Recovery Supps ...

SprtNvolcoM

SprtNvolcoM

On a Mission!
Awards
  • Established
Good gosh its been a long time since I've been in or posted anything. I've been out of the scene for quite a while, and just recently got back in the gym. By no means am I a newbie, however (for those who have never met me).

That said, I have rather simple question:
Are there any supps that reduce lactic acid build up or help with PWO recovery/soreness?

I'm getting extremely sore after my WOs, and it's affecting my weekly WO schedule. I'm currently taking it easy - implementing HRT and still in the first few weeks of the cycle - using light weights. Even still, I can barely move the following day. It's been 3yrs since I've been in the gym.

Any suggestions?
Sprt

Swoldierboy

Awards
  • Established
i agree with pembroke. but lactic acid is a result in the cellular respiration process when NADH + H gives electrons and hydrogens back to pyruvic acid that forms lactic acid which can inhibit glycolysis and ATP production declines. basically, not breathing causes the whole cellular respiration process to change courses and stop at anaerobic respiration (without oxygen) and u form lactic acid from not breathing when ur doing sets. so maybe take a good bcaa and breathe a lil better lol just an idea

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i agree with pembroke. but lactic acid is a result in the cellular respiration process when NADH + H gives electrons and hydrogens back to pyruvic acid that forms lactic acid which can inhibit glycolysis and ATP production declines. basically, not breathing causes the whole cellular respiration process to change courses and stop at anaerobic respiration (without oxygen) and u form lactic acid from not breathing when ur doing sets. so maybe take a good bcaa and breathe a lil better lol just an idea
Very well put.:)

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
get a product with beta alanine in it. ba helps reduce the buildup of lactic acid in your body, or it helps remove it, or something like that. I'm not a chemical genius, all I know is that ba helps somehow with lactic acid.

Purple wraath has a decent amount of ba per serving, but then again so does jack'd, and many others do as well.

tuberman

Awards
  • Established
I agree wirh beta alanine for lactic acid, and BCAAs (with glutamine) for general recovery.

Also adding a top quality endurance stack makes a huge difference.

jaydollars

jaydollars

Awards
  • Established
Some people get sore some don't, maybe since you haven't lifted in a while you are just getting used to it again, kinda like when you played sports the first few weeks of the season you were real sore then it goes away...as for me I get sore no matter what so everyone is different

nomoredex

nomoredex

Awards
  • Established
a bcaa products after workout
and a beta alanine product pre workout
should reduce lactic acid build up quite a bit.

SprtNvolcoM

SprtNvolcoM

On a Mission!
Awards
  • Established
lol, That’s funny ... Thanks. I'll try to breathe more, lol! Doing HRT, though, it wont likely matter. I've manipulated the HRT program a little to better suit me. I find that "reping to failure" will create lactic acid build up no matter how much you breathe.

Thanks for the ideas though. I did a little research last night and found a few good supps. As for the BCAA's, I have a whole cabinet of BCAA I capped a while back. I'll likely go with some xtends and take the caps. A little extra BCAA won’t hurt. :0)

Sprt

Swoldierboy

Awards
  • Established
i personally dont like to rep till failure too often cause it can really mess up your nervous system. i like to to low reps sure, but not every set rep till failure ya know. maybe my last set on that particular workout im doing ill go to failure

SprtNvolcoM

SprtNvolcoM

On a Mission!
Awards
  • Established
i personally dont like to rep till failure too often cause it can really mess up your nervous system. i like to to low reps sure, but not every set rep till failure ya know. maybe my last set on that particular workout im doing ill go to failure
I dont like reping to failure either ... I shud of said near failure (as if that makes all the difference). With HRT, however, your always working towards a maximum in an attempt to prevent adaptation and promote constant growth; increasing loads just about every workout (I increase every two workouts). My HRT cycles are usually 8wks, but sometimes longer depending on my goals. To be honest, My workouts are a mix between HRT and DC -like I said i tweaked the program a bit to better suit me. I love it! I've never seen a better strength and weight gains on any other WO program. The best part is the constant rotation of exercises. I never get bored. I'm currently doing a 2on/1off - upper/lower split.

Thanks for all the advice,
Sprt

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
Nothing much more to say other then id reccomend just the bulk beta alanine tabs and whatever BCAA formula or product or bulk supply you like. My current BCAA product im using is either Intra-Aid or Purple Wrath.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
Good gosh its been a long time since I've been in or posted anything. I've been out of the scene for quite a while, and just recently got back in the gym. By no means am I a newbie, however (for those who have never met me).

That said, I have rather simple question:
Are there any supps that reduce lactic acid build up or help with PWO recovery/soreness?

I'm getting extremely sore after my WOs, and it's affecting my weekly WO schedule. I'm currently taking it easy - implementing HRT and still in the first few weeks of the cycle - using light weights. Even still, I can barely move the following day. It's been 3yrs since I've been in the gym.

Any suggestions?
Sprt
NOTHING, I mean NOTHING, compares to GPLC combined with Prime or just GPLC at 4.5gs, use pre and post:cheers:

Swoldierboy

Awards
  • Established
never tried that before andrew. looks interesting....thanks for the info

tuberman

Awards
  • Established
Andrew,

Have you tried PLCAR alone (sans the glycine) with Prime for recovery ? This has got me very curious as I intend a long Prime run soon. Do you think it would help to hold off CNS type fatigue accumulated by multiple 5x5 type workouts ? How much Prime were you using ?

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
Andrew,

Have you tried PLCAR alone (sans the glycine) with Prime for recovery ? This has got me very curious as I intend a long Prime run soon. Do you think it would help to hold off CNS type fatigue accumulated by multiple 5x5 type workouts ? How much Prime were you using ?
GPLC gave me more recovery and strength output, PLCAR alone gave me good endurance with a clean energy. Both will greatly help with the CNS, I stack either with bacopa and rhodiola rosea. I used at Prime at 9caps everyday.

CONTROLLED LABS

CONTROLLED LABS

PROnom 23.... NOM NOM NOM
Awards
  • Established
get a product with beta alanine in it. ba helps reduce the buildup of lactic acid in your body, or it helps remove it, or something like that. I'm not a chemical genius, all I know is that ba helps somehow with lactic acid.

Purple wraath has a decent amount of ba per serving, but then again so does jack'd, and many others do as well.
Nothing much more to say other then id reccomend just the bulk beta alanine tabs and whatever BCAA formula or product or bulk supply you like. My current BCAA product im using is either Intra-Aid or Purple Wrath.
yeah, purple wraath or purple intrain during the workout is a great way to aid in recovery :)

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
Arginine, glutamine, beta alanine, etc, all buffer lactic acid to some degree.
Sorry for the redundancy!

naturalguy

naturalguy

Universal Nutrition
Awards
  • Established
Intra-Aid helps tremendously with recovery and supplies in one serving:

8 grams of high quality hydro whey
10 grams of free form amino's (including Beta Alanine which will help with lactic acid)
a great carb blend
electrolytes

It's specifically geared toward protein synthesis and recovery. If you really want to take your recovery to the next level you can stack it with Torrent post workout, nothing beats that combination.

nomoredex

nomoredex

Awards
  • Established
8 grams of high quality hydro whey
10 grams of free form amino's (including Beta Alanine which will help with lactic acid)
a great carb blend
electrolytes
it has electrolytes :toofunny:

jim623

No matter what you take, if you're just starting back up after a layoff, DOMS will set in. Just push on brotha, it'll get better.

tuberman

Awards
  • Established
Andrew,

I picked up three 150 count bottles of Prime today to add to the two 120 count bottles I already had. I also ordered four 60 count bottles of GPLC. This is my Christmas present to myself as I will start a lean bulk on December 23. I also have USPlabs DominATP (2 containers). The Prime was already planned, but I added the GPLC after your post. :cheers:

I've got to finish up my cut first, but I'm chompin' at the bit.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
Andrew,

I picked up three 150 count bottles of Prime today to add to the two 120 count bottles I already had. I also ordered four 60 count bottles of GPLC. This is my Christmas present to myself as I will start a lean bulk on December 23. I also have USPlabs DominATP (2 containers). The Prime was already planned, but I added the GPLC after your post. :cheers:

I've got to finish up my cut first, but I'm chompin' at the bit.
LOL, NICE, Just make sure to get 4.5g of GPLC on hard days, DomainATP stacks sickly with GPLC, prime is the anabolic of the three, just make sure to take 20 minutes prior to a meal for the nutrient partritioning effects.