is creatine obsolete ?

is creatine monhydrate still good compard to what else is out there

• Total voters
nomoredex

nomoredex

Awards
  • Established
there's always some company that says their from of creatine is better or theres always something new coming out to be the next greatest thing
beta alanine
aakg
cee
dicreatine malate
creatinol o phosphate
turkesterone

is creatine monohydrate still a good product compared to these things?

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
YES! Nobody can find any research that says any of the alterd creatines are better than the old fashioned one. In fact, CEE has already been disproven. Just type CEE into the search engine, and youll find a lot of bad stuff.

nomoredex

nomoredex

Awards
  • Established
true i have heard bad things about a lot of ethyl ester enriched products.

whosane

Awards
When you take the research, side effect, positive effects, legal status and price into consideration, creatine mono is a holy grail for bodybuilding!

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Obsolete? Hell no, it's still the most studied, proven, and effective supplement on the planet.

nomoredex

nomoredex

Awards
  • Established
yeah but i heard creatinol o phosphate is new creatine
creatine monohydrate has been on the market over 20 years and has proven its self effective with no side effects but who knows, creatinol o phosphate might be the next biggest breakthrough

BiG in NYC 82

BiG in NYC 82

Awards
as many have said...creatine is FAR from obsolete.

yeah but i heard creatinol o phosphate is new creatine
creatine monohydrate has been on the market over 20 years and has proven its self effective with no side effects but who knows, creatinol o phosphate might be the next biggest breakthrough
and I would like to hear your reasoning on this...do you know what/how creatinol-o-phosphate acts?

I think this may be a good read for you:
The Creatine Graveyard

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
promising info on Creatine HCL (ConCrete brand) as well, but until i see solid data on results, than mono is the "proven" form to me.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
there's always some company that says their from of creatine is better or theres always something new coming out to be the next greatest thing
beta alanine
aakg
cee
dicreatine malate
creatinol o phosphate
turkesterone

is creatine monohydrate still a good product compared to these things?
creatinol o phosphate btw is not creatine.

nomoredex

nomoredex

Awards
  • Established
creatinol o phosphate btw is not creatine.
its not ?
it has to have some chemical similarity if they share a similar name?
could some one clear up on what it really is

nomoredex

nomoredex

Awards
  • Established
Other than just the creatine? What have ou heard?
well ive heard of arginine ethyl ester
heard that doesnt work
Diandrone ethyl ester
i dont know anything about it
but thats it i think
there might be more

as many have said...creatine is FAR from obsolete.I think this may be a good read for you:
The Creatine Graveyard
you know, that was a good read.thank you. im adding to your rep

BiG in NYC 82

BiG in NYC 82

Awards
its not ?
it has to have some chemical similarity if they share a similar name?
could some one clear up on what it really is
They are not the same...and it's just that, a similar name.

The company that markets it as a creatine in their drink is simply taking advantage of what many consumers do not know, and their marketing budget

I'll have a write up posted later on what it really is and the interactions within the body or what it's supposed to do...

nomoredex

nomoredex

Awards
  • Established
thank you, i couldn't find much information on it. other then that i could buy the ingredient from a pharmaceutical lab in china.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
well ive heard of arginine ethyl ester
heard that doesnt work
Diandrone ethyl ester
i dont know anything about it
but thats it i think
there might be more
I meant what bad things have you heard about those?

BiG in NYC 82

BiG in NYC 82

Awards
thank you, i couldn't find much information on it. other then that i could buy the ingredient from a pharmaceutical lab in china.
very basic outine of what COP is...

Creatinol-O-Phosphate

Sometimes to locate an effective new muscle-building compound, researchers have to go to go to extreme lengths. Such is the case with Creatinol-O-Phosphate (COP).
An elite team of North American researchers traveled halfway across the world and painstakingly translated the results of several research studies to uncover this raw, muscle-building gem. Unfortunately, because of its chemical moniker, Creatinol-O-Phosphate is occasionally mistaken by new bodybuilders to be just another run-of-the-mill form of creatine. Nothing could be further from the truth.
COP is a revolutionary muscle- and strength-enhancing compound with a high rate of absorption in muscle tissue. Regular supplements, such as inferior forms of creatine, are subject to the destructive process of cyclization.
During the process of cyclization, the muscle-building potency of creatine is lost when it is routinely converted to an ineffective by-product known as creatinine, which is completely useless for muscle-building.
COP is an advanced molecule that is highly resistant to this biological process and has been demonstrated in clinical research to be readily absorbed via oral delivery.1 Other research has shown that it is able to maintain its structural integrity and stability in muscle where it can exert its full physiological effects.2
Once saturated in the muscle cell, the primary action of COP is to prolong anaerobic glycolysis in the presence of excess lactic acid.
While you're pushing a set to the absolute limit, specific physiological mechanisms in your body are triggered in response to excess lactic acid accumulation and a drop in intracellular pH. This is your body's way of shutting down activity to prevent intramuscular damage induced by an overproduction of metabolic by-products.
COP overrides this mechanism by acting as an intracellular buffer, preventing a dramatic drop in pH and allowing muscle contractions to continue well beyond the point at which your body would normally shut down activity.3,4
With continued use, COP can also allow you to subject your muscles to an increased time under tension.4 This can elicit a much greater anabolic signal for muscle growth to occur.
In one study, it only took seven days to observe a dramatic increase in the time under tension threshold.4 In simple terms, COP allows you to punish your muscles with a significantly greater anabolic load, which stresses the muscle fibers with a shocking new stimulus, setting the stage for rapid new gains in muscle size and strength.
In this study, COP was shown to increase muscle contractility despite increased lactic acid levels.3 This rise in lactic acid levels is a key marker of anaerobic metabolism, which largely involves the type IIb muscle fibers. These muscle fibers are known to possess the greatest capacity for hypertrophy.
As an additional benefit, COP may allow you to target your muscle fibers that contain the highest potential for growth. Bodybuilders may even notice increased post-workout muscle soreness after supplementing with COP. With an increased production of lactic acid and increased ability to physically stress the muscles, some responses required for muscle growth are amplified.
Working through a synergistic mechanism that compliments the actions of COP is another powerful muscle-building compound - Beta-Alanine - that's being touted as the "next creatine" for the rapidly accumulating clinical research that supports its muscle and strength-enhancing properties.

nomoredex

nomoredex

Awards
  • Established
hmm
well according to that article it looks like a promising product.
more studies should be conducted

meant what bad things have you heard about those?
just basically dont waste your money