dopamine

jart45

jart45

Awards
  • Established
Does anyone know anything out there to skyrocket dopamine levels??? Or care to share a lil knowledge about dopamine levels in realation to libido and sleep ?

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
lol some mdma will do the trick

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
yea actually amphetamines trick the body into producing it. mdma is just good all around :)

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Ldopa argument ... 1-carboxy and GABA ... I wouldn't worry about the risks. There arn't any.

Very little Ldopa / 1-carboxy gets to the the brain its converted before it can get there (into dopamine). Gaba although it does relax, can't get into the brain. 5HTP -> serotonin is more of a concern 'cause that might cause heart converting outside the brain.

If you get hold of some carbidopa then you are in business. Its not easy to get hold of by itself, in fact I dunno where you get it standalone. If you found some drop a note here.

B6 will 'cause a jump in dopamine p5p that sort of thing. Again let us know if standalone carbidopa is found.

Carbidopa + 5htp becomes a bit dangerous of overload. I'd stick to the ldopa/1-carboxy

giantbrandon

Awards
  • Established
. 5HTP -> serotonin is more of a concern 'cause that might cause heart converting outside the brain.
can you explain more about this
B6 will 'cause a jump in dopamine p5p that sort of thing. Again let us know if standalone carbidopa is found.

Carbidopa + 5htp becomes a bit dangerous of overload. I'd stick to the ldopa/1-carboxy
what about 1-carboxy+5htp

dose the b6 have to be p5p for an increase in dopamine???

thanks

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
hhhmmm... well seen as its you GB. Really I'm scaling down posting.

5HTP is the precursor to serotonin. Like Ldopa is to dopamine. However the serotonin equivalent to dopamine decarboxylase which is in the blood will trigger the conversion before it has chance to get to the brain.

Dopamine in the blood stream might actually be beneficial for kidney function, at extreme it might (or might not) be toxic to kidney function.

Serotonin however in the blood stream seems to affect the heart - I dunno the mechanism. This could be dangerous. Obviously it ain't that dangerous but in extreme cases could present a risk.

So what you need is Carbidopa, then stuff like Powerful will work like a bomb and quite literally like a bomb - so will 5HTP. Trick is where do you find it? Green tea will serve this function to some extent but probably nothing like the real thing.

Carbidopa anyone?

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
p5p and B6. I don't think it does its just one form.

To get it really working you probably need to swamp you system with it. I've been taking it at about 5000% per day above RDA and not noticed anything.

giantbrandon

Awards
  • Established
Serotonin however in the blood stream seems to affect the heart - I dunno the mechanism. This could be dangerous. Obviously it ain't that dangerous but in extreme cases could present a risk.
would an anti depressant also cause these potential risks.
The increase in serotonin would have to be pretty high for there to be some risk any idea what dose may cause possible problems

jaydollars

jaydollars

Awards
  • Established
I have heard it is not best to take 5HTP for a long time, like it will shut down or reduce your natural production, i think i read that in a study somewhere but I am not sure and could be wrong

ritchy

Banned
Awards
I have heard it is not best to take 5HTP for a long time, like it will shut down or reduce your natural production, i think i read that in a study somewhere but I am not sure and could be wrong
From my experience using it, I`d say it`s best not to use it everyday. Something like 5 days on 2 days off can be very effective. I`ve gone weeks and weeks using it though because I felt like I needed it. Many ways to do it, but if you`re on for a long time, you might want to take half the time off you were on.

comacho

comacho

Awards
  • Established
since you didnt say legal or otc

pramipexole if you can deal with the initial phase

caber, less sides, longer half life

selegiline

i am taking prami, yes, sky rocketed dopamine....first was tiredness, second was high bp, third it was libido, now im just aggressive, getting **** done

not bad

KDLMaj

Awards
I'm curious as to why you're trying to increase dopamine production. L-Dopa is your best bet if you're doing it for sleep/mood/etc issues. In that case, I would highly suggest Lipotrophin-PM (if you're looking to burn off some fat too) and/or IGF-2 from Applied Nutriceuticals. The latter will help you build muscle, increase quality of sleep dramatically, and improve your overall mood noticably.

Just in case- if you're trying to do it naturally for ADHD...it won't work. The problem isn't a lack of dopamine, it's having way too many dopamine reuptake receptors in certain areas of the brain. The reason why ritalin (which does not increase dopamine production at all) and amphetamines (which do) have about the same efficacy in treatment is because their primary action is to reverse dopamine transport..turning those receptors into "pumps" (instead of taking dopamine out, they end up pumping more in). The additional dopamine boost from amphetamines seems to have only minimal impact on treatment.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
p5p and B6. I don't think it does its just one form.

To get it really working you probably need to swamp you system with it. I've been taking it at about 5000% per day above RDA and not noticed anything.
what effects are you looking for specifically? You're not gonna notice anything even if you took 10x what you're taking with B6... broksi lore IMO :laugh: ...well anything other potential toxicity.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
hhhmmm... well seen as its you GB. Really I'm scaling down posting.

5HTP is the precursor to serotonin. Like Ldopa is to dopamine. However the serotonin equivalent to dopamine decarboxylase which is in the blood will trigger the conversion before it has chance to get to the brain.

Dopamine in the blood stream might actually be beneficial for kidney function, at extreme it might (or might not) be toxic to kidney function.

So what you need is Carbidopa, then stuff like Powerful will work like a bomb and quite literally like a bomb - so will 5HTP. Trick is where do you find it? Green tea will serve this function to some extent but probably nothing like the real thing.

Carbidopa anyone?

"then stuff like Powerful will work like a bomb and quite literally like a bomb "

why?