Suppressing Cortisol? is it hype?

bigbeef

bigbeef

Awards
  • Established
Ok I have a few questions. I read more and more that cortisol is the cause of stomach fat. I read aabout high cortisol symptoms and I must be the person they are looking for to put a picture beside the definition. I have lower abdominal fat and handles that just wont go away and a round face, but all the rest of my body is lean and defined. I have always stuggled with fat in these areas and now that I am getting older and have some build up it just stays and stays. I have dieted for over a year and doing cardio. Lost 30lbs but lower abs and handles are there to stay. I am just wondering if all this cortisol talk is hype or for real or what.
I have read about suppress c but mixed reviews on many boards to say the least. I mean some post say they love it and will use it again but according to their stats it did not help at all and almost looked as if it hurt.
So my question is, is suppressing cortisol a worthy endeavor or just hype. If it is a good thing to look in to, what are some good products to try

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
my advice is to research more about cortisol and see if it makes sense... Obviously sense it is a stress hormone and we put our bodies through so much stress it is too high in the average person... so controlling it would be key for long term fitness goals...

Tansui

Tansui

Awards
  • Established
... If it is a good thing to look in to, what are some good products to try
After Searching far and wide for myself I decided on Siberian Rhodiola Rosea. There are alot of options SRR is pretty inexpensive and has been researched for 100s (maybe 1000s) of years... so it sounded like a winner to me.

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
I looked in to that a while back as well and although i didn't keep any info i do remember Rhodiola Rosea, as mentioned above, and 7-keto DHEA being useful.

bmw8591

Awards
  • Established
11-oxo, which NP is thinking about carrying in bulk and you can give your input about that in the NP sub forum, is suppose to be an excellent cort blocker. I am also very interested in trying suppress C by CEL. I would like to see what a localized cort blocker can do...

bigbeef

bigbeef

Awards
  • Established
After Searching far and wide for myself I decided on Siberian Rhodiola Rosea. There are alot of options SRR is pretty inexpensive and has been researched for 100s (maybe 1000s) of years... so it sounded like a winner to me.
did you try it yourself, or just research it? If you did try it did you get good results? Either way thanks for help.
I am definitely high stress. Rocky marriage over the past 3 years, fire fighter, and own my own construction company and I think we all know what the housing market is like

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I looked in to that a while back as well and although i didn't keep any info i do remember Rhodiola Rosea, as mentioned above, and 7-keto DHEA being useful.
yeap but works wonders for abdominal fat in TD solution like the old Dermatherm by PP

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Go with EndoAmp Max by PP this stuff is AWESOME IS EXPENSIVE BUT REALLY DO THE JOB!

JM0

JM0

Awards
Yohimbine is very effective for stubborn fat. Maybe give that a try.

bigbeef

bigbeef

Awards
  • Established
I tried yohimbine years ago with no real results. I am a lot more disciplined with diet now though. I used to rely on illegal "but good" substances too much and kept a sloppy diet.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Yohimbine is very effective for stubborn fat. Maybe give that a try.
I thinmk yohimbine stimultes(through a nonstimulatory mechanism) the fight or flight mecanism, which should actually increase cortisol.

crowbar46

Awards
  • Established
I have (and do still) use Rhodiola by Biotest (BY FAR the purest standardized extract), but not for cortisol modulation--which I can't see any appreciable effects on.

I have, however, recently begun using EndoMax from Primordial (with phosphatidyl serine, among other ingredients) during a current PCT. I have to admit, I'm pretty damn impressed! I've been eating like a hog--and not all that clean--yet I'm sill NOT gaining weight, and I appear to be leaning out some in the gut!

Actually, compared with other products that contain just the phosphatidyl serine without the additional ingredients, its very well priced at $50 for a full dose for 29 days. For example, NOW brand PS will run you $80/month to use 800 mg./day (the same dose in EndoMax)--the dose most strongly correlated with significant cortisol reduction in the research literature.

Crowbar

Tansui

Tansui

Awards
  • Established
did you try it yourself, or just research it? If you did try it did you get good results? Either way thanks for help.
I am definitely high stress. Rocky marriage over the past 3 years, fire fighter, and own my own construction company and I think we all know what the housing market is like
I've been using SRR for about 2.5 weeks now and I am having great results IMO but I've added several sups to my regiment so it my be a combination of factors. I'm also taking DHEA* which some studies show has an anti cortisol effect. I considered HMB aswell (nutros.com/nsr-0202o.html) but opted for the one with the longest history (SRR)

*"...DHEA May Block Cortisol’s Catabolic (Breakdown) Effects On Muscle Tissue
Other discussions at the DHEA conference centered on the Cortisol - DHEA relationship. Cortisol is a catabolic (tissue breakdown) inducing stress hormone. Exercise has been shown to significantly raise serum cortisol levels. These exercise- induced, elevated cortisol levels may contribute profoundly to catabolic effects on muscle tissue. DHEA has been shown to block some acute effects of stress induced cortisol release. " - ast-ss.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=16&products_id=186

Rep me and check out my "The Manhattan Project" blog

Last edited:
nomoredex

nomoredex

Awards
  • Established
cortisol suppressing supplements are no hype since cortisol tells your body to store fat, but it will only work if thats the cause of your body fat, you need something that addresses the problem in more then one way,
for a fat burning supplement i recommend Diablos Hyperburn 6.0,Diablos ECA Fire Caps and Meltdown Fat Assault Z-14 iPhoric by vpx

bigbeef

bigbeef

Awards
  • Established
Ok I have palced some orders on the different products recomended and will do some experimenting and keep everyone posted.

Tansui

Tansui

Awards
  • Established
I'm watching, curious to see how the Hyperburn, Fire Caps and Z-14 work out

bigbeef

bigbeef

Awards
  • Established
tansui, that is not the combo I am going to start out with but may work my way to it. I spent way too much money on supplements yesterday but have enough stuff to experiment for a long time. I order some 11 oxo, 11-sterone, eviserate(may add some clen in it but will probably use first bottle straight up), endoamp, some ssr. And just so everyone knows I am not using them all at once. Going to be pretty sytematic to my approach so I can give accurate feedback on which supps work well. have been on a good diet for about a year now and have gotten down to those last hard to remove pounds so I will keep everyone up to date. And by the way NP has some of the fastest service I have seen in my life

jaydollars

jaydollars

Awards
  • Established
FYI I have heard great things about 11-oxo, just don't double the dose because it can convert to higher amounts of 11-oxotestosterone, which I believe the only reason you want to take 11-oxo is so that it inhibits cortisol, and you don't want to have any shutdown, which in 11-oxo's case it should not do much of anyway

I was thinking of running this product in my next cut, haha which starts in January of course, just researching now if it is ok to take after a test booster or not

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
cortisol suppressing supplements are no hype since cortisol tells your body to store fat
I'll just share some of my experiences. I've had general anxiety for a number of years now. I've had cortisol testing. Slightly higher levels. I've tried phos serine as well as relora. I really haven't noticed any difference in stress or in my levels while on these supplements. I also have not noticed any reduction in fat loss while on those supplements. I have not noticed any significant weight gain with higher cortisol levels. My abdominal area is always the hardest area to get off that extra little bit of fat but so is it for a majority of guys. Guys tend to carry weight around the middle when they gain it. Doesn't this have to do more with genetics and make up?

ergopharm needs to take a person that is "skinny fat". Athletic body fat level of minus 13% and still has a pouch and put them on 11-oxo. Run a 2 month cycle. Proven high cortisol levels before and run a test 1 month in and at the end of the 2 month cycle. Make them not change their exercise routine.. just add the supplement and see what their results are. Before and after pics and measurements. If there are sigificant results then that would raise a eyebrow but supplement companies don't do it.. you know why? It's mostly HYPE! I liked 6-oxo but I have serious suspicions about what was actually in that product.

jaydollars

jaydollars

Awards
  • Established
I aggree with flaw, get some testers, I think maybe people just believe everything Patrick Arnold says and think his products are the best, I would love to see someone log 11-oxo, but on the other hand a lot of good things are said about this product, not many negative feedback from what I can find