MELATONIN

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
MELATONIN? Does anyone use this and care to share their experience with the supplement?

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
It does well when one can't sleep. I don't agree with people taking it nightly though. True the ingredients in it are not addictive, but there can be a psychological addiction as well. If I am having trouble sleeping, 3mg and 30 minutes does the trick

wellbilt

Awards
I agree melatonin works well for me but I don't think it should be used every night
3-6 mg before bed usually knocks me out

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
I usually can easily fall asleep with some television. There are those restless nights that this may aid in helping me sleep. I do have problems waking up at least two times a night. Will this help maintain a solid 8 hours of sleep?

REEVESDIESEL

REEVESDIESEL

Awards
  • Established
I take every now & then. Took last night and had a crazy as dream. There's better supps. to take to knock yourself out for a good nights sleep. Jeff Everson of Planet Muscle says to not take it for some reason or other.

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
as far as keeping you asleep all night..., some times yes... sometimes no

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
taken up to 12mg before. solid stuff. if you are looking to stay asleep for eight-twelve hours you should look at usplabs powerfull, somindren GH, or applied nutriecenicals, or however you spell it's lipo pm. They are GH boosters, and the more GH running through your system the deeper the sleep.

Rustang

Rustang

Awards
what about "X-Dream" by IBE?... im trying to learn more about this product. is it only a sleep aid?

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
I have used ZMA supplements. Which would you all prefer?

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I have been using sublingual melatonin for over a year now, 5 days on , 2 day off. I love it

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
what about "X-Dream" by IBE?... im trying to learn more about this product. is it only a sleep aid?
X-Dream is a blend of Valerian root, Melatonin and Gaba to provide satisfactory deep sleep, vivid dreams and muscle recovery with little or no morning grogginess. It comes in capsule form, but I highly recommend popping the capsules open and taking the powder sublingually- it hits the system faster and harder. It's a neat experience. :)

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
I take every now & then. Took last night and had a crazy as dream. There's better supps. to take to knock yourself out for a good nights sleep. Jeff Everson of Planet Muscle says to not take it for some reason or other.
There may be better things out there in terms of keeping you asleep but those things build tolerance and mess with brain chemistry. A road you don't wanna go down. A road that will lead to more serious sleep issues. Melatonin is the cheapest/safest most effective remedy to start out with. It's the natural hormone in your body that puts you to sleep. You should be taking the smallest effective dosage. 1-2mg. They even have extended release melatonins out there now. Taking higher then 3mg's a night may have side effects.

A pretty safe combo and standard sleep medicine protocol is melatonin,valerian, magnesium.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Melatonin has a pretty darn good safety record even at doses much, much higher than 3mg. It's a potent anti-oxidant and cancer fighting hormone. Doses as high as 150 mg are used to treat a variety of illnesses including cancers. It's also used in anti-aging regimens.

I've been taking between 9 to 30 mg every night for several years now and have no negative sides, no thyroid issues as some claim and my mental state has improved on it...probably due to getting consistently good sleep.

Fat6

Awards
X-Dream is a blend of Valerian root, Melatonin and Gaba to provide satisfactory deep sleep, vivid dreams and muscle recovery with little or no morning grogginess. It comes in capsule form, but I highly recommend popping the capsules open and taking the powder sublingually- it hits the system faster and harder. It's a neat experience. :)
Can I PM ya about this product? I have some q's about a med. I take, and wonder if it would/could take the place of??

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
This is all great information. I'll give this a try at low dosage.

Rustang

Rustang

Awards
yeah i really wanna try x-dream ... seems like a soild product

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Can I PM ya about this product? I have some q's about a med. I take, and wonder if it would/could take the place of??
Definitely feel free to PM me. If I can help you in any way, I will. :)

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
Melatonin has a pretty darn good safety record even at doses much, much higher than 3mg. It's a potent anti-oxidant and cancer fighting hormone. Doses as high as 150 mg are used to treat a variety of illnesses including cancers. It's also used in anti-aging regimens.

I've been taking between 9 to 30 mg every night for several years now and have no negative sides, no thyroid issues as some claim and my mental state has improved on it...probably due to getting consistently good sleep.
Interesting food for thought. Probably the first to truly defend nighly use of melatonin that I have come across.

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
yes yes MELA is incrediable strong antioxident!!!!!!!!!

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
my nerves missfire when i sleep and causes me to feel sore or tired from shakinlike movement when i sleep mela helps with this. i dose it 6mg a night

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
i pop them like house pops vico. i just took 2 right now before sex/bed :)