NeuroFlow by SANN

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.35%

NeuroFlow by SANN

I just got some NeuroFlow for my Mom as a birthday present. She just tured 48 and says she is having trouble focusing and remembering things at work. If anyone is interested I will post feedback on it. Here is a cut/paste of the product desciption:

Neuroflow™ is the most complete Nootropic (mind/memory enhancing) formula ever to be marketed without a prescription. One of the main constituents (Huperzine A) found in Neuroflow™ specifically inhibit acetylcholine esterase from its deactivation therefore increasing overall content of this important neurotransmitter in the brain. Choline Bitartrate was added for its ability to increase the natural production of Acetylcholine, coupled with Vinpocetine (a very powerful compound that mediates ATP turnover, glucose metabolism and increased protein biosynthesis) and Piracetam (a very important memory and cognitive enhancer) representing a formula that is unrivaled in the market place. Use Neuroflow on your next exam, or simply for tuning into the mind-muscle connection.

Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size: 3 Capsules
    Servings Per Container: 30 Amount
    Per Serving % Daily Value*
    Choline Bitartrate 700 mg
    Piracetam 500 mg
    Vinpocetine 10 mg
    Huperzine A 100 mcg
    *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.06%

Odd there is no gynseng in it. Hmm I guess the other stuff can help make up for it.
  3. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.1%

There was a thread about Piracetam being illegal in the US over on BB.com....

As for the results it'd make an interesting read, so post if you can....

~Sheesh
    •   

Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.44%
    Achievements Activity Pro

Wink

Ah, another product seemingly too good to be true..... leave it to Sann...
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.35%

Originally posted by YellowJacket
    Ah, another product seemingly too good to be true..... leave it to Sann...
    Yeah, I'm hoping it's half as good as they say it is.

I am going to try it also. Yesterday I fell asleep in stats class. I swear I have ADD sometimes. If someone isn't talking about bodybuilding or sex, I tune out into AAS land.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.44%
    Achievements Activity Pro

Originally posted by DevilSmack
    Yeah, I'm hoping it's half as good as they say it is.

I am going to try it also. Yesterday I fell asleep in stats class. I swear I have ADD sometimes. If someone isn't talking about bodybuilding or sex, I tune out into AAS land.
    Thats call "testosterone"

Let us know how it goes, you'd be a *huge* help if you could start a thread and just update it maybe once a week on what you think....that'd be clutch...
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.35%

No problem. It will most likely take the better of three weeks to notice anything with this type of supp. I will post again on the topic in 2 weeks anyway, just to keep the thread bumped.
  8. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.1%

No problem. It will most likely take the better of three weeks to notice anything with this type of supp. I will post again on the topic in 2 weeks anyway, just to keep the thread bumped.
    Awesome
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.74%

Don't feel bad about falling asleep in statistics. I mean, how much more boring could something be?
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.35%

Originally posted by pogue
    Don't feel bad about falling asleep in statistics. I mean, how much more boring could something be?
    Yes, it is boring, but I need to pay attention because I suck at math and I need to get thru this class. The teacher is pretty good, she is not really boring and tries her best to make the class less painful. I need to really learn the material because I'm going to be a psychologist.

I have a real problem w/ being tired all day long and then not sleeping very well at night. When I get up in the morning I feel like I have just come out of a month long coma. I can't focus on my studies either. As soon as I sit down to try and figure out my stats homework, I start day dreaming. It's not productive at all. I am hoping that the Neuro-Flow with help me out w/ this.

I will keep you all posted. -DS
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.35%

Up-date

Okay, it's only been 5 days but I'll give an up-date. The stuff is kinda like a drug like caffeine or alcohol, i.e. you take it and get an effect an hour latter. Not like an anti-depressant that you would have to take for four weeks for it to kick in. I have noticed a very small increace in focus and energy an hour after I take it. Problem is that it only lasts about an hour and a half, and it's nothing to brag about.

I also have had a weird side-effect, the stuff makes your feet and hands break out into a cold sweat. My mom has also reported this side-effect.

I will post on this again in a week or so. -DS
  12. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.1%

Re: Up-date

Okay, it's only been 5 days but I'll give an up-date. The stuff is kinda like a drug like caffeine or alcohol, i.e. you take it and get an effect an hour latter. Not like an anti-depressant that you would have to take for four weeks for it to kick in. I have noticed a very small increace in focus and energy an hour after I take it. Problem is that it only lasts about an hour and a half, and it's nothing to brag about.

I also have had a weird side-effect, the stuff makes your feet and hands break out into a cold sweat. My mom has also reported this side-effect.

I will post on this again in a week or so. -DS
    Thanks for the follow-up DS...
  13. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.38%

The problem with this supplement is that the Piractam(sp?) is way underdosed. You need to take about 3 times the recommended dosage to see any real effect but I don't know if that would be too much of the other things in this supplement.
  14. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.35%

Piracetam

Sir Foxx, I was doing some research in Piracetam and yes, I seen that you can take 3 times the amount in Neuroflow. Also in the studies on Huperzine A, subjects took twice the amount in Neroflow. Though it says to take 3 caps on the bottle, it also says not to exceed 6 in any 24 hour period. So you could double the dose. I tried doing 3 caps in the AM and 1 cap in the late afternoon and I got a headache each time.

Here is an article on Huperzine-A that I dug up:

Huperzine A: Brain Booster
    Research in China Shows Benefits in Adolescents As Well As Alzheimer's Patients
    by Will Block to order

Take acetylcholinesterase - please. It's one of the more unloved substances in the human body, because it acts as a kind of molecular butcher, cleaving other molecules in half with grim efficiency. But at least it's highly selective, always seeking and destroying only the acetylcholine molecule, which it splits into acetate and choline. Such specificity is characteristic of all enzymes - proteins that are designed to carry out just one task, through their catalytic activity.

Acetylcholine, as most readers probably know, is a versatile neurotransmitter, a messenger molecule that acts throughout the central and peripheral nervous systems to mediate a host of vital functions, including many related to cognition and memory. It is a molecule devoutly to be desired in ample quantities, not only so we can keep all our marbles, but so they can stay bright and shiny for the endlessly varied game of life.

WHEN GOOD MOLECULES GO BAD, AND VICE VERSA
    Why then, did Mother Nature unleash an enzymatic assassin to keep cutting the poor acetylcholine molecules in half? Because - and this is as true of biomolecules as anything else - too much of a good thing is a bad thing (think glucose and diabetes, e.g.). There must always be checks and balances and feedback mechanisms to ensure that there is just enough of what we need, neither too little nor too much. And so there are "good" molecules that we need for optimal health, and "bad" molecules (which aren't really bad, because they serve a necessary purpose) that keep the good ones from creating havoc through overabundance.

Furthermore, in a chemical analogue to military electronic countermeasures technology, there is a second tier of "good" molecules that serve to jam the actions of the bad ones, when necessary, by inhibiting their ability to perform their assigned functions. One such is huperzine A, an acetylcholinesterase inhibitor - bad for acetylcholinesterase and therefore good for acetylcholine. And, like Chinese boxes, there are yet other molecules that inhibit the inhibitors . . .

In this cats-and-mice game, there is, as always in living organisms, a delicate balance to be maintained. And, as always, the balance can get skewed as we age, for some reasons that we understand and many more that we don't. In any case, if acetylcholinesterase gains the upper hand and unduly depletes our stores of acetylcholine, really bad things can happen, such as Alzheimer's disease - not that there is a clear cause and effect there (few things, including Alzheimer's, are that simple), but there is a strong correlation that can't be ignored.

GOOD MOLECULE, HUPERZINE!
    Huperzine A (HupA for short), an alkaloid found in the Chinese herb Huperzia serrata, is effective in improving cognitive and memory abilities in humans, including those with Alzheimer's disease. In China, where HupA is used for treating Alzheimer's and myasthenia gravis, medical scientists have studied its effects on the mental functions of elderly Alzheimer's patients.1

In a rigorously designed and controlled experiment, 60 patients aged 52 to 80 with impaired faculties were treated with synthetic HupA (200 micrograms twice daily) or placebo for 60 days. They were evaluated with a huge array of both psychological and physiological tests to determine their mental and physical health before and after the treatment - and, in particular, to determine whether it made any difference if the HupA was administered in the form of capsules or tablets.

Based on four of the most important psychological tests, including memory function, the improvement rates in both groups ranged from 43% to 70%; there was no statistically significant difference between the capsule group and the tablet group.

The researchers also set out to observe the action of HupA on the damaging effects of oxygen free radicals in the patients' plasma and erythrocytes (red blood cells). Biochemical tests showed significant improvement, although not to the reference values for healthy people in the same age group. The authors speculate that long-term treatment with HupA might be required to optimize the results.

The study also reconfirmed the previously demonstrated safety as well as efficacy of HupA.2,3 The only side effects noted were mild to moderate nausea and insomnia, again with no difference between the capsule and tablet groups.

YOUNGSTERS ALSO BENEFIT FROM HUPERZINE
    When a nutrient that improves mental function in the aged does the same in the young, that's really interesting. And that is what Chinese researchers found, in a study designed to determine the efficacy of HupA on memory and learning in adolescents.4 They selected 34 matched pairs of apparently normal junior middle school students whose only significant complaints were of poor memory and difficulty in learning.

The pairing was done in terms of age, sex, memory quotient, and overall psychological health, to ensure that comparisons would be meaningful. Using these criteria, the researchers found no statistically significant baseline differences between the students in the two groups, one of which was to be treated with HupA, the other to receive a placebo.

In a double-blind trial, one member of each pair, chosen randomly, was given 100 micrograms of synthetic HupA twice daily for four weeks, while the other member received the placebo. The students' memory quotients were measured before and after the trial, and their academic performance in their Chinese, English, and mathematics lessons was monitored as well.

The results: At the end of the study, the HupA group scored significantly better than the control group on standard memory tests described as "accumulation," "recognition," "reproduction," "association," "tactual [tactile] memory," and "number of recitation," but not on tests of "picture memory" or "understanding." They had also done significantly better in their Chinese and English lessons, but not in math. No side effects of any kind were noted.

HUPERZINE IS PREFERABLE TO PRESCRIPTION DRUGS
    Huperzine A is superior to the drugs tacrine and donepezil, which are acetylcholinesterase inhibitors widely prescribed for Alzheimer's disease. There is no question that these drugs are effective, but it is our view that chemical compounds derived from natural sources are preferable to those invented by chemists, because the natural ones are typically safer and freer from unwanted side effects.

References

Xu SS, Cai ZY, Qu ZW, Yang RM, Cai YL, Wang GQ, Su XQ, Zhong XS, Cheng RY, Xu WA, Li JX, Feng B. Huperzine-A in capsules and tablets for treating patients with Alzheimer's disease. Acta Pharmacol Sin 1999 Jun;20(6):486-90.
    Xu SS, Guo ZX, Wang Z, Du ZM, Xu WA, Yang JS, et al. Efficacy of tablet huperzine-A on memory, cognition, and behavior in Alzheimer's disease. Acta Pharmacol Sin 1995;16:391-5.
    Xu SS, Xie HB, Du ZM, Tong ZH, Shi QC, Lu KM, et al. Efficacy of tablet huperzine-A on memory and cognition in patients with benign senescent forgetfulness. Chin J Clin Pharmacol Ther 1997;2:1-4.
    Sun QQ, Xu SS, Pan JL, Guo HM, Cao WQ. Huperzine-A capsules enhance memory and learning performance in 34 pairs of matched adolescent students. Acta Pharmacol Sin 1999 Jul;20(7):601-3.
  15. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.17%

IF the piracetam dose is too low, just take a seperate piracetam pill as well. The question is... who has a good source for piracetam? I'm leery of those online pharmacies
  16. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.35%

I would get it from www.smart-drugs.net

Problem is they want $15 for air-mail shipping.
  17. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.35%

Update #2

I stopped taking the NuroFlow. I could not stand the sweaty hands and feet that it was giving me. Since I have been off it the last 2 days, I'm not sweaty anymore. I was really hoping that NF would give me more endurance throughout the day, but no such luck.

I just ordered the drug Endronax(reboxetine) a selective noradrenaline reuptake inhibitor. It has been used to treat narcolepsy. So it should help with the daytime sleepyness. I just hope the stuff does not kill my appatite.

I also ordered some Adrafinil. I'm not going to take these drugs together. I am going to try the Adrafinil first and see how it works. Here is a copy/paste:

"Adrafinil (Olmifon®) a French stimulant and antidepressant belongs to a unique class of drugs called “Eugeroics” (meaning good arousal).

Adrafinil helps to improve brain chemical processes without affecting heart rate or pressure and was specifically designed to treat narcolepsy (sleeping in the daytime), as such it can enhance awareness, mental clarity and alertness, allowing the individual to remain both alert and awake during the day.

Adrafinil's unique feature is that it only arouses when stimulation is required. This is achieved by increasing the receptiveness of brain alpha-1 receptors to noradrenaline. This unique action even allows the individual to sleep if he or she so requires."

My Mom is going to continue taking the NeroFlow. So if you all want me to post results after she finishes the Bottle, I will.
    Last edited by DevilSmack; 02-04-2003 at 12:53 AM.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Step By Step Keto Diet Plan!
    By Blindfaith in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 251
    Last Post: 02-15-2011, 12:46 AM
  2. Protein Squares by request
    By wardog in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 07-27-2003, 03:27 PM
  3. Sann V12
    By Sanosuke in forum Supplements
    Replies: 52