what to take while traveling overseas

DEADn

DEADn

Awards
I am headed to the Philippines for 2 weeks in December. I doubt I will do any weightlifting but I sure will do alot of walking. Last time I was there I was thirsty all the time and hungry part of the time.

I am thinking that I should take some protein powder with me to help me over those times when I do get hungry but I don't know how much I will get to eat like I do here.

What do you think I should take with me to help me through this?

I was looking at Universal Nutritions unisyn which is a meal replacement. I also saw something called 'whey green' which has alot of stuf in it.

This is just to keep me going when and if I get hungry and so I don't eat my mother n law out of the house. It would be like snack thing.

Any ideas?

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
Well ive never had to go overseas and pack stuff but my suggestions would be something along the lines of. Try to eat as much whole protein foods as possible as you probally know, if you want to bring some whey thats fine just use it as snacks so you dont get tempted to have a few cheat meals if your diet is strict. Only other things i would even think of now mind you ive never travled overseas is the essentials like Multi Vitamin creatine that kind of stuff.

And remember you can always pump out a couple hundred pushups a day and sit ups if you feel like it. But more importantly just have fun.

xink

Awards
  • Established
- BCAA's
- Creatine (get pills to make it easier)
- Fish Oil
- Protein

Safe travels.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
where in philipines you going? i spent nearly 8 years in olangapo in the 80's. food is really cheap, fish/chicken/veggies can be bought fresh from street vendors or at the city market. roast pig or lechon is tasty as hell. filipinos are famous for hospitality, a feast will probably be made daily. believe me bro, you will have plenty to eat. just be ready to eat rice with every meal, lol. the philipines is a great place-enjoy.:cheers: btw-pack summer clothes.

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
- BCAA's
- Creatine (get pills to make it easier)
- Fish Oil
- Protein

Safe travels.
That basically raps it up any basics you have that are easily portable bring And as i mentioned try to rep out some pushups or sit ups here and there for some exercise but have fun!!!:flowers1:

DEADn

DEADn

Awards
where in philipines you going? i spent nearly 8 years in olangapo in the 80's. food is really cheap, fish/chicken/veggies can be bought fresh from street vendors or at the city market. roast pig or lechon is tasty as hell. filipinos are famous for hospitality, a feast will probably be made daily. believe me bro, you will have plenty to eat. just be ready to eat rice with every meal, lol. the philipines is a great place-enjoy.:cheers: btw-pack summer clothes.
I will be mostly in Pasig area. I have been there twice now. I was married there but wasn't weightlifting then like I am now. I know when I was there (2001) I was thirsty all the time and was hungry alot. This is why I pose the question. I am taking activated charcoal for any stomach illness. My wifes family doesn't have the big to do's like many Filipinos do with lots to eat. This is why I am thinking of bring extra protein but I thought a meal replacement might do the trick. The creatine I use is Kre Alkalyn. I never thought about bringing that. Yet I did think about doing some uniliver as well.

Basically just want to keep the protein coming.

Jsherbro

Jsherbro

Awards
Here is a great idea for shakers. Use little ziploc bags (sandwhich size) you can put a scoop or two of anything in them, shake em up with water, open it up, chug it and just throw it away, that way you dont have to worry about washing out a smelly shaker bottle or anything. But yeah, Protein/Creatine, if you can get your hands on a box of Supreme Protein Bars or Clif's I'd do that. But then again its a vacation, indulge and relax man, the iron will be waiting here in the states when you get back.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i live in indiana, i flew out of chicago in january dressed for midwestern winters. when i got off plane in manila i nearly croaked. if hydration is a problem look at nimbus-poseidon. in the 80's going threw customs was a snap, don't know how strict they have become, but you should be fine with the basics-i would bring unopened containers. i envy you, i miss the pi very much.:cheers:

Jsherbro

Jsherbro

Awards
Big-T, I'm from Avon, Indiana..west of Indianapolis. I'm livin' in Chi right now, you know of Avon?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Big-T, I'm from Avon, Indiana..west of Indianapolis. I'm livin' in Chi right now, you know of Avon?
of course, except for the navy and the time in philipines i have been a indy ssider whole life.:cheers:

DEADn

DEADn

Awards
Just as a reminder, I plan on no weightlifting. I am planning on what I could eat in between meals or in addition to meals while I am there. I either have to bring protein supps with me OR I have to help my mother n law get extra groceries. I think it would be easier for me to bring extra supps that way she and I don't have to worry about how much will be eaten.

When I was last there I had eaten 2 plates and was ready for more but I declined because I knew that what she had had to last them the whole day and I wasn't about to put them out. This is why I thought about meal replacement. Even thought about weightgainer since it is higher calorie. Could be a filler upper?

Vitamin shopped recommended protein pudding but I kind of think that will go right through me.

I do hope that much of the flooding will be eased by Dec. Her area was flooded but her subdivision was not so that is good.