agmatine

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. agmatine

anyone using this? what's your dosing look like? effects?
    WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID

2. I am also interested in hearing some feedback on this...
    •   

3. I havn't used it. In 2002 I remember picking up one of my brothers fitness magazines, which was probably already old, and readng how it was the next big thing. Now it's 2009. In that article they tried to market it as a test booster. Now it's a pump product with some sort of mental effect.

4. MAN Blueprint 4 caps immediately upon waking. Stuff is awesome in my experience(just picked up 3 more bottles to run as soon as they arrive).

I notice improved mood, better sleep, better pumps, and a slight leaning out effect. I really enjoy using it and like it due to it being more than just a cosmetic product, due to other added health benefits.
    PEScience Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com

5. Been eyeing this one but haven't had a chance to buy it.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    anyone using this? what's your dosing look like? effects?
    I recently finished a bottle of Blue Print by MAN. I took it for 20 days as recommended. I did notice slightly better "pumps" in the gym but other than that I can't say that it did much for me. I'm sure that it has signifigant health benefits but at $3/day it is quite espensive. Since I love the pump, I recently ordered another bottle and I will taking 4 capsules about an hour or so before each workout to see if it inhances the "pump" taken in this manner. If not I will take 4 capsules upon waking only on workout days. Since I workout 3 days a week a bottle should last for about 6-7 weeks used in this manner.

As I said "I love the pump". Thus far the best "pump" I have felt, other than while jucing, is a combination of formestane and AMS Hyper Pump. The pumps from this combination are awsome. I'm not sure if Blue Print can do much to add to this effect.

7. I used two bottles. I noticed very few effects, and what effects I did notice were consistant with RALA, and not much more. I was disappointed, as the writeup was well written and in depth, and MAN is a great company.

8. Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    I used two bottles. I noticed very few effects, and what effects I did notice were consistant with RALA, and not much more. I was disappointed, as the writeup was well written and in depth, and MAN is a great company.
    i am on 2nd bottle and am noticing increased muscle fullness, leaning out, sensitivity to carbs and prolonged-fuller erections. also feel like i have more endurance and stamina. since i am using BLUE PRINT, i was curious about the bulk agmatine powder that doesn't have the r-ala. but for the price-getting both the agmatine and r-ala, BLUE PRINT seems a much better deal than buying the bulk agmatine.

9. I have used the bulk and blueprint. I still got excellent pumps when adding a gram to whatever pre-workout concoction I was using, and the sense of well being and stamina. The only difference I got was the carb sensitivity and sometimes hypo feeling that came with the RALA. Great stuff, imo, I'm glad you started this thread to remind me of how much I liked it.

10. Quote Originally Posted by mattikus View Post
    I have used the bulk and blueprint. I still got excellent pumps when adding a gram to whatever pre-workout concoction I was using, and the sense of well being and stamina. The only difference I got was the carb sensitivity and sometimes hypo feeling that came with the RALA. Great stuff, imo, I'm glad you started this thread to remind me of how much I liked it.
    i looked at the bulk agmatine and at BLUE PRINT, for the price of buying both bulk agmatine and bulk r-ala, BLUE PRINT was a no-brainer. i take it you came to same conclusion after trying both?

11. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    i looked at the bulk agmatine and at BLUE PRINT, for the price of buying both bulk agmatine and bulk r-ala, BLUE PRINT was a no-brainer. i take it you came to same conclusion after trying both?
    Yessir, if you want the R-ALA then Blueprint is the way to go.

12. I used nutra's bulk agmatine for 25 days. What I noticed: dramatically enhanced vascularity, similar to a light cycle. Concurrently, I had improved pumps (not as drastic, though). For one dollar a day though, the positives were not enough to make me a repeat buyer. I would not rule out using MAN bp, however, esp on a discount.

13. This is a lot of peoples favorite supplement.

14. Quote Originally Posted by UNCnate View Post
    This is a lot of peoples favorite supplement.
    yeah, kind of surpised about the interest. don't hear it mentioned that much.

15. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    yeah, kind of surpised about the interest. don't hear it mentioned that much.

Yeah, I have been interested for quite a while. I just have yet to pull the trigger.

16. Quote Originally Posted by SonicSWOLE View Post
    Yeah, I have been interested for quite a while. I just have yet to pull the trigger.
    i am really enjoying it. effects seem to get better over time.

17. Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster View Post
    Agmatine inhibits NMDA receptors. I'll pass

More harm than good. Lets all take a supplement that makes us feel good in the gym but ignore everything else it does in the body.
    let me check with my buddy on another forum about the nmda inhibition. but he did say that arginine has a feedback loop which agmatine bypasses. good looking out natty, let me check on that.

18. Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster View Post
    Yu, Marcillo, Fairbanks, Wilcox, and Yezierski (2000) promote the
    use of agmatine, an NMDA receptor antagonist and nitric oxide synthase (NOS)
    inhibitor.
    are you saying that agmatine inhibits nitric oxide? i though NO increase was what gave the pump??? i am very confused now.

19. Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster View Post
    Numerous studies say that agmatine inhibits nitric oxide synthase. Maybe it was the good ol' placebo effect?

Nitric oxide synthase is what converts arginine to NO.

And don't forget that it also inhibits NMDA.

I love the supplement industry lately.
    this is a lot to take in. i feel like a 6 year old being told there is no santa claus, lol.

20. Natty, Can I see those studys if you have a link? Also what serving amount was used iin the study that shows it inhibits NMDA. I have heard of this but only in large servings. Thats why its not reccomended to consume more than 1000-1500 mg per day.

I have also seen numerous studys supporting Nitric Oxide synthesis and its ability to
    inhibit Nitric Oxide breakdown so I would like to review. I appreciate it. You can PM me the link if you want.

21. exactly but there was some concern in a study I read only when supplementing with large amounts. I know Dr Houser was experimenting at one point with large amounts. Ill have to find his post on his experience.

Thanks for the reference Natty. Appreciate it.

22. Im sorry that you are offended. I respect you opinon as you have everyright to not want to use a product or ingredient. There wsa no intention to persuade you to use or not use Agamatine.

23. Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster View Post
    Agmatine inhibits NMDA receptors. I'll pass

More harm than good. Lets all take a supplement that makes us feel good in the gym but ignore everything else it does in the body.
    I put a lot of faith in Dr Housers recommendations. He dosen't recommended anything without first doing his research. It's difficult for me to beleive that he would recommend anything that would be harmful.

24. Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster View Post
    I understand that. I was just waiting for some guy to post a some dumb study and claim everyone should take his product containing agmatine.

Just because Dr. houser said something doesnt mean much. A lot of doctors are mis-informed and have not spent the right amount of time researching into what they are talking about. Especially primary care physicians. Most of them carry around little PDAs where they read off what prescription you should be taking for your symptoms.

And just to state the facts again... 1 study means nothing. How many times have you read a study about a compound saying it does one thing, then read another saying it doesnt? Its happened to me tons of times.
    lol I just saw the extra text you added to this post sorry for the late response. Dr Houser is very reputable as he does his own research before reccomending something. May not be the trusted source for everone and thats fine if its not for you. I dont think in any thread here anyone addressed you directly but your responding as if someone is.

There are a lot more than 1 study brother as I have been researching this ingredient for a while now I have not seen the one that you are refering to thats why I asked as friendly as I could to guide me in the right direction. I dont know who said theres only 1 study maybe your refering to when I said I read a study.

Also your going to find conflicting research in almost anything. Again exactly why Im keeping an open mind and asked for your help to review the studys you have read. Maybe I missed something.

25. Blocking NMDA will cause a blocking effect in the thinking process but to say "brain damage", that is a tad deep, personally PH's are worse for the brain.
    doing my own thang!

26. WOW i dont know what think any more lol.
    Athletic Xtreme Team REP
    http://www.AthleticX.net/
    AXHOLE BY NATURE

27. Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster View Post
    Agmatine inhibits NMDA in your body...naturally..without supplementation. Supplementation only increases it.

Just go on scholar.google.com and google: agmatine nitric oxide synthase -- and -- agmatine nmda
    Question for you. If there was a study showing that Agamatine caused no additional threat to inhibiting NMDA in servings of 1000 mg or less would you consider using it? If not based on POSSIBLE increased side effect how do you feel about Agamatine inhibiting NMDA in the body naturally? Must be a serious issue still for you. My point is that everything has a negative effect when consumed in excessive amounts . The reason why I brought up Dr Houser was because he was aware of this and decided to experiment in higher dose. Like I said I donít know the result. Perhaps someone else can chime in on that. Even if thereís only one study I donít see why just because thereís only 1 that it should be discredited. This may be an ingredient that needs further research but as you can see from recent users seems to be doing something and IMO leaves me even more curious.

28. Quote Originally Posted by mattikus View Post
    Yessir, if you want the R-ALA then Blueprint is the way to go.
    Yep! Blue Print is awesome.
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowdersí opinion as a whole.

29. Yes I have heard great things. I havent tried Agamatine with R-Ala yet. Might give it a go.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Agmatine
    By nobel252 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 08-26-2013, 09:33 AM
  2. Agmatine or GPLC
    By zwa004 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-19-2010, 11:09 AM
  3. Agmatine?
    By MrBrightside in forum Supplements