Alli for weight loss

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
Anyone ever use alli for weight loss? I hear the sides are unpleasant but I always hear stories 3rd hand. It would seem a high protein, high fat, low carb diet would work well with alli. However, I've seen recommendations to not consume more than 15g fat per meal.

rottie76

Awards
  • Established
Yes, it gave me the runs....PM me if you'd like to know the details as some of it is too graphic to post here....in any case, you'll virtually have to eliminate all fat from your diet if you don't want to end up changing your underwear every hour.

tim1985

tim1985

Awards
  • Established
Anyone ever use alli for weight loss? I hear the sides are unpleasant but I always hear stories 3rd hand. It would seem a high protein, high fat, low carb diet would work well with alli. However, I've seen recommendations to not consume more than 15g fat per meal.
A high fat diet would be retarded on Ali, it blocks fat.... and then it sends it straight out your back-end. My sister used that stuff and she had some pretty nasty(but hilarious) experiences, she also became very malnourished and weak.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
interesting. Well.... sounds like it works in terms of blocking fat absorption. Unfortunate side effect tho.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I dunno I guess whenever I have cut weight healthy fats have been my friend. Seems to me like cutting carbs out of the diet would work better and probably be healthier.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
could be a good tool if you wanna clean out though. lol, and it's fda approved!

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
A high fat diet would be retarded on Ali, it blocks fat.... and then it sends it straight out your back-end. My sister used that stuff and she had some pretty nasty(but hilarious) experiences, she also became very malnourished and weak.
A fat blocker on a low fat diet sounds retarded to me actually. You need some fat, hence why your sister became malnourished. A fat blocker on a high fat diet would allow a portion of the fat thru (enough) and block the rest. That being said, I'm too young for adult diapers.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
I dunno I guess whenever I have cut weight healthy fats have been my friend. Seems to me like cutting carbs out of the diet would work better and probably be healthier.
I'm actually 11 days into keto. Its just..... well.... i ate like 1/4 lb. of bacon this morning. It was a fleeting thought that perhaps a fat blocker with meals like that would provide all the benefit of the carb-free, high protein experience and some of the fat would be blocked.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
stick with keto diet.. I think Alli is more for way overweight people. It causes oily discharge from your anus and when you crap you crap like pure fat, but its your consmed fat not necesarilly body fat. (at least thats my understanding of the product) Get yourself some recreate or apido or some sort of fat burner.. invest in some CLA and sesamin oil and stick with the keto diet. Fat will fall off I promise ;)

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm actually 11 days into keto. Its just..... well.... i ate like 1/4 lb. of bacon this morning. It was a fleeting thought that perhaps a fat blocker with meals like that would provide all the benefit of the carb-free, high protein experience and some of the fat would be blocked.
you have to understand that on a keto diet you NEED to consume fat in your diet. If your going low carb, low fat, high protein I think thats called something else.. but for most keto diets at least 40% of your diet NEEDS to be fat for your body to make that metabolic shift. If you blocking fat absorption you wont get that percent and may hinder your diet progress

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Carnitine.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
you have to understand that on a keto diet you NEED to consume fat in your diet. If your going low carb, low fat, high protein I think thats called something else.. but for most keto diets at least 40% of your diet NEEDS to be fat for your body to make that metabolic shift. If you blocking fat absorption you wont get that percent and may hinder your diet progress
Thanks for the comment bro. I'm on 6000mg CLA ED right now (2000mg 20min before each meal). If I didn't get enough fat wouldn't my body breakdown my bf and use that as energy?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for the comment bro. I'm on 6000mg CLA ED right now (2000mg 20min before each meal). If I didn't get enough fat wouldn't my body breakdown my bf and use that as energy?
nope.. you need to eat fat to burn fat. I would suggest you do a google seach and either download or buy the anabolic diet ebook or lyle mcdonald CKD ebook.. You should understand your diet before you take it on.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes, it gave me the runs....PM me if you'd like to know the details as some of it is too graphic to post here....in any case, you'll virtually have to eliminate all fat from your diet if you don't want to end up changing your underwear every hour.
Ali said even the greatest gotta suffer sometimes. :lol: