Help with Whey Protein Digestion

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have tried pretty much every brand, but more recently to name a few, Optimum Nutrition, True Protein, Isopure - all the same - bloated belly for hours!! All I use is water and I've gone down as low as 20 grams. STILL get the bloat.

Anyone else like this?

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd try more probiotics. Eat more yogurt, raw apple cider vinegar, sauerkraut, kim-chi, cruciferous veggies, or other foods known to improve digestion. Could also pick up a probiotic or digestive enzyme supp if you'd prefer.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have tried pretty much every brand, but more recently to name a few, Optimum Nutrition, True Protein, Isopure - all the same - bloated belly for hours!! All I use is water and I've gone down as low as 20 grams. STILL get the bloat.

Anyone else like this?
I would try LG-Sciences Lipotropic protein, no lactose=no bloat. I have used this protein before and got no bloat, pretty good too, gonna have to get used to the nutty taste though...

So, GO BALLS DEEP with this one son!

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
I would try LG-Sciences Lipotropic protein, no lactose=no bloat. I have used this protein before and got no bloat, pretty good too, gonna have to get used to the nutty taste though...

So, GO BALLS DEEP with this one son!
yeah go with the PB flavor... its good stuff.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I promise it is a lactose free product, I distinctly remember it saying lactose free and thermogenesis... Ive also looked it up some more today, and everywhere I see, it says lactose free..

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
I promise it is a lactose free product, I distinctly remember it saying lactose free and thermogenesis... Ive also looked it up some more today, and everywhere I see, it says lactose free..
its not whey so there isnt any lactose... one of the pluses of that protein is almost ZERO bloat or discomfort.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
its not whey so there isnt any lactose... one of the pluses of that protein is almost ZERO bloat or discomfort.
I thought they switched it to a blend?

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
*Almost ZERO Bloat or Stomach Discomfort
*Includes Polyphenols, similar to green tea for increased fat burning effect
*Super High BCAA Content
*Higher Glutamine Content Of Any Protein Source

Lipotropic Protein is an amazing tasting nutrient dense protein that contains a precise blend of Genus Protein, Whey Concentrate, Whey Isolate, Egg Protein, Micellar Casien and Milk Protein Isolates. It is nutritionally complete and may increase fat loss. Genus protein contains advanced polyphenols that can help the body ramp up thermogenesis but we've also added in Betaine which has been used in food products and is shown in the literature to help convert nutrients to muscle vs. fat. This powerful blend gives your body all of the nutrients it needs to blast fat and increase muscle! Blended proteins may be better than single sources for increasing muscle mass due to the different release times. This unique protein source is found exclusively in LG Sciences Lipotropic Protein, making it stand above the rest.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Again, the WPI's I have tried are all Lactose-Free, so I am not sure that Lactose is even the culprit here.

Anyone else like this?

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
They may have different versions of the protein such as a lactose free and a low lactose version..... Mine was lactose free...

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
*Almost ZERO Bloat or Stomach Discomfort
*Includes Polyphenols, similar to green tea for increased fat burning effect
*Super High BCAA Content
*Higher Glutamine Content Of Any Protein Source

Lipotropic Protein is an amazing tasting nutrient dense protein that contains a precise blend of Genus Protein, Whey Concentrate, Whey Isolate, Egg Protein, Micellar Casien and Milk Protein Isolates. It is nutritionally complete and may increase fat loss. Genus protein contains advanced polyphenols that can help the body ramp up thermogenesis but we've also added in Betaine which has been used in food products and is shown in the literature to help convert nutrients to muscle vs. fat. This powerful blend gives your body all of the nutrients it needs to blast fat and increase muscle! Blended proteins may be better than single sources for increasing muscle mass due to the different release times. This unique protein source is found exclusively in LG Sciences Lipotropic Protein, making it stand above the rest.
Lactose Free Protein-Supports Fat Metabolism & Muscle Tone!
Supports Lean Muscle
Increased Metabolic Effect
Over 6g BCAA's per serving
Over 6g Glutamine per serving
Aminomax Enzymes
Aspartame Free
Lactose Free
Lipotropic Protein contains Gemma, a new kind of protein that is the most advanced on the market, surpassing old whey concentrate blends in protein quality and effect on lean mass. Gemma protein is a high quality protein extract that has some serious benefits over standard whey protein extracts. First, it is extremely high in the prime muscle building components of protein, specifically the essential amino acids Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine, often called the branch chain amino acids. These anabolic muscle builders are the most important part of the protein for building muscle and Leucine is proven to be anabolic!

Gemma protein is also rich in Glutamine and glutamine precursors, which are also very important for building muscle and increasing recovery. These two groups of amino acids make Gemma protein superior to whey and casein proteins for increasing muscle mass and the fat loss benefits of the polyphenols make this protein way better than any whey blend on the market for building mass and losing body fat.

If you want the very best protein on the market for increasing lean muscle and burning fat, look no further than Lipotropic Protein. It has the perfect nutrient profile for the serious bodybuilder that is looking to lose fat while gaining muscle. No other protein gives you the benefit of both being the most advanced amino acid profile with fat burning polyphenols!

-Thats what I found, mind you, there are 2 versions of Lipotropic protein....

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Again, the WPI's I have tried are all Lactose-Free, so I am not sure that Lactose is even the culprit here.
I recommend the Probiotic/digestive enzyme approach.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Try a pre/probiotic like RPN Gut Health, if you can find it.
Also - try Gemma protein isolate...

jamjoe

Awards
I got bloat from Optimum Nutrition, True Protein, GNC, etc.

All the Whey protein no bloat.

gymdevil25

gymdevil25

Awards
Why not try Egg Whites international: odorless, somewhat tasteless...I can actually drink it right out of the container. You can make any type of protein shake that your imagination will allow. Egg protein is perfect for lactose intolerant people. That's my 2 cents.
- All Natural
- 100% Bio-Available
- Pure Amino Acids
- 26g of Protein per Cup
- Fat Free
- Cholesterol Free
- Pasteurized
- 100% Safe
- Salmonella Tested
- USDA Inspected
- No Preservatives
- Kosher Approved
- 100% Guaranteed
- Easy to use Pump
- Convienent Gallon or
Half-gallon sizes

bigmoe65

bigmoe65

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Why not try Egg Whites international: odorless, somewhat tasteless...I can actually drink it right out of the container. You can make any type of protein shake that your imagination will allow. Egg protein is perfect for lactose intolerant people. That's my 2 cents.
- All Natural
- 100% Bio-Available
- Pure Amino Acids
- 26g of Protein per Cup
- Fat Free
- Cholesterol Free
- Pasteurized
- 100% Safe
- Salmonella Tested
- USDA Inspected
- No Preservatives
- Kosher Approved
- 100% Guaranteed
- Easy to use Pump
- Convienent Gallon or
Half-gallon sizes
I really think thats your best bet. If youre having trouble with Isopure I dont think any other whey product would make a difference.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Don't Egg Whites still contain Lactose........aren't they dairy??

Thanks for all the help so far

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haha you're right.

Why the HECK have I thought Eggs were dairy all these years LOLOLOL

OOOOPS

Thanks!
:cheers:
Dairy is from a cow.

gymdevil25

gymdevil25

Awards

Brothaman eggs are not dairy! Sorry man but I have never heard anybody call eggs dairy. If you still want to continue ingesting dairy derived protein use digestive enzymes especially LACTASE in conjunction with some probiotics. I think however eggs will be your friend for a long time to come.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Lactose is milk sugar. (ie lactation)

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I thought they switched it to a blend?
It was switched to a blend...I have 0 bloat with it...

I agree with BigMoe..I would just try and get most of your protein from a whole food source..

Or try our new blend..

Flyinhigh21

Awards
  • Established

Anyone else like this?
I have the same problem

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LOL. I think Im so used to seeing eggs int eh dairy section next to the milk, cheeze, butter, etc.....I simply (STUPIDLY) always assumed they were dairy. LMFAO

Thanks!! HAHAHA

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hope I don't get TOO bashed for this but here goes - can't I just pick up some egg beaters?

- All Natural
- 100% Bio-Available
- Pure Amino Acids
- 26g of Protein per Cup
- Fat Free
- Cholesterol Free
- Pasteurized
- 100% Safe
- Salmonella Tested
- USDA Inspected
- No Preservatives
- Kosher Approved
- 100% Guaranteed
- Easy to use Pump
- Convienent Gallon or
Half-gallon sizes

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
you could, but i think that starts to get expensive with the amount of protein you need to take in to put on quality size....

Bass Master

Awards
Digestive enzymes and probiotics seemed to help me when I bought my whey fro GNC. I cannot drink any normal, pasteurized dairy either because I am lactose intolerant. However, lately I have been getting fresh, raw dairy from a farm that's 30 min from me and not only does the dairy taste better, but I get no bad side effects from it. I feel much better. So now the raw milk has pretty much replaced my whey consumption, although I am getting with the farmer on buying some whey from him because he has quite a bit left over after making his cheese.

Prodigy79

Awards
Hi.
Maybe you try HiMaze. No calories, just fiber consentrated from mais.
Kristian

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
if adding fiber doesnt work, nor does eating yogurt/adding probiotics, then stop eating micronutrient stripped foods such as powdered carbs/protein and start eating real food.