how does look for pre workout

M

mikey00843

Awards
6 scoops xtend bcaa, 1 scoop superpump 250, 5 mg creatine mono, 1 scoop carbo gain powder mixed togother and sipped before, during and after workout. So far no negative feelings. work outs have been very productive.and also im on the end of my cycle of halovar also no nevative results. so far very positive. so im wondering if the pre workout drink is a good idea or is there something needed. I also am getting ready to add fish oil to the mix. thanks for any information will be greatly apreicated. mike.............

X

xtakecov3rx

Awards
Why so much BCAA? Just curious what you're thinking, I think any protein will put you in an anabolic state so you might get away with this cheaper.. I will probably be corrected, but about 20 g is all you need, i love superpump though, so kudos on that one

G

gymbo123

Awards
You're probably good considering you're towards the end of your cycle. Just a tip, go ahead and finish that drink about 30 mins into your workout.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You got pct lined up for the halo, right? Everything else looks great. I would add green tes in with the fish oil, as it's cheap and has a myriad of health benefits. I use NOW egcg.

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
6 scoops xtend bcaa, 1 scoop superpump 250, 5 mg creatine mono, 1 scoop carbo gain powder mixed togother and sipped before, during and after workout. So far no negative feelings. work outs have been very productive.and also im on the end of my cycle of halovar also no nevative results. so far very positive. so im wondering if the pre workout drink is a good idea or is there something needed. I also am getting ready to add fish oil to the mix. thanks for any information will be greatly apreicated. mike.............
I would not take the creatine mono pre-workout because Superpump 250 already has creatine mono. If you must, take it with your post-workout shake. I would also save the carbo gain powder for post-workout. Before your workout you should of consumed a meal high in complex carbs and protein. There should be no need for carbo gainer before workout. Carbogain, protein and creatine mono post workout.

Fish or Flax is also a good addition. Don't forget your vitamins.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Dunno, I would keep the creatine pre. SP only has 1gr per scoop or so, and there's evidence that more benefit is gained from pre-workout supplementation of creatine, over any other time.

The carbogain, as he is doing it, can help stave off an exercise induced cortisol spike. He's on cycle, and bulking. I'd keep it as is. When he goes to cut, I might switch it up.

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
Dunno, I would keep the creatine pre. SP only has 1gr per scoop or so, and there's evidence that more benefit is gained from pre-workout supplementation of creatine, over any other time.

The carbogain, as he is doing it, can help stave off an exercise induced cortisol spike. He's on cycle, and bulking. I'd keep it as is. When he goes to cut, I might switch it up.
Evidence? You can most likely find several right ups stating to take it pre and post. Some may say take it pre-workout to keep muscles saturated but the muscles should already be saturated if you've been taking for a couple weeks. Other's say take creatine post-workout with simple carbs and protein. Protein may help creatine synthesize, simple carbs may help the uptake and taking it post your body will most likely make better use of it.

Some creatines are to be taken pre-workout but mono is not one of those that have to be. Just my thoughts and what I found worked for myself and many others.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I recently read a paper that suggested that the reason the initial studies with creatine were so successful, and got such great results, was because they were dosing 5gr 4 times a day. This ensured that creatine wasn't just being stored, but actually circulating in the system, and that this causes greater strength gains than simply elevated stores.

As for post workout supplementation, it's fine, honestly, as far as eevated stores go, it doesn't matter when you take it, or with what.Any supplementation gets you what, an additional 8-10% increase in stored creatine? And doing it post workout with carbs and whey, the most efficient way to increase creatine absorbtion, gets you an additional 2%, maybe?

-ld rather forgo the 2% on the off chance the paper I read was correct in their findings and supplement pre-workout.

jaydollars

jaydollars

Awards
  • Established
I would take the superpump before workout, then drink the BCAA's starting before and intra, and the 6 scoops is what the dose on the xtend instructions say but it is not neccessary, you would be ok with 4, but if you are going low carb the more the better in my opinion

M

mikey00843

Awards
that is what the instructions on the can state for my body weight which is 250 lbs but i think i can cut back to 4. i do superpump about 30 min before my 5 am work out and during i take my bcaa. after work out i take 1/2 scoop carb powder. then off to work but before work i stop for breakfast downtown keeping it lite as there are too many wrong choices for hi fat food here in san antonio texas. Im keeping an eye on my diet too. so far the superpump. bcaa and carb powder seems to be working. got my pct ready to go and last note just recently started having kidney pains. I do drink lots of water and cranberry juice. i did do some creatine mono over the weekend and i may have over done that. but didnt drink much water during golf over the weekend or all weekend for that matter so tell me i told ya so and drink more. thanks for all the great advise guys. so far all the supps and halovar are starting to show as well as the progress in the gym.

jaydollars

jaydollars

Awards
  • Established
I don't know about your kidney pains, you may want to look around for info on what you are cycling, as for the xtend, I didn't realixe you are 250lbs, put the 6 scoops in then, haha I'm 165 and I take 4!!!!

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
I recently read a paper that suggested that the reason the initial studies with creatine were so successful, and got such great results, was because they were dosing 5gr 4 times a day. This ensured that creatine wasn't just being stored, but actually circulating in the system, and that this causes greater strength gains than simply elevated stores.

As for post workout supplementation, it's fine, honestly, as far as eevated stores go, it doesn't matter when you take it, or with what.Any supplementation gets you what, an additional 8-10% increase in stored creatine? And doing it post workout with carbs and whey, the most efficient way to increase creatine absorbtion, gets you an additional 2%, maybe?

-ld rather forgo the 2% on the off chance the paper I read was correct in their findings and supplement pre-workout.
I am not doubting what you have read. I've read similar studies with similar results along with other results. The best thing is to try several different ways and find out what works for the individual. For instance, loading for me is unnecessary and a waste of money. In the long run your muscles have absorbed all the creatine necessary without loading.

I still feel you have a pre-workout product containing creatine than it is best to take your mono post. If he is taking 2 scoops of sp250 that is 2G of creatine pre-workout. Take the other 5G post.

M

mikey00843

Awards
i will give that a try and see what happens

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I am not doubting what you have read. I've read similar studies with similar results along with other results. The best thing is to try several different ways and find out what works for the individual. For instance, loading for me is unnecessary and a waste of money. In the long run your muscles have absorbed all the creatine necessary without loading.

I still feel you have a pre-workout product containing creatine than it is best to take your mono post. If he is taking 2 scoops of sp250 that is 2G of creatine pre-workout. Take the other 5G post.
Fair enough. The nice thing is that no matter when he takes it, he'll reap the benefits. It's not AP or pslin that's supere sensitive to timing. :)

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
:cheers: TRUE
Fair enough. The nice thing is that no matter when he takes it, he'll reap the benefits. It's not AP or pslin that's supere sensitive to timing. :)