PEA

jart45

jart45

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys! Wondering if anyone give some info about PEA, I have tried searching anabolicminds but nothing, except about the taste of it. I just wanna know anything and everything you care to share about it. Thanks!

sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
PEA (PhenylEthylAmine) is a neuromodulator (monoamine) in the brain involved in mood and mental alertness related to the neurotransmitter Dopamine (3,4-dihydroxy-phenethylamine). It naturally occurs in some amounts in chocolate, certain algae’s and is produced in small amount in the brain from D-Phenylalanine. Neurochemical Effects:

* Neuromodulator of catecholamine activity. (Enhances the transmission of dopamine and norepinephrine)
* AMPA receptor stimulant (increases acetylcholine release through the glutamatergic system)

oral bioavailability isnt the greatest i believe and i wouldnt dose this too high for too long it could seriously screw up dopamine receptors. but a few days here and there for a mood, energy lift wouldnt be wrong

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Save your money, dude. Its best used when its an ingedient in something. There are sevral supps that include it, check em out.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lucidrol has it, and works great!

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys! Wondering if anyone give some info about PEA, I have tried searching anabolicminds but nothing, except about the taste of it. I just wanna know anything and everything you care to share about it. Thanks!
PEA = Phenylethylamine

It's a monoamine/neurotransmitter that is naturally found within our CNS (with stimulant effects), but our body has a hissy fit when we try to increase PEA levels within the brain/CNS - sure PEA passes the blood brain barrier fairly easily, but it is extensively metabolized upon ingestion via monoamine oxidases (specifically mao-A and mao-B). In plain terms, before PEA can exert effects in the CNS (which it is completely capable of doing) - it is quickly and efficiently converted into phenylacetic acid via oxidation (adding oxygen) before reaching the CNS to exert effects.

And another link PEA has being the skeleton to known, potent CNS stimulants is that it's chemical cousins are amphetamine and methamphetamine.

PEA = Phenylethylamine
Amphetamine = Alpha-Methyl-Phenylethylamine
Methamphetamine = Methyl-Amphetamine (Methylated Alpha-Methyl-Phenylethylamine)

As best put by Shulgin in his PIHKAL book (p. 816 for those with it) -

"Phenethylamine is intrinsically a stimulant, although it doesn't last long enough to express this property. In other words, it is rapidly and completely destroyed in the human body. It is only when a number of substituent groups are placed here or there on the molecule that this metabolic fate is avoided and pharmacological activity becomes apparent.

Qualitative comments:
With: 200, 400, 800, & 1600mg - "No effects"
With: 25 & 50mg i.v. - "No effects"

You're not gonna get any effects from PEA unless you have an MAOI drug co-administered, or decide to modify PEA perhaps by adding a methyl group to the first available position on the carbon chain (alpha), this methylated-PEA is - yep you guessed it - Amphetamine!! :smlove2:

PEA -

Amphetamine -

Methamphetamine -

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established
and since my posts are typically long winded and lose sight of the original question, I would say don't waste your money on PEA or PEA containing supplements because PEA will not exert any effect on your CNS aside from the ever so reliable and surprisingly potent placebo effect, it's a typical ingredient in the sunday supplements claiming stimulatory-like results.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Despite what many say about it being worthless is wrong. PEA feels ineffective, when taken on a full stomach.

I love PEA. I've used NP bulk PEA, I've used Primaforce PEA, and I've used Cognative Nutrition's PEA. All are effective.

I dose it upon waking, and pre-workout. Anywhere from 250mg to 1g. If I go beyond 1.5, it really messes me up. When I first started using it I got incredible body buzzes.

Anyone who calls it garbage is either a non-responder(which some just won't admit) or dosing it wrong.

Respect this stuff, don't mess with it. I do not take it on a daily bases. Start your dosing small, and work your way up.

If you buy it bulk, cap it.