dopamine

  1. dopamine


    Does anyone know anything out there to skyrocket dopamine levels??? Or care to share a lil knowledge about dopamine levels in realation to libido and sleep ?


  2. there was some good stuff said in this thread about ldopa

    1-Carboxy and GABA

  3. a new girlfriend...
    •   
       


  4. l-tyrosine, 3 grams one hour after a meal.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by ritchy View Post
    l-tyrosine, 3 grams one hour after a meal.
    whats the reason behind this

  6. Quote Originally Posted by giantbrandon View Post
    whats the reason behind this
    You don`t want other amino acids present in high quantity`s when you take l-tyrosine. Try it, it works very well.

  7. 3 grams sounds like a lot

  8. Quote Originally Posted by giantbrandon View Post
    3 grams sounds like a lot
    Since most companies use their secret blends you don`t know how much you`re gettting, but biotest power drive uses 3 grams. I`ve even gone up to 5 without any sides.

  9. lol some mdma will do the trick

  10. Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    lol some mdma will do the trick
    Dosen`t that increase serotonin levels? Speed increases the dopamine levels.

  11. yea actually amphetamines trick the body into producing it. mdma is just good all around

  12. Ldopa argument ... 1-carboxy and GABA ... I wouldn't worry about the risks. There arn't any.

    Very little Ldopa / 1-carboxy gets to the the brain its converted before it can get there (into dopamine). Gaba although it does relax, can't get into the brain. 5HTP -> serotonin is more of a concern 'cause that might cause heart converting outside the brain.

    If you get hold of some carbidopa then you are in business. Its not easy to get hold of by itself, in fact I dunno where you get it standalone. If you found some drop a note here.

    B6 will 'cause a jump in dopamine p5p that sort of thing. Again let us know if standalone carbidopa is found.

    Carbidopa + 5htp becomes a bit dangerous of overload. I'd stick to the ldopa/1-carboxy

  13. Quote Originally Posted by matthias7 View Post

    . 5HTP -> serotonin is more of a concern 'cause that might cause heart converting outside the brain.
    can you explain more about this
    Quote Originally Posted by matthias7 View Post
    B6 will 'cause a jump in dopamine p5p that sort of thing. Again let us know if standalone carbidopa is found.

    Carbidopa + 5htp becomes a bit dangerous of overload. I'd stick to the ldopa/1-carboxy
    what about 1-carboxy+5htp

    dose the b6 have to be p5p for an increase in dopamine???


    thanks

  14. hhhmmm... well seen as its you GB. Really I'm scaling down posting.

    5HTP is the precursor to serotonin. Like Ldopa is to dopamine. However the serotonin equivalent to dopamine decarboxylase which is in the blood will trigger the conversion before it has chance to get to the brain.

    Dopamine in the blood stream might actually be beneficial for kidney function, at extreme it might (or might not) be toxic to kidney function.

    Serotonin however in the blood stream seems to affect the heart - I dunno the mechanism. This could be dangerous. Obviously it ain't that dangerous but in extreme cases could present a risk.

    So what you need is Carbidopa, then stuff like Powerful will work like a bomb and quite literally like a bomb - so will 5HTP. Trick is where do you find it? Green tea will serve this function to some extent but probably nothing like the real thing.

    Carbidopa anyone?

  15. p5p and B6. I don't think it does its just one form.

    To get it really working you probably need to swamp you system with it. I've been taking it at about 5000% per day above RDA and not noticed anything.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by matthias7 View Post
    Serotonin however in the blood stream seems to affect the heart - I dunno the mechanism. This could be dangerous. Obviously it ain't that dangerous but in extreme cases could present a risk.
    would an anti depressant also cause these potential risks.
    The increase in serotonin would have to be pretty high for there to be some risk any idea what dose may cause possible problems

  17. I have heard it is not best to take 5HTP for a long time, like it will shut down or reduce your natural production, i think i read that in a study somewhere but I am not sure and could be wrong

  18. Quote Originally Posted by jayts22 View Post
    I have heard it is not best to take 5HTP for a long time, like it will shut down or reduce your natural production, i think i read that in a study somewhere but I am not sure and could be wrong
    From my experience using it, I`d say it`s best not to use it everyday. Something like 5 days on 2 days off can be very effective. I`ve gone weeks and weeks using it though because I felt like I needed it. Many ways to do it, but if you`re on for a long time, you might want to take half the time off you were on.

  19. since you didnt say legal or otc

    pramipexole if you can deal with the initial phase

    caber, less sides, longer half life

    selegiline



    i am taking prami, yes, sky rocketed dopamine....first was tiredness, second was high bp, third it was libido, now im just aggressive, getting **** done

    not bad

  20. I'm curious as to why you're trying to increase dopamine production. L-Dopa is your best bet if you're doing it for sleep/mood/etc issues. In that case, I would highly suggest Lipotrophin-PM (if you're looking to burn off some fat too) and/or IGF-2 from Applied Nutriceuticals. The latter will help you build muscle, increase quality of sleep dramatically, and improve your overall mood noticably.

    Just in case- if you're trying to do it naturally for ADHD...it won't work. The problem isn't a lack of dopamine, it's having way too many dopamine reuptake receptors in certain areas of the brain. The reason why ritalin (which does not increase dopamine production at all) and amphetamines (which do) have about the same efficacy in treatment is because their primary action is to reverse dopamine transport..turning those receptors into "pumps" (instead of taking dopamine out, they end up pumping more in). The additional dopamine boost from amphetamines seems to have only minimal impact on treatment.

  21. No words

  22. Quote Originally Posted by matthias7 View Post
    p5p and B6. I don't think it does its just one form.

    To get it really working you probably need to swamp you system with it. I've been taking it at about 5000% per day above RDA and not noticed anything.
    what effects are you looking for specifically? You're not gonna notice anything even if you took 10x what you're taking with B6... broksi lore IMO ...well anything other potential toxicity.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by matthias7 View Post
    hhhmmm... well seen as its you GB. Really I'm scaling down posting.

    5HTP is the precursor to serotonin. Like Ldopa is to dopamine. However the serotonin equivalent to dopamine decarboxylase which is in the blood will trigger the conversion before it has chance to get to the brain.

    Dopamine in the blood stream might actually be beneficial for kidney function, at extreme it might (or might not) be toxic to kidney function.

    Serotonin however in the blood stream seems to affect the heart - I dunno the mechanism. This could be dangerous. Obviously it ain't that dangerous but in extreme cases could present a risk.

    So what you need is Carbidopa, then stuff like Powerful will work like a bomb and quite literally like a bomb - so will 5HTP. Trick is where do you find it? Green tea will serve this function to some extent but probably nothing like the real thing.

    Carbidopa anyone?

    "then stuff like Powerful will work like a bomb and quite literally like a bomb "

    why?
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Sam-e for dopamine
    By evanski in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-02-2011, 06:21 PM
  2. Crank up your dopamine
    By jart45 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-24-2010, 12:14 PM
  3. N-arachidonyl-dopamine HCL?
    By joshweights in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-03-2009, 06:33 PM
  4. ( Serotonin VS. Dopamine )
    By gotDOMS in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-15-2007, 11:46 PM
Log in
Log in