I need an alternative to white flood, what to try?

fst89lx

Awards
I LOVE White Flood! I mean LOVE IT! Until this past week. 1 serving (2scoops) would keep me focused and energized for my entire workout, 4 days a week without fail. Now I get basically NOTHING from it.

History -- Since ~ January of 2008, I've went through 4 tubs of White Flood (I'm on my 5th right now). I have had JP8 Grape, Original USP Jacked, N.O. Explode, and WTF Pumped mixed in that time frame as well. During that time frame, White Flood outperformed all of the others listed by a very noticeable amount for me.

I just got off of a 30 day Mdrol cycle ~ 2 weeks ago. During the cycle I took absolutely NO stimulants, NO energy drinks, NO caffeine pills, and NO White Flood.

After my cycle was over I began to use my beloved White Flood again but something was different. The first dose, I got some slight BA tingles and stim effect but NOWHERE near as much as I used to. Now it has went from a very small effect to absolutely nothing at all.

So, I guess it's time to move on to another pre-W/O supp. But I don't know which one. What can you guys recommend (Other than what I have previously listed) that should produce results?

*edit* I forgot to add that I've also had N.O. Shotgun as well.

jaydollars

jaydollars

Awards
  • Established
I take white flood 4 times a week as well, but now I add about 2-3 grams each of bulk beta alanine and AAKG, that combined with stim from white flood feel fantastic, if you notice a lot of pwo drinks have lots of caffiene and only a liitle of the good stuff, buy these bulk at nutra and add to any of your favorite pwo's, then you get an awesome pump

Greek Elite

Greek Elite

Awards
Was your dosing timing the same? (ie did you eat more closely to taking WF this recent time?) Plus if you only used it once this most recent time, could just be a settled scoop.
Be sure to also shake up the tub in case you have had it sitting for a while..

Plus I find that drinking enough water is a huge component for the BA tingles and energy.

IMO if you have it, may as well use it right. Maybe give it another go next time, play with the timing and be sure to shake up the tub and put an update in here.

fst89lx

Awards
Timing is the same (I take it after I get out of work on my way to they gym, same time every day) Water intake is fine usually round 1.25-1.5 gal per day. I also shake the container every couple of days or so.

I hate to have to add anything to it to make it work, another thing I loved about WF is its value.

I've got a bottle of caffeine sitting on the counter, I guess I'll start adding that in and see if it helps at all. It is just very discouraging to me that it went from totally awesome to nothing :(

jaydollars

jaydollars

Awards
  • Established
I understand not wanting to add anything, but you are missing out on the added benefits of the extra beta alanine and AAKG, once you try you will be very happy, also the bulk products are dirt cheap, each one will last you a year for like 15 each

millerni

Awards
Check out the new ragNOrok ultra from MST. Great looking profile. I've also had some great results from RPM.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Try RPM, it's really effective stuff.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anadraulic State - I haven't found anything to top this.

Others...

Smash Fully Loaded
Ragnarok
Jack3d is popular, but I've never tried it.

fst89lx

Awards
Irish Cannon, does LG offer samples of Anadraulic State?

fst89lx

Awards
glad you enjoy white flood, but its not the product, you need to cycle off of stims/caffeine for a few weeks before trying it again. you need to give your adrenals some time off.
I was off for 30 days or so while I was on Mdrol... Should I do another couple of weeks stim free again??

I am going to de-load next week since my lifts are plateauing anyway, I'll stop taking it for the rest of this week as well.

*also* today I took a caffeine tab ~1/2hr before I took my White Flood, all that did was make me feel sick during my workout :( Which is weird because stims don't usually have that effect on me. Only Ephedrine would do that to me back in the day when I would take wayyyy too much.

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Give Axis Labs SMASH Fully Loaded a try.

I have had great success with some others that were already suggested also.

CONTROLLED LABS

CONTROLLED LABS

PROnom 23.... NOM NOM NOM
Awards
  • Established
I was off for 30 days or so while I was on Mdrol... Should I do another couple of weeks stim free again??

I am going to de-load next week since my lifts are plateauing anyway, I'll stop taking it for the rest of this week as well.

*also* today I took a caffeine tab ~1/2hr before I took my White Flood, all that did was make me feel sick during my workout :( Which is weird because stims don't usually have that effect on me. Only Ephedrine would do that to me back in the day when I would take wayyyy too much.
yeah, I would take 10 more days off and jump back on. have you tried the new raspberry white flood?

fst89lx

Awards
yeah, I would take 10 more days off and jump back on. have you tried the new raspberry white flood?

LOL no. I put in my order for white flood & other stuff @ nutra and then shortly thereafter I read a thread about the new white raspberry flavor being available @ nutra I was like NOOOOOOOO :puppy_dog_eyes:

Not saying the lemonade is bad, it's pretty damn good IMO but I think I'd like the raspberry better.

CONTROLLED LABS

CONTROLLED LABS

Awards
  • Established
LOL no. I put in my order for white flood & other stuff @ nutra and then shortly thereafter I read a thread about the new white raspberry flavor being available @ nutra I was like NOOOOOOOO :puppy_dog_eyes:

Not saying the lemonade is bad, it's pretty damn good IMO but I think I'd like the raspberry better.
check my signature to get a free sample of the white flood raspberry flavor :)

ktatro1

ktatro1

Awards
  • Established
Palo Alto labs also has a product called Reset AD that nutra sells for cheap. Its an adrenal upregulator for adrenal fatigue. It should help re-sensitize and upregulate your glands again. That or just do as Controlled says. Time will work, just takes longer. This will speed up the process a bit.

CONTROLLED LABS

CONTROLLED LABS

Awards
  • Established
Palo Alto labs also has a product called Reset AD that nutra sells for cheap. Its an adrenal upregulator for adrenal fatigue. It should help re-sensitize and upregulate your glands again. That or just do as Controlled says. Time will work, just takes longer. This will speed up the process a bit.
yup, time is the best medicine :)

fst89lx

Awards
I wanted to get reset ad but I needed to get my order in by the 24th to get the AI promo deal and reset was out of stock. It'll have to wait until my next order.

CONTROLLED LABS

CONTROLLED LABS

Awards
  • Established
I wanted to get reset ad but I needed to get my order in by the 24th to get the AI promo deal and reset was out of stock. It'll have to wait until my next order.
save your money and just take 10 days off of stims/caffeine before starting white flood. you will be glad you did :)

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
white flood is half the price per workout ;)
This is certainly not correct. You do not know how much Jack3d people dose per workout, on average. I think you should just let the users decide, rather than influencing the discussion in a particular direction.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is certainly not correct. You do not know how much Jack3d people dose per workout, on average. I think you should just let the users decide, rather than influencing the discussion in a particular direction.
Strategic is right on with this. Many people, me being one of them, only need 1 to 1.5 scoops of Jack3d at the most to have an amazing workout. At 1 scoop per workout I am good for 8+ weeks of workouts being that there are 45 servings. I cannot find a better deal and more effective pre-workout product out there that has stims but then again, I stopped looking after finding Jack3d.

CONTROLLED LABS

CONTROLLED LABS

Awards
  • Established
just going by what each product says on the label (what the company suggests). yours says 3 scoops which is 15 servings per container, ours says 2 scoops (1 serving), so 50 servings per container. figure in the price and ours is about half the price. simple deductive reasoning, not influencing either side. just stating a pure fact with no speculation. If I said "white flood is better" then I would agree with you, but I would never say that, I let customers decide opinion type answers. :) (some may use less than 2 scoops for white flood and less than 3 scoops of your product, but just going by the suggested amount on each label)

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
just going by what each product says on the label (what the company suggests). yours says 3 scoops which is 15 servings per container, ours says 2 scoops (1 serving), so 50 servings per container. figure in the price and ours is about half the price. simple deductive reasoning, not influencing either side. just stating a pure fact with no speculation. If I said "white flood is better" then I would agree with you, but I would never say that, I let customers decide opinion type answers. :) (some may use less than 2 scoops for white flood and less than 3 scoops of your product, but just going by the suggested amount on each label)
I do not want to stretch this discussion, nor do I want to get into the semantics of the meaning of "better" (as in "greater value-for-money", "superior formula", and so on). I believe the current and potential users of both products, or their many alternatives, are without question in a position to do the "simple deductive reasoning". Fortunately, price per maximum dose is not always the decisive driver for purchase decisions.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
^This is very much the truth Strategic. I believe I can speak for many when I say that very few take the max dose of Jack3d each workout, especially evening trainers like myself. I don't know how White Flood compares and if there really is an "equivalent" dose of the two, but like controlled labs said, it is up the customer to decide. Lot's of positive feedback and supporters of both; to each their own!

SynergyIre

Awards
  • Established
just going by what each product says on the label (what the company suggests). yours says 3 scoops which is 15 servings per container, ours says 2 scoops (1 serving), so 50 servings per container. figure in the price and ours is about half the price.
Actually this is no longer the case. Certainly two great products, both with loyal fans.

If you love white flood, try going stim free a bit longer, or try something like DominATP with free refresh ( while still available ) as a stim free option, to keep you going a for a few more weeks. Then definitely retry white flood.

If it works again for you, awesome, if not give jack3d a shot. They are different stim blends for sure. Which ever works best for you

gich

Awards
I seem to find taking stims every other day and limiting it to days where i feel like i need it I can get awesome results out of a whole tub of white flood.
When I first started taking reset ad i had just bought another tub of WF from being off stims for months and damnmnnn it had a scary effect :stupid: :knockedout:

CONTROLLED LABS

CONTROLLED LABS

Awards
  • Established
^This is very much the truth Strategic. I believe I can speak for many when I say that very few take the max dose of Jack3d each workout, especially evening trainers like myself. I don't know how White Flood compares and if there really is an "equivalent" dose of the two, but like controlled labs said, it is up the customer to decide. Lot's of positive feedback and supporters of both; to each their own!
correct and many use only 1-1.5 scoops (half serving) of white flood as well with great effects, same person who cuts one in half would cut the other in half so the price comparison still stands
I seem to find taking stims every other day and limiting it to days where i feel like i need it I can get awesome results out of a whole tub of white flood.
When I first started taking reset ad i had just bought another tub of WF from being off stims for months and damnmnnn it had a scary effect :stupid: :knockedout:
glad you love white flood :)

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll be trying preMAX when it comes out. It will be the first pre-workout that i didnt make myself in years. That is saying a lot...

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll be trying preMAX when it comes out. It will be the first pre-workout that i didnt make myself in years. That is saying a lot...
Hahah. I used to be the same way. Anytime someone mentioned a pre-workout drink to me I'd say, "You can make a far better one yourself for cheaper." - Now I'm hooked on AS. I've never had anything like it. I definitely enjoy White Flood and Smash FL, too. - I'm also now a big fan of Hemodraulix. I like to keep that on hand.

WhirlyBird

Awards
if you are still looking for something that does not contain creatine SNS has Focus XT is pretty good stuff.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
if you are still looking for something that does not contain creatine SNS has Focus XT is pretty good stuff.
I always wanted to try this. I dig those focus/neurotransmitter products. Anadraulic State does a great job of getting me focused, but the addition of Focus XT would be quite nice, I'm sure. I already add ALCAR to my blend.