ephedrine safety compared to speed?

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
I am looking to get an import permit for ephedrine for personal use so I am looking into its side effects as typically I have bad luck, and the more I read about the stuff the worse it seems.

I want to make this comparison because I am very familiar with speed and I know it is sort of related to ephedrine.
What I am finding strange is from what I have read ephedrine has more side effects than speed?

For example "Ephedrine can raise blood pressure and lead to nose bleeds" WTF! Never heard of speed doing that crap.

Are the dangers of Ephedrine exaggerated? I can imagine maybe the nose bleeds were caused by Asprin in an ECA stack.

methusaleh

methusaleh

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Do you mean the LG supplement called Speed, or the illegal drug (I think it's meth)?

Jay V 24

Jay V 24

Banned
Awards
speed and meth are 2 diff animals. The latter being the more vicious beast.

Ephedrine is safe. As long as you dont have any pre-existing heart conditions, as long as you dont use it in extreme heat while dehydrated and as long as you stay within the guidelines of normal dosage schemes, you should be perfectly fine.

Ive used all forms of it, herbal, sulfate, HCl...never had a bad reaction, ever.

Just dont be an asshat by thinking more is better. stay hydrated and be sure your heart is in good working order.

P.S. by itself it is pretty weak. Thermogenic effect is minimal alone and should be stacked with caffeine for any noticable stimulant or fat burning effects.

ktatro1

ktatro1

Awards
  • Established
If you are concerned about BP-related sides, find supplements that use ma-huang, NOT ephedrine extract.

Ma-Huang is the plant from which ephedrine is derived. It contains phytochemicals that effectively combat the negative sides of ephedrine, specifically that of blood pressure. Secondly the plant contains other alkaloids that act in similar ways to ephedrine. I have taken both types: extract and ma-huang, and the ma-huang was far more effective.

Do you mean the LG supplement called Speed, or the illegal drug (I think it's meth)?
speed and meth are different, though not by much. Speed is also known as amphetamine, where as meth (or methamphetamine) uses the same base molecule and has a methyl group attached somewhere along the carbon chain off the benzene ring (usually at the 1 position). Meth is much stronger then speed.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
speed and meth are different, though not by much. Speed is also known as amphetamine, where as meth (or methamphetamine) uses the same base molecule and has a methyl group attached somewhere along the carbon chain off the benzene ring (usually at the 1 position). Meth is much stronger then speed.

booth f*** your brain

Jay V 24

Jay V 24

Banned
Awards
not quite sure what this means.
He basically called a you a F@ggot show off p*ssy know-it-all, who just had to throw in some chemistry lingo to make himself seem important, but probably never got laid in high school and still doesnt get laid now.

I think.....:sad3:

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
The drug speed.

Ma-Huang is the plant from which ephedrine is derived. It contains phytochemicals that effectively combat the negative sides of ephedrine, specifically that of blood pressure. Secondly the plant contains other alkaloids that act in similar ways to ephedrine. I have taken both types: extract and ma-huang, and the ma-huang was far more effective.
Thanks for the tip, I will get myself some ma huang in that case.

I went into a Chinese herbalist store a few years ago and asked for it and I got a bottle of what looked like pellets, took some and it didn't seem to do much, maybe I needed to make a tea out of them.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
He basically called a you a F@ggot show off p*ssy know-it-all, who just had to throw in some chemistry lingo to make himself seem important, but probably never got laid in high school and still doesnt get laid now.

Damn, what a left hook!

ktatro1

ktatro1

Awards
  • Established

it could have been that, or just the fact that I know what I'm talking about and was correcting a misconception about speed and meth (that they are different) and explaining the difference so he knew WHY they were different. Next time I'll keep my mouth shut though so as to not offend those of you who don't understand what I'm talking about. As for my sex-life, it seems irrelevant at this point in time, but since you brought it up, the first time I had sex I was 15 (that would make me a sophomore in high school), and the last time I had sex was Friday, before that Wednesday....I needn't prove anything more to you, however would caution you against judging and making assumptions about those you nothing nothing of. You make yourself look like an ignorant piece of sh*it.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
At first sight this is a bad question.

If meth you mean crystal meths (not amphets) - really, really dangerous.

Any severe messing with the dopamine pathway is bad news and I mean any stuff. The stuff you've said are all about how easily it can penetrated the CNS. Stimulants do not penetrate they agitate, e.g. caffeine. This causes an adrenaline response (ephinephrine), not a strong dopamine response.

Ephedrine is a stimulant, plain and simple. It causes a bit of CNS penetration. It may generate more CNS penetration with caffeine and asperin - not clear. It is often banned because it is the base material for serious CNS penetration drugs (could be meth), but you'd need to be a chemist to do this.

To an extent the question isn't a bad one because structurally they are similar but it terms of effect miles apart.

Fat-burning: ECA is powerful, its the most powerful of its type (raising the metabolic rate). It is too dangerous.

1. In herbal stuff there are way better ways.
2. Just discussing "cutting" in the icariin log thread (below), some pro-advise in there (not by me) and thats well worth checking.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
If you are concerned about BP-related sides, find supplements that use ma-huang, NOT ephedrine extract.

i disagree with the first paragraph.

mu huang[ the part of the plant with the most active alkaloids] acts alot more on the CNS( central nervous system for those that didnt go to highschool) [ than ephedrine, which acts mainly on SNS ( sympathetic nervous system] and will get your heart pumping and blood pressure up higher than ephedrine. and a tiny amount of phytochemicals in a small 25mg dose will not mitigate this.

like you said, mu huang and sida cordifolia are more effective,........mainly because they put more stress on your body.

either way, both have half lives of like 3 hours anyway, so i wouldnt worry about BP. just make sure you take the aspirin with either that you take.

ktatro1

ktatro1

Awards
  • Established
i disagree with the first paragraph.

mu huang[ the part of the plant with the most active alkaloids] acts alot more on the CNS( central nervous system for those that didnt go to highschool) [ than ephedrine, which acts mainly on SNS ( sympathetic nervous system] and will get your heart pumping and blood pressure up higher than ephedrine. and a tiny amount of phytochemicals in a small 25mg dose will not mitigate this.

like you said, mu huang and sida cordifolia are more effective,........mainly because they put more stress on your body.

either way, both have half lives of like 3 hours anyway, so i wouldnt worry about BP. just make sure you take the aspirin with either that you take.
You may very well be correct, I thought I read though that the chemical contents (non-ephedra alkaloids) could in fact offset the negatives of ephedrine. You may be right though.

Just as an example, Twinlab's original ripped fuel was standardized to 20mg of ephedra alkaloids (not just ephedrine) with the ma huang dosage at 334mg. I don't know the exact nutritional panel of ma huang, but if at all possible, it seems plausible in the least that something in the remaining 314 mg of ma huang may be able to offset something like BP related sides. not 100% on this though.