Myostatin Inhibition - again!

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Revolutionary New Myostatin Inhibitor Could Make Steroids Instantly Obsolete

Revolutionary New Myostatin Inhibitor Could Make Steroids Instantly Obsolete - ProSource.NET

New Supplement????

When it comes to research and development, perhaps the most difficult task of all is to "think outside the box." So much effort and investigation falls into the same well-worn grooves traveled by those who have gone before. As a result, if one company achieves some sales success with a product, you'll suddenly have hundreds of researchers working on minor variations of that technology.

In the case of bodybuilding, virtually all scientific investigation is always traveling in the same direction. How can we push more nutrients, more hormonal catalysts, more stimulants, into muscle tissue to spur more growth? We eat more and more, supplement more and more, work longer and harder, and yet, the absolute ceiling of muscle growth potential budges hardly at all.

Meanwhile, a staggering amount of research time and capital is expended in pursuit of new, quasi-legal, and often downright dangerous prohormone formulations, all designed to keep unscrupulous companies a half step ahead of the law. The health drawbacks of these products have been well documented over the years, and many of them produce no mass-gain benefits at all, but their popularity remains as undiminished as ever. At the same time, other athletes undergo expensive and time-consuming regimens of growth hormone injections, despite questions about the effects and benefits of these therapies.

This is human nature. We take what already exists and embellish. We don't stray from the well-lit paths. We attack the same problems in the same ways and expect new outcomes.

Now, however, the status quo may be about to change. Why? Because sometimes, all it takes is one man, asking the right question at the right time, to start a revolution.

"What if hormonal stimulation isn't the key to muscle growth?
What if we counteract the genetic limits to growth instead?"

Genius, it's been said, isn't about having all the answers; it's about asking amazing new questions. Sometimes—about once every decade or so—one iconoclastic visionary will simply wander away from the pack and busy himself in a remote corner of the R&D universe. What's he doing over there? The experts scarcely notice, intent as they are on duplicating each others' science.

In 2001, a published study from Johns Hopkins University documented the effects of a reduction in serum myostatin on muscle mass increase. Myostatin is a protein produced by a specific gene sequence in human DNA which has as its sole purpose the inhibition of muscle growth beyond certain preset limits. The Johns Hopkins researchers determined that as little as a 20% reduction in serum myostatin results in a very significant increase in muscle mass.

The study didn't create much of a stir. It certainly did little to change the "business as usual" approach of the big supplement companies. (It did, however, produce a flurry of investigation and experimentation in the pharmaceutical realm, none of which has produced tangible or useful results.)

But one supplement industry expert took notice. The CEO and Medical Director of Peak Wellness, Inc., Carlon Colker, has been one of the premier researchers in the supplement field for decades, and has researched and/or designed many of the popular dietary supplements available today. If anyone had an incentive to cling to the status quo, it was Dr. Colker. But he didn't. Instead, he asked himself, "What if hormonal stimulation isn't the key to muscle growth? What if we counteract the genetic limits to growth instead?"

This insightful question marked the beginning of what was to become an eight-year-long journey filled with many successes and some setbacks, and has culminated in the launch of MYO-T12â„¢, the world's first clinically validated myostatin modulator. As the projected date of its introduction approaches (MYO-T12â„¢ should be available in September 2009), the supplement establishment which once ignored Dr. Colker's studies now waits apprehensively to see if his invention will change forever the accepted methodologies of muscle mass increase.

If it does, and certainly the clinical data suggests that just such a revolution may be in the offing, then athletes can say goodbye to steroids and GH augmentation. Because a new and more effective technology will have taken their places.

Clinical study breakthrough: MYO-T12™ reduced myostatin production in only 12 hours by an average of 46% among study subjects with just a single serving†�

Spurred by his belief that myostatin inhibition represents by far the most powerful strategy for promoting dramatic muscular gains (even more powerful than anabolic steroids or growth hormone), Dr. Colker devoted years of research to isolating a viable myostatin inhibitor. Along the way, he made several highly promising scientific breakthroughs (some of which were documented in two landmark clinical studies) and encountered a few temporary setbacks (particularly with regard to raw materials refinement and processing). And then, in April of 2009, his efforts were rewarded in spectacular fashion.

In a clinical study conducted in that month, ten healthy adult male human subjects were administered a single portion of MYO-T12â„¢. After baseline myostatin testing, subjects received a single serving bolus of 10 grams. Results showed an average baseline myostatin level of 27.5pg/ml before supplementation, which is consistent with previous studies which have indicated that men ages 20-55 have serum myostatin levels at or around 30pg/ml. Between 12-18 hours after dosing, average serum myostatin declined to 12.6pg/ml with every subject responding positively. This represented a 46% drop in myostatin from baseline across all ten subjects. Afterwards, at the 24-30 hour time point, the average myostatin level completely normalized, with a mean value of 28.1pg/ml.

Needless to say, the implications of this result are extraordinary. If, as the Johns Hopkins study attests, a 20% reduction in serum myostatin sets the stage for significant increases in muscle growth, then what will a 46% reduction achieve? We can be certain that there are a great number of athletes who would like to find out the answer to that question via personal experience!

MYO-T12â„¢ contains the same active ingredient used in the study cited above and is manufactured via a multiple-step "high-grade handling" process utilizing a new and advanced method of production. This refinement, achieved without resorting to the irradiation and centrifuging that caused ingredient instability in earlier versions of myostatin inhibitors, has resulted in much greater potency (more than 6 times that of earlier products) and optimal biological activity.

It should be noted, too, that Dr. Colker's technology is derived from all-natural sources and that its effect is strictly temporary, with myostatin levels returning to normal within 24-30 hours of supplementation. (This, certainly, is a claim that the makers of steroids/prohormones cannot make.)

Transcending the genetic limits that stand between you and your ideal physique

A scientific breakthrough of historic proportions, MYO-T12â„¢ represents the most powerful natural inhibitor of myostatin of its kind known to science today. It is a testament to Dr. Colker's perseverance in overcoming many obstacles (both scientific and legal) that MYO-T12â„¢ is now being made available to athletes who have long desired real physique enhancement unaccompanied by the health concerns forever linked to steroids and other quasi-legal performance enhancers.

By its very nature, this technology is an alternative and synergistic approach to mass gain that can be combined with well-established methods of supplementation ( proteins, creatines, fat burners). Clearly the ramifications of such a technology should be very exciting to any athlete who has ever been frustrated by genetic muscle-building limitations.

As we've said, the projected release date for MYO-T12™ is September of this year. We'll keep you posted on developments related to this incredibly exciting new product. If MYO-T12™ meets the expectations it has quite naturally fostered in the light of recent clinical testing, we could be looking at a radically changed supplement marketplace—and an entirely different sport of bodybuilding—at this time next year!

†� MYO-T12 Study--Pub Pending.

Revolutionary New Myostatin Inhibitor Could Make Steroids Instantly Obsolete - ProSource.NET

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
if anyone wants this product and is willing to spend the money i have a proposition for you. meet with me in person, give me the money you would have spent on this product, i will in turn kick you in the nuts, and we'll call it a day. it's a bit more physically paonfull but you'll still be out your money and left feeling hurt.

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
That's funny sh1t . Add to that "hand you a tub full of flour so you think you are taking something"

jaydollars

jaydollars

Awards
  • Established
It would be nice to see this stuff used in real world bodybuilder testers, if it actually worked.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Weren't the some people that ran or were going to run one of the new age inhibitors?

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
they send me a free one month supply, i'll test it and log it.

if it works they'll have no problem going for that. in fact i'll email the company now.

EDIT* nvm, it's bullsh*t. ingredients nothing special...

Myo-T12- Vanilla- 300 grams
Serving Size: 10 Grams (1 Scoop)
Servings Per Container: 30
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value *
Calories: 50
Calories from Fat 0
Total Fat 2.5 g 4%
Saturated fat 1 g 5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 35 mg 2%
Sodium 10 mg 0%
Total Carbohydrate 5 g 2%
Dietary Fiber 2 g 8%
Sugars 3 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 45%
Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0%
Iron 4%
Other Ingredients: fecunded G. gallus domesticus isolate (fertile egg yolk isolate), fructose, natural and artificial flavor.

Allergen Warning: This product contains egg products and/or its components.

* Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie per day diet.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
they send me a free one month supply, i'll test it and log it.

if it works...
It won't. There's definitely something special in the ingredients, that egg yoke protein will have the claimed effect. At about three orders of magnitude a higher dose. Which is only slightly over stated.

Screwtape

Screwtape

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Another product made from fertile egg yolks, which contain follistatin. Like I mentioned in the other thread, follistatin is a proteoglycan and would be slaughtered by the digestive tract.

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
Ach...
I'd rather get Banner's dose of gamma rays.
That way when I want to grow I will just get angry.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Would it be feasible as a transdermal?
It might be feasible in some other delivery form, but I doubt transdermal. I think the weight is too much. Maybe something like IBE's old tropin delivery system would work, who knows. Point is for this stuff as is, you'd need a constant feedbag sized chow down method to get any into circulation, and then I think it's even questionable as to whether or not lowering serum myostatin in humans is in and of itself enough to get growth. Plus who knows if gains are keepable.

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
I might not be as advanced a chemist as a lot of you guys, but I am very doubtful that fertile egg yolks have that type of muscle building potential.
Maybe if they actually tinkered with DNA to break genetic potential it would be a feasible enterprise.
I am just thinking it is the same overblown advertising used with ecdy and other natural products saying they have fear like gain potential.
Ecdy and similar works well in the right potency, with the right extract and the right timing, but does not touch gear or related stuff.
Really skeptical.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Really skeptical.
As you should be. There's no doubt about the science underneath this stuff, but the practical application of taking it, getting enough of it into circulation to actually supress serum myostatin, whether or not that will do anything useful, and then possibly growing and keeping some hooge muskles, is something else entirely. Just like the physics of a rocket are simple, getting someone to the moon or beyond is another matter.

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
As you should be. There's no doubt about the science underneath this stuff, but the practical application of taking it, getting enough of it into circulation to actually supress serum myostatin, whether or not that will do anything useful, and then possibly growing and keeping some hooge muskles, is something else entirely. Just like the physics of a rocket are simple, getting someone to the moon or beyond is another matter.
Also whether it is safe, how long it is safe to take and whether the price is worth it.
On other sites most of the guys promoting this have very few posts on anything else.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Also whether it is safe, how long it is safe to take and whether the price is worth it.
On other sites most of the guys promoting this have very few posts on anything else.
Back in the day we used to call that "a clue." It's called marketing. And it's needed, because this stuff is even more useless than the usual crop of herbals you usually get.

Screwtape

Screwtape

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't think there is much potential in oral follistatin supplements. Now, histone deacetylase (HDAC) inhibitors on the other hand are effective at increasing follistatin secretion. There's nothing cheap and readily available yet, but the potential is there.
Google 'HDAC inhibitors'+'follistatin'.

Vengeance187

Vengeance187

Awards
but the practical application of taking it, getting enough of it into circulation to actually supress serum myostatin, whether or not that will do anything useful...
Follistatin does more than just lower myostatin. I saw a study where they administered follistatin to mice that already had the myostatin gene knocked out so they weren't producing myostatin(so they were already big to begin with). After recieving the follistatin their muscles grew even larger; and since you can't block myostatin in a subject that can't produce it, it suggests that myostatin inhibition is only part of follistatin's muscle building equation.

Vengeance187

Vengeance187

Awards
"NO and cGMP induce expression of follistatin, and this secreted protein mediates their action in myogenesis."

Maybe NO supplements aren't as useless as most people(me) thought?:sleepy:

[take out the space, can't post links yet]
h ttp://jcb.rupress.org/cgi/content/abstract/172/2/233

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Follistatin does more than just lower myostatin. I saw a study where they administered follistatin to mice that already had the myostatin gene knocked out so they weren't producing myostatin(so they were already big to begin with). After recieving the follistatin their muscles grew even larger; and since you can't block myostatin in a subject that can't produce it, it suggests that myostatin inhibition is only part of follistatin's muscle building equation.
And to be blunt, mice ain't humans and studies ain't the real world. Not to knock down your studies, I haven't read them yet, but there's every reason to be skeptical of this crap and no reason to think it would do anything to help build muscle.