What is the best multi-vitamin?

Wudog

Wudog

Awards
  • Established
So i currently almost done with my first bottle of Orange Triads and I guess I'm not that impressed. I don't know exactly what I was expecting...but yea..not feeling them. Specially at $32 for 45 days....

What do you recommend and why? I was looking at ADAM and Opti-Men.......would stay with Orange Triads if there was a legit reason too.....

Throw the info out there..I need to buy something here in about 10 days....

Wilderbeast

Wilderbeast

Awards
  • Established
I would look into Optimum Foods Whole food multi-vitamin. It is a complete multi loaded with anti-oxidants, and the best part is EVERY ingredient comes directly from a whole food source. A slightly cheaper option would be Garden of life's MENs daily vitamin. It is the identical formula to Optimum Food's whole food multi (they bought the license to the formula from OF when OF came out with a new formula.) Outside of that, most vitamins, especially the cheap ones, are just chemically derived nutrients that are not as effective as whole food sources.

BEAST

Wudog

Wudog

Awards
  • Established
I would look into Optimum Foods Whole food multi-vitamin. It is a complete multi loaded with anti-oxidants, and the best part is EVERY ingredient comes directly from a whole food source. A slightly cheaper option would be Garden of life's MENs daily vitamin. It is the identical formula to Optimum Food's whole food multi (they bought the license to the formula from OF when OF came out with a new formula.) Outside of that, most vitamins, especially the cheap ones, are just chemically derived nutrients that are not as effective as whole food sources.

BEAST
where is a good place to buy the Optimum Foods Whole Food multi-vitamin?

Wilderbeast

Wilderbeast

Awards
  • Established
Honestly I get it from a local vitamin store. I'd check local retailers, private retailers are your best bet, i.e. not "GNC" or "The Vitamin Shoppe".

BEAST

ryanp81

ryanp81

Awards
  • Established
IMO MVP by Millennium sport technologies, good amount of the basics as well as some adaptogens and digestive enzymes ( bromelian, aloe )....the best multivitamin I've found and the price is good ( about 20 bucks for a month ) Request some samples of it from there site.

Wudog

Wudog

Awards
  • Established
Honestly I get it from a local vitamin store. I'd check local retailers, private retailers are your best bet, i.e. not "GNC" or "The Vitamin Shoppe".

BEAST
Ok I checked on Nutraplanet and supplementwarehouse no luck.....

kikuyu

Awards
please check multi pro 32 by ast sports science....the best multi vitamins available by far.. its obove n beyond

martink

Awards
IMO MVP by Millennium sport technologies, good amount of the basics as well as some adaptogens and digestive enzymes ( bromelian, aloe )....the best multivitamin I've found and the price is good ( about 20 bucks for a month ) Request some samples of it from there site.
got to agree, but add in ZMK as well imo

HYBRID

HYBRID

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
please check multi pro 32 by ast sports science....the best multi vitamins available by far.. its obove n beyond
This is the Multi Vit I use as awell. Good and affordable.

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
What do you expect to feel from vitamins?

elgenyo

elgenyo

Awards
  • Established
What do you expect to feel from vitamins?
My sentiments exactly. Taking a multivitamin is supposed to compensate for our less than optimal diets. I don't expect night/day difference out of my multivitamin. Currently I am on DX7 but I recently switched from Animal Pak and Multi 32.

I like DX7, its not that expensive either.

Wudog

Wudog

Awards
  • Established
I believe I should feel different then normal......tha'ts for sure

liftin4fun

Awards
  • Established
I currently use AST Multi pro vitamins. Good price.

Imnotascoolas

Awards
I use ADAM. But it recently tested at like 3x the max daily recommendation for selenium. Not 3x RDA, 3x max you can take into your body in a day!

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
im takin adam now and i need to find something else..i was really disappointed with now foods

enswalters

Awards
Orange Triad. Great multi, plus joint support, immune support, and digestion enzymes, all in 1 bottle.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I use ADAM. But it recently tested at like 3x the max daily recommendation for selenium. Not 3x RDA, 3x max you can take into your body in a day!
Well, it's time to contact NOW foods and bitch, because I do not whant to stop taking ADAM. What are the dangers of that much selinium?

Imnotascoolas

Awards
Well, it's time to contact NOW foods and bitch, because I do not whant to stop taking ADAM. What are the dangers of that much selinium?
What is the health risk of too much selenium?
High blood levels of selenium (greater than 100 μg/dL) can result in a condition called selenosis [63]. Symptoms of selenosis include gastrointestinal upsets, hair loss, white blotchy nails, garlic breath odor, fatigue, irritability, and mild nerve damage [2].

Selenium toxicity is rare in the U.S. The few reported cases have been associated with industrial accidents and a manufacturing error that led to an excessively high dose of selenium in a supplement [64,65]. The Institute of Medicine of the National Academy of Sciences has set a tolerable upper intake level (UL) for selenium at 400 micrograms per day for adults to prevent the risk of developing selenosis [12]. Table 4 lists ULs for selenium, in micrograms per day, for infants, children, and adults.

Imnotascoolas

Awards
I went and looked up the testing though, and I was wrong it had to much folic acid not selenium. 2,070 mcg of Folic Acid to be specific. Upper Limit is 1000. All that really means is there could be some affect on the absorption of b12 and if you were deficient in b12 it would mask the symptoms and it may not be diagnosed. Now that I've looked into it more I'm less concerned, the upper limit is where it's at mostly to avoid the masking of b12 deficiency the b12 absorption issues are really just theories I think.

BTW Spell check is telling me Folic is wrong and suggests correcting it to Fellatio... :/

qwerty33

qwerty33

Awards
  • Established
i use aor ortho core. has anyone like opti-men or aor mulit-basics 3?

CONTROLLED LABS

CONTROLLED LABS

PROnom 23.... NOM NOM NOM
Awards
  • Established
Orange Triad. Great multi, plus joint support, immune support, and digestion enzymes, all in 1 bottle.
exactly, you get so much from it and at 29.99 for 45 days its a steal for what it is. the dosing and vitamins/mineral forms used are great as well.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Check my post I had posted on the subject several times, I even have a chart of the top rated Multis in the world. I go with Source Naturals, the have the most bang for the buck.

gymdevil25

gymdevil25

Awards
So i currently almost done with my first bottle of Orange Triads and I guess I'm not that impressed. I don't know exactly what I was expecting...but yea..not feeling them. Specially at $32 for 45 days....

What do you recommend and why? I was looking at ADAM and Opti-Men.......would stay with Orange Triads if there was a legit reason too.....

Throw the info out there..I need to buy something here in about 10 days....
I use and definitely recommend Natures Plus Source of Life Multi. Every one of their products come with a lab analysis of that product. What's great about the multi is that it's organic the values are high and they throw in some extras...spirulina, bee pollen, ginseng, and chlorophyll just to name a few.

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I use a basic multivitamin such as One A Days and then add some individual vitamins throughout the day.

juice3320

juice3320

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Orange Triad is probably the most complete. However, the best multi is honestly just the one you can afford to buy! :D It's always better to go with one then without one.

CONTROLLED LABS

CONTROLLED LABS

PROnom 23.... NOM NOM NOM
Awards
  • Established
Orange Triad is probably the most complete. However, the best multi is honestly just the one you can afford to buy! :D It's always better to go with one then without one.
agreed, but it allows you to drop your joint supp, then it becomes cheaper than most on the market with that savings ;)

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I like my vitalizer strip. It is time releasead threw out the day and very jam pacdked.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What is the worst multi. I think juice + has the worst products that supposdly have vitamins and minerals in there.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
got to agree, but add in ZMK as well imo
MVP is my favorite
Thanks for all the support everyone. thank you also Ev!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Wudog Supplements 24
botk1161 Supplements 30
Wudog Supplements 13
Wudog Supplements 0
Wudog Supplements 0