Testofen or Nettle Extract (Divan)

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. PESCIENCE.com
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.38%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Testofen or Nettle Extract (Divan)

Ok I haven't been paying attention. Which does everyone like better for test boost?
    Amino-IV - Not Your Average Amino
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.92%
    Achievements Posting Pro

i know testofen boosts test but i get much more from it from libido to sleep to load size to hardning and a leaing effect and it ups my aggression as well, i have never run stight dinivill but i have run massfx and got a good pump and ok gains but it seemd to lose effect bulk testofen never lost effects while i took it for 6 months
  3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.16%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Both is best if you ask me, ever since I first started using Divanil I was wondering why people were not putting this together with a decent natural test booster. I don't like Trib Terr. so I had to find something that worked for me and Testofen seemed to do the trick, now AI comes out with Testopro, I think "this is what I want to try". I have not tried it yet personally but will soon. The reviews are very good so I expect good things.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.74%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

straight fenugreek also has a negative effect on thyroid hormones as i have read. but i havent found any literature saying whether the same is true with specific extracts from it like testofen, 4-oh, grecunin, trigimanose.
  5. Banned
    Stats
    5'5"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58%

So where would we buy bulk testofen?
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.92%

here is an attachment from another forum

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attach...1&d=1214440418

300mg dose 2x a day

skin fold measurements were down, BMI stayerd the same, Free test levels raised 200%, blood urea nitrogen levels down 2.66pt

covered many blood markers but not thyroid function.
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.92%
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.92%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by sanchezgreg18 View Post
    straight fenugreek also has a negative effect on thyroid hormones as i have read. but i havent found any literature saying whether the same is true with specific extracts from it like testofen, 4-oh, grecunin, trigimanose.
    Quote Originally Posted by testosteronet View Post
    Well, I kind of stay away from fenugreek because I don't want an increase of prolactin...supposedly it raises prolactin...
    both ar bullsh1t, ther are plenty of threads on here with ppl crying cuz they heard that it makes u lactate, testofen is a potant extract of the fenugreek seed, but fenugreek it self has differnt actions in wemens body thatn mens. if it made u lactate or mesd with yer thyroid u have serious underlying issues
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.92%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by bigmoe65 View Post
    So where would we buy bulk testofen?
    idk but custom capsule u can get a good deal on 300ct 500mg pills for about 50$
  10. PESCIENCE.com
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.38%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysgaining View Post
    idk but custom capsule u can get a good deal on 300ct 500mg pills for about 50$
    Primordial sells Phytotest capsules that get good reviews
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.92%

ya and phytotest also has Methoxy at a high dosage! ive heard great thing, hope to run it when i get back after my shoulder heals
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.92%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster View Post
    Primordial sells Phytotest capsules that get good reviews
    yeah that is one supp ive always heard great things about and wantd to try for ever!
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.74%

what sucks is they had a blowout sale for 24 bucks abottle like last week and i missed out i had it in my cart and when i came back it was oos
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.74%

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysgaining View Post
    both ar bullsh1t, ther are plenty of threads on here with ppl crying cuz they heard that it makes u lactate, testofen is a potant extract of the fenugreek seed, but fenugreek it self has differnt actions in wemens body thatn mens. if it made u lactate or mesd with yer thyroid u have serious underlying issues
    so what i said was bull****? i never said that testofen extracts have the same effect on t4 and t3 i only said that was true about full spectrum fenugreek that is not extracted for the testofen or other ext i mentioned.

INHIBITION OF TRIIODOTHYRONINE PRODUCTION BY FENUGREEK SEED EXTRACT IN MICE AND RATS*1

SUNANDA PANDA, PANKAJ TAHILIANI and ANAND KAR

Thyroid Research Unit, School of Life Sciences, Vigyan Bhawan, D.A. University, Khandwa Road, Indore, 452 017, India

Available online 26 March 2002.

Abstract

The effects of fenugreek seed extract on the alterations in serum thyroid hormone concentrations were studied in adult male mice and rats. Simultaneously, hepatic lipid peroxidation (LPO) and the activities of the antioxidant enzymes, viz superoxide dismutase (SOD) and catalase (CAT) were examined. Administration of methi seed extract (0.11 g kg body wt.−1day−1for 15 days) to both mice and rats significantly decreases serum triiodothyronine (T3) concentration and T3/T4ratio, but increases thyroxine (T4) levels and body weight. While hepatic LPO and CAT activities were not altered, a significant decrease in SOD activity was observed in both the animal models. These findings suggest that fenugreek seed extract induced inhibition in T4to T3conversion is not peroxidation-mediated and the inhibition in SOD activity could be the result of a decrease in the protein anabolic hormone, T3.pc

The combined effects of Trigonella foenum-graecum and Allium sativum extracts were evaluated for their ameliorative potential in the L-thyroxine-induced hyperthyroidic rat model to contribute to an understanding of interaction between the two extracts. The investigation was carried out using two different doses. A comparison was made with the response of individual plant extracts at the previously studied effective dose in adult Wistar rats rendered hyperthyroidic by daily injections of L-thyroxine (300 microg/kg body wt., s.c.). Propylthiouracil (PTU), an antithyroid drug, was used as a reference compound. Alterations in serum triiodothyronine (T3), thyroxine (T4), glucose, hepatic glucose-6-phosphatase (G-6-Pase) and oxygen consumption were studied as end parameters. Superoxide dismutase (SOD), catalase (CAT) activities, lipid peroxidation (LPO) and reduced glutathione (GSH) were examined to reveal any toxic effects of the drugs. The combined effects of Trigonella and Allium at 200 and 500 mg/kg body wt. respectively, were equipotent as compared to the individual extracts in lowering the serum concentrations of T3 and T4 in hyperthyroidic rats. Our findings reveal that some plant extracts in combination may not always prove to be synergistic. It is therefore suggested that Trigonella foenum-graecum and Allium sativum extracts may be used individually and not together in the regulation of hyperthyroidism.
  15. Primordial Performance Rep
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.44%

Testofen is great, i'll be posting up some info on it later
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.92%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by sanchezgreg18 View Post
    so what i said was bull****? i never said that testofen extracts have the same effect on t4 and t3 i only said that was true about full spectrum fenugreek that is not extracted for the testofen or other ext i mentioned.

INHIBITION OF TRIIODOTHYRONINE PRODUCTION BY FENUGREEK SEED EXTRACT IN MICE AND RATS*1

SUNANDA PANDA, PANKAJ TAHILIANI and ANAND KAR

Thyroid Research Unit, School of Life Sciences, Vigyan Bhawan, D.A. University, Khandwa Road, Indore, 452 017, India

Available online 26 March 2002.

Abstract

The effects of fenugreek seed extract on the alterations in serum thyroid hormone concentrations were studied in adult male mice and rats. Simultaneously, hepatic lipid peroxidation (LPO) and the activities of the antioxidant enzymes, viz superoxide dismutase (SOD) and catalase (CAT) were examined. Administration of methi seed extract (0.11 g kg body wt.−1day−1for 15 days) to both mice and rats significantly decreases serum triiodothyronine (T3) concentration and T3/T4ratio, but increases thyroxine (T4) levels and body weight. While hepatic LPO and CAT activities were not altered, a significant decrease in SOD activity was observed in both the animal models. These findings suggest that fenugreek seed extract induced inhibition in T4to T3conversion is not peroxidation-mediated and the inhibition in SOD activity could be the result of a decrease in the protein anabolic hormone, T3.pc

The combined effects of Trigonella foenum-graecum and Allium sativum extracts were evaluated for their ameliorative potential in the L-thyroxine-induced hyperthyroidic rat model to contribute to an understanding of interaction between the two extracts. The investigation was carried out using two different doses. A comparison was made with the response of individual plant extracts at the previously studied effective dose in adult Wistar rats rendered hyperthyroidic by daily injections of L-thyroxine (300 microg/kg body wt., s.c.). Propylthiouracil (PTU), an antithyroid drug, was used as a reference compound. Alterations in serum triiodothyronine (T3), thyroxine (T4), glucose, hepatic glucose-6-phosphatase (G-6-Pase) and oxygen consumption were studied as end parameters. Superoxide dismutase (SOD), catalase (CAT) activities, lipid peroxidation (LPO) and reduced glutathione (GSH) were examined to reveal any toxic effects of the drugs. The combined effects of Trigonella and Allium at 200 and 500 mg/kg body wt. respectively, were equipotent as compared to the individual extracts in lowering the serum concentrations of T3 and T4 in hyperthyroidic rats. Our findings reveal that some plant extracts in combination may not always prove to be synergistic. It is therefore suggested that Trigonella foenum-graecum and Allium sativum extracts may be used individually and not together in the regulation of hyperthyroidism.

again this is in rats and its talkin about a certain extract Trigonella and Allium at 200 and 500 mg/kg not just regular fenugreek that ud buy from now foods for example, i wuld tk that study with a grain of salt.
    so for 80kg thatd be 40000mg and 16000mg of these specif extract, i would never try to even take 40g of fenugreek or 16g let alone of those extracts
  17. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.66%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

TestoPRO contains both testofen and Divanil.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition
  18. PESCIENCE.com
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.38%

Quote Originally Posted by pembroke3355 View Post
    Yea but the dose of Divan is...low...

600mg prop blend, 1200mg a day is what you need to take of Divan, and your whole prop blend is 1200mg, and quercetin is in there, which is cheap and needs to be taken at 500-1000mg a day. Idk...just analyzing.

I agree its a good formula I just find it hard to pimp the divan
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
  19. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.59%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Wonder where that formula came from.
    The Historic PES Legend
  20. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.66%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Clarify the question and I will try to answer it.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
  21. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.66%

600mg prop blend, 1200mg a day is what you need to take of Divan, and your whole prop blend is 1200mg, and quercetin is in there, which is cheap and needs to be taken at 500-1000mg a day. Idk...just analyzing.

Results have been good from the product. I was just stating that it contained both.
  22. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.59%

Clarify the question and I will try to answer it.
    No reason to answer.. I just know where the formula came from.
    The Historic PES Legend
  23. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.69%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

I think the synergy between the prop blend ingredients is being underestimated in this statement. Reviews have been stellar. Comparable or better than the OG AX by DS.

The R & D group that is currently shacked up in the CrowlerCave.
  24. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.66%

No reason to answer.. I just know where the formula came from.
    Why bring it up then?
  25. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.59%

Why bring it up then?
    Just irritated at some people in the industry, actually not even directed at AI.
    The Historic PES Legend
  26. PESCIENCE.com
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.38%

Results have been good from the product. I was just stating that it contained both.
    Yea lots of good feedback indeed
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
  27. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.16%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Kristofer68SS View Post
    I think the synergy between the prop blend ingredients is being underestimated in this statement. Reviews have been stellar. Comparable or better than the OG AX by DS.

Yah this is what I was thinking as well. It seems to work quite well.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  28. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.66%

Just irritated at some people in the industry, actually not even directed at AI.
    Cheer up bro the holiday season is with us.
  29. PESCIENCE.com
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.38%

It's not even cold here
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
  30. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.69%

Yes, be thankful for all we have......

We could be scrounging for pond water and food just to stay alive.

Life is good.
  31. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.66%

It's not even cold here
    Where are you located? It is cold in Mass.
  32. PESCIENCE.com
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.38%

La Florida. I started sweating checking my mail today. Wearing shorts and a T shirt
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
  33. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.69%

La Florida. I started sweating checking my mail today. Wearing shorts and a T shirt
    bastard
  34. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.66%

Argggggggggggggggggggggggggg want to switch
  35. Team Anabolic
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.12%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Its not low. Its where we wanted it.

Divanil doesnt really need to be taken at doses THAT high to get effects, especially coupled with a full dose of Testofen, which already boosts free testosterone.

There is no reason to include a full dose of Testofen and Divanil in the same product, for a few reasons. The main being once it hit retailers it would be expensive, second, it would be extraneous. You just dont need a full dose of both for it to be effective.

36. PESCIENCE.com
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.38%

Quote Originally Posted by UNCnate View Post
    Its not low. Its where we wanted it.

Divanil doesnt really need to be taken at doses THAT high to get effects, especially coupled with a full dose of Testofen, which already boosts free testosterone.

There is no reason to include a full dose of Testofen and Divanil in the same product, for a few reasons. The main being once it hit retailers it would be expensive, second, it would be extraneous. You just dont need a full dose of both for it to be effective.
    They undergo completely different mechanisms in the body, though. The studies done on the Divan show a pretty high dose is needed. I said that the product has gotten good reviews, and we moved on. But if you want to try to get defensive I will by all means prove you wrong and let it be heard
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
  37. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.66%

They undergo completely different mechanisms in the body, though. The studies done on the Divan show a pretty high dose is needed. I said that the product has gotten good reviews, and we moved on. But if you want to try to get defensive I will by all means prove you wrong and let it be heard
    No need to we had moved on this will be the last of the dosage talk as we are both right.
  38. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.3%

I would recommend caution when using fenugreek. I added NOW brand fenugreek to a natty stack last fall and about three weeks later I developed a hard knot under my right nipple. I'm almost certain it was the fenugreek. I have used PP's PhytoTest in the past without issue, also without any net gains.
  39. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.69%

Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    I would recommend caution when using fenugreek. I added NOW brand fenugreek to a natty stack last fall and about three weeks later I developed a hard knot under my right nipple. I'm almost certain it was the fenugreek. I have used PP's PhytoTest in the past without issue, also without any net gains.
    How much were you taking, ED?

Define "natty stack" please.

Prior 3 months of supps usage to "gyno stack" as well.

Please and thank you.
  40. PESCIENCE.com
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.38%

Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    Same happened to me a while back.

Personally, comparing TestoPro to PhytoTest, I like the phytotest better because it offers more Testofen and a real dose of Methoxy. No prop blend hidden crap.

I just find it weird that the TestoPro shows the testofen dosage, but then hides everything else, you know? Why hide some of it? It could be all quercetin for all I know, which in that case, all that I am getting anabolic effects from is Testofen, at a lower dose that the Phyto.
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend

Similar Forum Threads

1. 95% Nettle Root Extract - Dose per day?
    By ozarkaBRAND in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-23-2008, 10:18 AM
  2. Anabolic Nettle Root Extract
    By SweetDaddyPatty in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-21-2007, 10:21 PM
  3. Nettle root extract / Activate
    By BradCowin in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-26-2006, 01:10 AM
  4. IDS Testofen-x (fenotesten extract)