Should we expect Geranamine to be banned soon?

HurtinPounds

Awards
Whenever we see an effective ingredient put into the hands of a consumer who doesn't know what they're doing, unlike us who read the boards, it never ends well. Lawsuit, and then ban.

Putting "G" in a convenience store is the dumbest idea yet. Why companies can't just leave stuff like that alone for the people who dedicate themselves and show support on a daily basis is unfortunate. But obviously the quick cash is all that really matters for most. And we are just stuck here complaining about the FDA again.

Thanks Thermogum. :rolleyes:

rob561

rob561

Awards
  • Established
i dont think 1,3dime will get a bad rep from thermogum

HurtinPounds

Awards
i dont think 1,3dime will get a bad rep from thermogum
I was referring to the company, Thermogum. Clearshot concentrate is also going out to convenience stores, as well as the gum.

End well this will not. Ephedra part 2. So many supplements for us bber's were ruined after this hit the mainstream (oh hai Ultimate Orange).

Besides, it's a turn off to see one of my, what I like to call "insider" ingredients, floating around in a 7 eleven.

Again, thanks.

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, believe it'll come under the microscope. I have heard through the grapevine it already is....

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was referring to the company, Thermogum. Clearshot concentrate is also going out to convenience stores, as well as the gum.

End well this will not. Ephedra part 2. So many supplements for us bber's were ruined after this hit the mainstream (oh hai Ultimate Orange).

Besides, it's a turn off to see one of my, what I like to call "insider" ingredients, floating around in a 7 eleven.

Again, thanks.
I guess we should all stay poor so you can feel special.

Geranamine is DSHEA compliant, and the potential for abuse is nowhere near that of ephedra.

HurtinPounds

Awards

Geranamine is DSHEA compliant, and the potential for abuse is nowhere near that of ephedra.
That's the whole point.

Not yet it isn't. Just a matter of time, now.

You're kidding yourself if you don't think Geranamine brings noticeable side effects. Sides where the average consumer would freak out about, where minimal to us on here.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
That's the whole point.

You're kidding yourself if you don't think Geranamine brings noticeable side effects. Sides where the average consumer would freak out about, where minimal to us on here.
Expect everything good in life to be taken away...and now you can experience America! :D

Who cares. Enjoy it for the season that its out, all things come to pass. In the short 80 years we walk around this rock, we will experience a great deal of change(especially the times we are going into) and its going to be rough. Something tells me you will care a whole lot less about it soon enough.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's the whole point.

So what you saying is that we should spend hundreds of thousands of dollars making something that doesn't work.

Wish I would have thought of that.

HurtinPounds

Awards
So what you saying is that we should spend hundreds of thousands of dollars making something that doesn't work.

:confused:

Everything about the product is fine. This was about releasing something like this to people who have no interest in bodybuilding or working out in general.

Keep it in house and gain respect like all the other companies around here.

That too challenging for you?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Everything about the product is fine. This was about releasing something like this to people who have no interest in bodybuilding or working out in general.

no...but you need to understand basic economics. When we are making under 50 cents a pack, before overhead expenses and shipping costs, a market of 10000 units a month spread amongst 10 employees means failure.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established

His company already has plenty of respect from the community...

no...but you need to understand basic economics. When we are making under 50 cents a pack, before overhead expenses and shipping costs, a market of 10000 units a month spread amongst 10 employees means failure.

Best of luck on it man:cheers: Beyond my stressing abilities to imagine running all that :D

HurtinPounds

Awards
The gum may not be a problem, it's the Clearshot concentrate that has me wondering why a company would want to tarnish something that is already effective in our little world. The amount of sales you'd get mainstream really that much of a difference than the word of mouth online and in gyms? Worth enough to potentially (more like eventually) put it in the FDA's hands?

Not an attack on Thermogum. Been on my mind lately about certain companies. This just put it over the top.

Like Zero pointed out, it's not going to stop, there will always be that one company that screws it for the consumers that actually care about bodybuilding. Having to search or pull out more hair to find something just as effective.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There was already some bad press on it when PA released AMP, but it lasted about 2 days. With ThermoGum and CS, the intended market is not so much for fat loss, but for energy/performance. Think more along the lines of Red Bull and Monster rather than Hydroxycut.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established

EXACTLY, bro, you need to understand the mechanisms of certain raws before posting something that does not make sense. I know people who have sensitivity to stims, and have NO problem with geranium oil, ephedrine is another boat.

HurtinPounds

Awards
There was already some bad press on it when PA released AMP, but it lasted about 2 days. With ThermoGum and CS, the intended market is not so much for fat loss, but for energy/performance. Think more along the lines of Red Bull and Monster rather than Hydroxycut.
That press was due to people not knowing what it was (intial hype).

And Red Bull is exactly along the lines of what I'm comparing their intentions to. Geranamine released to that genre is hardly a good idea. At least with Hydroxycut you'd still seperate the people that work out from the one's who don't.

HurtinPounds

Awards
EXACTLY, bro, you need to understand the mechanisms of certain raws before posting something that does not make sense. I know people who have sensitivity to stims, and have NO problem with geranium oil, ephedrine is another boat.
Do you want a badge for knowing someone who isn't prone to side effects? It's either that or a cookie, because I refuse to think someone could be this misinformed when it comes to thinking that every person has the SAME reaction to every ingredient.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That press was due to people not knowing what it was (intial hype).

And Red Bull is exactly along the lines of what I'm comparing their intentions to. Geranamine released to that genre is hardly a good idea. At least with Hydroxycut you'd still seperate the people that work out from the one's who don't.
This was also around the same time of the BALCO issues, so everything PA did was under a microscope.

It's also foolish to say that people taking those supplements actually train. I've run into 100's (I sold supplements during undergrad) that would buy tons of them, yet never even walked. If you're going to always think about the worst case scenario, every product will be dangerous and has the potential to be banned.

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Isn't that Muscletechs motto? Well besides spending lots of money on their products.