Ribose
Complex carbs

I couldnt imagine drinking a protein shake during my workout. Im in the gym for 45 minutes max and Id hope no one spends more than an hour in the gym, so I dont think replinishing protein and glycogen stores during a workout is needed. Not to mention you would have to drink it relvtively fast so you stay in a cardio mode, leading to an inevitable sickness feeling.

Post- Creatine
L-Alanine
L-Arginine
Glycocyamine
Simple sugars

I already have some figures on the dosage of each i will use but i have to mess around with it some so it'll be low costly and still be effective. If you couldn;t tell the pre-workout is aimed at getting a great pump. Any suggestions on the ingredients, or dosages are welcome.

I wouldnt try to get fancy. A pre workout shake should consist of 1/2 your body weight in grams of carbs, little or not protein and you can use creatine and the other special "tools" but call me old fashion, I work well with the old school card loading pre workout and post with protein added post workout. You said it yourself, thats going to be relatively expensive to do each day you train, especially with the r-ala in there. But if you plan to do this keep us updated.

TheCSWFighter

Awards
Yea I've just heard some good things about taurine in pre-workout i wasn't looking to use it for the supposid insulin mimicker. And true about the shake during i fealt the same way I was just putting it out there to test it out i have tryed that in the past and i have fealt sick to my stomach to. I am just going to try that blend see if it has ay added effects and probably trash the idea because the pre and post workout shake alone should be good enough. Thanks for the input. Article on taurine-http://www.tcd.ie/Biochemistry/JBloomfield.html

Sheesh

Awards
  • Established

Pre- Guaifenesin
Taurine
Glycine
AKG
Glycerol
R-ala

During- Protien
l-glutamine
BCAA's
Ribose
Complex carbs

Post- Creatine
L-Alanine
L-Arginine
Glycocyamine
Simple sugars

Sounds good... make sure to get enough carbs with that pre-workout shake before you go hypoglycemic during your work-out and you feel like ****. As for the post-workout, what kind of simple sugars are you looking at? I'd reccomend Glucose Polymers.

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
I'll go with YJ on this one..keep it simple....hell....I dont even do a pre-workout carb load..I only do a post workout protein/carb deal...oh well thats just me.

I'd recommend glocose polymers

AKA maltodextrin ;)

LG. :cool: