ALA Use

nevergoodenough

nevergoodenough

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I got 90, 100mg ALA pills for free, and have never used it before. Done some reading, and was thinking about taking 200mg 15 min before carb meals 2-3x per day. What do you guys think? How has anybody else used ALA in the past with good results?

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
I currently supplement with ALA. I have 200mg tabs. I take one with breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

I can't say what kinda results I've had while taking it. Haven't noticed any, but I know its beneficial to my body. Plus I supplement with with Vitamin C, so it helps better utilize the C.

sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
i use it with other GDAs sometimes i use only ala with my post workout waxy/amino drink and i think it works well at glucose disposal when u dose it right. and its a great anti oxidant so no reason not to take it i dont think

nevergoodenough

nevergoodenough

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
So you guys are taking it with meals? I thought it was supposed to be taken before.

Sik

Sik

Awards
ALA is a good supplement.

But the best version is the K-R-ALA or the N-R-ALA.

They help you with the carbs, as they are known as insulin-like-effect ;)

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ALA is a good supplement.

But the best version is the K-R-ALA or the N-R-ALA.

They help you with the carbs, as they are known as insulin-like-effect ;)
CORRECT!!!!

:cheers:

sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
take it 25-30 minutes before a meal to give it time to activate the GLUT-4 receptors thats the function on carbohydrate metabolism thats basically the point of taking any form of ALA. if u have regular ala u can assume that its half s-ala or the inactive isomer and half r-ala. so dose accordingly

UNCnate

UNCnate

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I got 90, 100mg ALA pills for free, and have never used it before. Done some reading, and was thinking about taking 200mg 15 min before carb meals 2-3x per day. What do you guys think? How has anybody else used ALA in the past with good results?
That sounds like a good plan. If you decide to supplement with it in the future, get R-ALA. [I know you got this for free.]

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
I've read ALA also helps creatine absorption, when dosed together.

Tansui

Tansui

Awards
  • Established
I take 100mg of ALA 3 times a day (with larger meals)