Beta-Alanine Might Not Be For Me...

Wudog

Wudog

Awards
  • Established
So I ordered some bulk BA and have tried it for several days. THe tingling sensation is insanse, and keeps me from being able to concentrate. I am only doing 5grams pre-workout....Would dropping to 3 grams or so actually reap me any benefits?

bound

bound

Awards
  • Established
You don't need to take it all pre-workout to get the benefits, you can take gram or two doses throughout the day. I used to do it this way. Still do on off days.

crowbar46

Awards
  • Established
I see no benefit to using BA pre-workout as opposed to other times throughout the day. It is the increase in intramuscular carnosine levels you are seeking through supplementing with BA. Also, as stated by Bound, you should take BA in 1 gram doses 4-5 times/day, not all at once, as carnosine conversion is rate limited by enzyme levels.

Crowbar

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
5G at ounce is a large amount of Beta-Alanine. Most products have you consuming 1 - 2G before your workout. Other products have you consume 3 to 4 times a day. With that said; cut your doses down to 1 - 2G at a time 3 - 4 times a day. On workout days use a dose 30 - 45 minutes before your workout and split the other doses through the day. On non workout days just split it evenly through the day.

BTW: My favorite Beta-Alanine product is AE IntraXcell. Awesome product.

Wudog

Wudog

Awards
  • Established
ok, I had researched on here and seen a lot of people said they did 5grams pre and post workout...that is why I tried it. Seemed to have the same effects on me as NO products, which I also dislike. Hopefully this will work out for me.

Can I mix it will my BCAA's?

JeremyT

Awards
it really depends on the person. Dosing at 5G pre-workout I get nothing but light tingles, if anything at all. The BA i have isn't bunk either, my buddy did the same and said he was on firee.

gymbo123

Awards
Yeah those tingles are almost unbearable for me if I dose too high. Dial it down a bit and find the right dose for you. I usually put some lotion with aloe on right before I head to the gym and that seems to soothe my skin enough to fight through those light tingles.

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
Yeah those tingles are almost unbearable for me if I dose too high. Dial it down a bit and find the right dose for you. I usually put some lotion with aloe on right before I head to the gym and that seems to soothe my skin enough to fight through those light tingles.
I enjoy the tingles. Let's me know the supplement is working. :knockedout:

BiG in NYC 82

BiG in NYC 82

Awards
ok, I had researched on here and seen a lot of people said they did 5grams pre and post workout...that is why I tried it. Seemed to have the same effects on me as NO products, which I also dislike. Hopefully this will work out for me.

Can I mix it will my BCAA's?
as many have already said...taking 5g of BA in one dose is way too much and unnecessary.

What can/should be done is to spread it throughout your day. You can take 1-3g up to 2-3x a day.

Studies have shown that benefits come from 3-6g daily...and just like creatine it takes time to "saturate" and it'll take a bit for you to really notice the differences, but IMO well worth it.

I have been dosing with IntraXcell and it's my preferred BA source.

and yes, you can mix it with your BCAAs.

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
as many have already said...taking 5g of BA in one dose is way too much and unnecessary.

What can/should be done is to spread it throughout your day. You can take 1-3g up to 2-3x a day.

Studies have shown that benefits come from 3-6g daily...and just like creatine it takes time to "saturate" and it'll take a bit for you to really notice the differences, but IMO well worth it.

I have been dosing with IntraXcell and it's my preferred BA source.

and yes, you can mix it with your BCAAs.
Finally someone else who enjoyed IntraXcell!

MoTiV

Awards
  • Established
5g at once is unnecessary and your throwing your money away. Multiple stuides have shown that no more than 3g x 2 daily is sufficient and that's just for the saturation phase, usually 6 weeks. After that 3-4g for maintenance divided through the day is sufficient. Most BA users find 3g pre and post works well. Also, taking it with food, I put mine in my pre and post shakes, removes the tingling sensation but doesn't inhibit it's potency.

I've been using BA for well over 2 years and will never stop using it. I use Primaforce BA and use 1-2 scoops (>1g per scoop) in my pre and post shakes along with whatever amount of BA is in Jack3d and Purple Wraath. On non-weight training days I put 2 scoops in my morning shake.

When you notice that you no longer get a pump when you workout then you know your taking enough and can start cutting back to find the least amount that works for you.

Wudog

Wudog

Awards
  • Established
Sounds good....was exactly the info I was looking for

5g at once is unnecessary and your throwing your money away. Multiple stuides have shown that no more than 3g x 2 daily is sufficient and that's just for the saturation phase, usually 6 weeks. After that 3-4g for maintenance divided through the day is sufficient. Most BA users find 3g pre and post works well. Also, taking it with food, I put mine in my pre and post shakes, removes the tingling sensation but doesn't inhibit it's potency.

I've been using BA for well over 2 years and will never stop using it. I use Primaforce BA and use 1-2 scoops (>1g per scoop) in my pre and post shakes along with whatever amount of BA is in Jack3d and Purple Wraath. On non-weight training days I put 2 scoops in my morning shake.

When you notice that you no longer get a pump when you workout then you know your taking enough and can start cutting back to find the least amount that works for you.

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
I believe Poliquin had mentioned that to dose up to the point where you get the tingles, then back off a little and use that dosage. Basically meaning you don't have to feel that for it to be working.

juice3320

juice3320

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yep brother just down the dose and spread it throughout the day. The tingles will eventually go away, however, most people enjoy the tingling sensation but it can get painful at times. Just spread it out and you will be perfectly fine and with lower does you will only get slight tingles or none at all :thumbsup:

Rican4lfe

Awards
Nutraplanet bulk beta alanine comes qith a 1.25 scoop..... how many do I need to get the reccomended dose of 1.6 grams (1600mg)??? thanks