College student HELP

Machwon1

Awards
  • Established
Hello. I had no money and had to use freak fix muscle whey for the last three months as my only supplement. Now i am on Drive,igf-2,and 2nd gear. But when this runs out I cant spend to much money on any supps. I will also keep a protein powder of course but I was thinking of getting one solid supp that does it all. I am bulking right now through march. I am thinking of trying either NOSHOTGUN or DIESELTEST HARDCORE or SIZEONE. Which one should I try for a bulk as a stand only supp? Thanks my stats are 5'9" 170lbs 12.5-13.5%fat (dont want to gain much fat maybe 5lbs muscle to 1 lb fat if possible) I eat about 2700-3000 calories a day and workout 4 times a week.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I would just go with creatine. It's cheap, doesn't blow your wallet, will help with recovery, strength, size.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
definitely creatine. and BCAA's.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would just hit up Nutraplanets bulk. Get bulk creatine and BCAA's easy on the wallet.

DenDestroys

Awards
definitely creatine. and BCAA's.
I just have to ask, why do people prefer to buy BCAA's as a standalone when most protein mixes out there already include them and can be had for the same price?

By the way, creatine gets my vote. I'm in college myself and have money to spend on supplements, and I am doing fine with creatine and whey protein.

More importantly, make sure you're eating good foods while you are at college. I know how the dining halls usually have fried food every meal, but make healthy choices with that. Also, in my dorm I stock up on eggs, cottage cheese, mixed nuts, protein powder, tuna, milk, oatmeal and chicken breasts. That is what will dictate your muscle/fat gain, eat clean foods and count calories.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just have to ask, why do people prefer to buy BCAA's as a standalone when most protein mixes out there already include them and can be had for the same price?

By the way, creatine gets my vote. I'm in college myself and have money to spend on supplements, and I am doing fine with creatine and whey protein.

More importantly, make sure you're eating good foods while you are at college. I know how the dining halls usually have fried food every meal, but make healthy choices with that. Also, in my dorm I stock up on eggs, cottage cheese, mixed nuts, protein powder, tuna, milk, oatmeal and chicken breasts. That is what will dictate your muscle/fat gain, eat clean foods and count calories.
Amino Acids found in protein are in peptide chains. Therefore the stomach must break those chains up. Taking amino acids in protein and food seem to not yield the same effects if taken singularly. There are very little similarities between taking in protein that has say 3 grams of arginine vs. 3 grams of singular arginine. I believe it has something to do with the digestion and the breaking up of the peptide chains. Your body does not get to utilize the full amount. I dunno if im 100% correct on this but this is what I have come to understand. Also there is quite a big difference as far as digestion rate and the rate in which you will receive benefits. From what I hear to get the full benefits from intaking whey protein you have to wait anywhere up to 90 minutes where as if you intake BCAA's..... say PWO.... they are available to your body in just around 15 minutes.

Liftingstud

Awards
  • Established
How about a solid fat burner with those stats? And spend extra on good clean healthy food.

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
As mentioned just use bulk supplies there cheap and effective no need worrying about Propietory Blends and what not go to whats proven to work. Creatine BCAA's etc all work wonders and are cheap.

Swoldierboy

Awards
  • Established
eat good, take ur shakes, and take a creatine. doesnt matter what kind. ppl like different stuff and will tell u different stuff. ive heard size on was amazing. im looking to take size on with prime

simpleton

Banned
Awards
It'd be nice to get all the fancy brand names/formulas. Just get bulk creatine and if you need a preworkout just get some Shock Therapy by Universal Nutrition. It's not the best out there but it lasts forever and it's pretty cheap.