Product to FALL asleep

afboy143

afboy143

Awards
Hey All,
Ive read up and take all the supplements to help sleep (Powerfull, melatonin, GABA, ect) but is there a proven supplement to actually fall asleep? I work and go to school full time so I work out at night. I need something to help me sleep and be able to wake up the next day non drowsy. Benadryl leaves me woozie the next morning. Any suggestions? Im able to get 8 hours of sleep in, but I need something that will knock me out. Any help is appreciated!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
what are you taking now?

I have taken x-dreams by IBE before and it worked great but thought it was a little pricey. I have tried ZMA too band it helps but leaves me groggy when I wake up. I went to the local health store and picked up a bottle of valerian root, and a bottle of a product they carried called nite-rest which contains melatonin and GABA. I take 2 of each and 50mg of zinc and a magneisum tablet. Gets the job done for me!!

If your looking for a product I would look into HGHup.. there has een a couple recent logs on them and the users seem to have a increased quality of sleep

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
have you looked into slumber stack by PP? it's good stuff man

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
dont know if you can buy this in the States , but i use Ovaltine or Horlicks made with hot milk/Quite simple and effective remedy ,

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
melatonin is dirt cheap, effective, and has been proven through many studies. melatonin is a super strong antioxident, a potent anti carcinogen, and your body makes it.

you also can take as much as you want without getting negative side effects.

if 3mgs doesn't work, take 6, or 9, or 21. I know someone who takes 16mg every night for the benefits it offers, and has no issues. he is on this board consistently.

I never wake up drowsy even when I had taken 4 before (everyone is different try it yourself)

for a 100 3mg pills off of nutra for just 2.99 you can't beat it. by optimum nutrition. it's also in their top 50 products.

seriously go ahead and give it a try, worst case, and I mean worst case, you are out just three dollars. a fair risk for being able to gain so much.

shouldn't you try the inexpensive before going to the 20,30,40 + products?

SonicSWOLE

SonicSWOLE

Awards
  • Established
melatonin is dirt cheap, effective, and has been proven through many studies. melatonin is a super strong antioxident, a potent anti carcinogen, and your body makes it.

you also can take as much as you want without getting negative side effects.

if 3mgs doesn't work, take 6, or 9, or 21. I know someone who takes 16mg every night for the benefits it offers, and has no issues. he is on this board consistently.

I never wake up drowsy even when I had taken 4 before (everyone is different try it yourself)

for a 100 3mg pills off of nutra for just 2.99 you can't beat it. by optimum nutrition. it's also in their top 50 products.

seriously go ahead and give it a try, worst case, and I mean worst case, you are out just three dollars. a fair risk for being able to gain so much.

shouldn't you try the inexpensive before going to the 20,30,40 + products?

This is bad advice. Melatonin is a good sleep aid. No more than 3mg is needed, 1 mg should be suffice. Melatonin has a whole range of benefits, but it is a HORMONE and needs to be treated as such. Cycling is imperitive for many reasons.

afboy143

afboy143

Awards
I have tryed

Nocturnobal
Melatonin
Gaba
Valerian Root
ZMA
REduction PM

Nothing really seems to work for me as far as knocking me out. JudoJosh- I will look into this product and let you know what I think! JN230- If PP = Primordial then ill def look into them. Ive used their 1-T and Sustain and loved that stuff!

I hate not getting a good nights rest especially when I have work and school early the next day!

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
I have tryed

Nocturnobal
Melatonin
Gaba
Valerian Root
ZMA
REduction PM

Nothing really seems to work for me as far as knocking me out. JudoJosh- I will look into this product and let you know what I think! JN230- If PP = Primordial then ill def look into them. Ive used their 1-T and Sustain and loved that stuff!

I hate not getting a good nights rest especially when I have work and school early the next day!
Hot bath before you go tobed ,soak in it for 30 mins or so, sprinkle some lavender oil on the pillow and drink your Ovaltine/Horlicks

Make sure the beds warm , switch off all electrical equipment you have in the bedroom-none on standby.Dont do any work prior to bed which stimulates the brain, the body should be winding down prior to bed, no food no alcohol .

see how that goes.

rxp1997

rxp1997

Awards
  • Established
only thing that knocked me out (instead of just helping along) was somnidren gh sublingually

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Holy cow awesome price might have grab a few bottles do these count towards the skull cap?

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I best thing that would make me fall asleep fast was 2 Carboxys(USPowders) and a scoop of Bullet Proof((MusclePharm)

DirtiHadat

Awards
only thing that knocked me out (instead of just helping along) was somnidren gh sublingually
Just my 2 cent's, somnidren gh help me immensely. I wake up at about 4:00am then go to work anywhere from a 8-10hr day with a 45 minute commute each way. When I get to the gym I'm on the downslope. I use NOxplode to get me through the workout, the problem is the total time from workout to bed is max 3.5-4 hours so I'm still jacked from my workout and the caffiene in the NO. Somnidren wipes that all out. You sleep hard and wake up refreshed. There's even times when I have to get up to have a casien shake and I have no problem falling out when I hit the bed again. This stuff works, I don't have any of the groggy feeling the next morning. Now I have notice if I only get 6 hours of sleep as oppose to 7 hour or more you feel a bit sluggish not groggy more heavy footed but that tends to wear off quickly in the early part of the morning. hope this helps out :yawn:

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If reduction pm didn't work, try somnidren.

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have tryed

Nocturnobal
Melatonin
Gaba
Valerian Root
ZMA
REduction PM

ya i meant Primordial Performance, my bad bro, ya look into it:trink26:

andro69

andro69

Awards
  • Established
Ive been taking GABA at 1500mg and it helps pretty good and gives some clear vivid crazy dreams. I love this stuff.

Greek Elite

Greek Elite

Awards
Reduction PM is great for getting you in a relaxed state to fall asleep more easily. Doesn't "knock you out" but definitely helps me relax and ready for sleep. Plus quality of sleep is better too.

CONTROLLED LABS

CONTROLLED LABS

PROnom 23.... NOM NOM NOM
Awards
  • Established
Reduction PM is great for getting you in a relaxed state to fall asleep more easily. Doesn't "knock you out" but definitely helps me relax and ready for sleep. Plus quality of sleep is better too.
yup, sleep is very important for fat loss

afboy143

afboy143

Awards
Update 11/25/09
Last night I took 2 750mg pills of GABA as stated by andro69. No noticable effects as far as better sleep or helping to get to sleep fall. Felt the same as normal

I will update this thread again probably on Monday. I have a feeling I will be drinking a lot in the upcoming days hence I wont need anything to help sleep :p

I plan on trying my reduction PM again. I will start with 2 this time and see how it goes. One product that Ive seen out there is SleepMD. Anyone have experience with this?

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
must remember GABA is a case by case supplement, works on some and not at all on others

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
sleepMD is ok, but over priced, look into that slumber stack man, the tea is great for winter,

Blutarski

Blutarski

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
For me melatonin make me sleepy but groggy when I wake, ZMA I sleep less but feel more refreshed and not groggy when waking. As you can see by the comments everyone seems to react differently to certain things. I'd try ZMA when having to wake early and when you have alot of time to sleep 3mg of melatonin works great. I never take melatonin more than 2 times a week as it can have some side effects. Good luck.

gymbo123

Awards
Hot bath before you go tobed ,soak in it for 30 mins or so, sprinkle some lavender oil on the pillow and drink your Ovaltine/Horlicks

Make sure the beds warm , switch off all electrical equipment you have in the bedroom-none on standby.Dont do any work prior to bed which stimulates the brain, the body should be winding down prior to bed, no food no alcohol .

see how that goes.
Don't forget to take your Midol and switch out your tampons!! :nutkick:

afboy143

afboy143

Awards
Thanks for the comments guys. I have melatonin but its pretty old so I might stop at wal greens and get more since its so cheap. Ill let everyone know how that goes.

As far as the slumber stack- I read on PP's site that its like a tea and some incense correct? How long does a $20 buy last for?

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
All u need is melatonin, gaba, and 1-carboxy...

Swoldierboy

Awards
  • Established
i have been taking melatonin and ZMA and that as worked amazing for me. i always fall asleep quick with the mela then the ZMA lets me reach my REM stage of sleep and i wake up, even with 6 hrs of sleep, alert and with full energy

Swoldierboy

Awards
  • Established
also, a glass of wine will do it or a lil mary jane haha

purebred

2.5mg of sublingual peppermint flavored melatonin has been working great for me. sometimes i take 1.25mg and it gets the job done. i've heard great things about GABA and Tryptophan. Might be worth a try.

BrianMcGinnis

Awards
Read a couple logs that got great sleep from LG's GHenerate, HGHup or any other product with L-Dopa might work for you too. GL.