suggestions for post workout shake

mikey00843

Awards
Im looking for suggestions on a good high glycemic carb shake for post work out. supplements taking are halovar, kre-alkalyn, purus labs organ shield, and lean body hi protein meal replacement. thanks all.......

juice3320

juice3320

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Im looking for suggestions on a good high glycemic carb shake for post work out. supplements taking are halovar, kre-alkalyn, purus labs organ shield, and lean body hi protein meal replacement. thanks all.......
Take 30-50 grams of Waxy Maize Starch, with bcaa's (dosed accordingly for bodyweight, Xtend is the best IMO), and your creatine. Then 15-30 minutes later drink 40g of whey protein and you are good to go!

Liftingstud

Awards
  • Established
100g vitargo with 3 scoops of dominATP by usp labs, 15g glutamine... Then 15 min later 45g whey

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
100g vitargo with 3 scoops of dominATP by usp labs, 15g glutamine... Then 15 min later 45g whey
awesome!!! however the addition of all these extras will make the waxy less effective by effecting the weight.

try not putting more then 30g of anything in the shake after the waxy .

20g BCAAs extra 5g leucine and 5g glutamine (i trade out the glutamiine for creatine) i also add 400mg coleus for its GLP1 releasing properties.

Liftingstud

Awards
  • Established
awesome!!! however the addition of all these extras will make the waxy less effective by effecting the weight.

try not putting more then 30g of anything in the shake after the waxy .

20g BCAAs extra 5g leucine and 5g glutamine (i trade out the glutamiine for creatine) i also add 400mg coleus for its GLP1 releasing properties.
yeah I hear ya... but vitargo beats waxy hands down... No only do u get the rapid passage and pulling effect I get the insulin spike which waxy doesn't do (according to all the research I have seen). Plus this spike occurs fast than maldex too.

Ever since I switched from waxy be recovering and growing better.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yeah I hear ya... but vitargo beats waxy hands down... No only do u get the rapid passage and pulling effect I get the insulin spike which waxy doesn't do (according to all the research I have seen). Plus this spike occurs fast than maldex too.

Ever since I switched from waxy be recovering and growing better.
yea i agree vitargo and waxy are different beasts but even vitargo be carefull not to put too much extra goodies in it.

its hard to find an AMYLOPECTIN only starch,

i use tapioca starch 88% amylopectin with buckwheat flour Intra/post with up to 20g BCAAs been working nice adding in coleus chromium cinnamon vanadyl and 4 hydroxy.

juice3320

juice3320

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I was going for the economical approach but if you have the money hit up the vitargo :thumbsup: great stuff with a few extra goodies thrown in

Liftingstud

Awards
  • Established
yea i agree vitargo and waxy are different beasts but even vitargo be carefull not to put too much extra goodies in it.

its hard to find an AMYLOPECTIN only starch,

i use tapioca starch 88% amylopectin with buckwheat flour Intra/post with up to 20g BCAAs been working nice adding in coleus chromium cinnamon vanadyl and 4 hydroxy.
yeah they carry S2 vitargo at gnc and a few places online but stopped in and all the tubs were marked down to $12 plus I got 20% off so I snatched up all 6 tubs lol!!! Few times gyc pays off :)

juice3320

juice3320

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yeah they carry S2 vitargo at gnc and a few places online but stopped in and all the tubs were marked down to $12 plus I got 20% off so I snatched up all 6 tubs lol!!! Few times gyc pays off :)

Daaannnnnnggggggggggg!!! Wish I could hit a deal like that!:cheers: