Post W/O Supps. Sooooooo many options.

Fat6

Awards
Here were the top 4 that had reviews. (That I hav'nt tried) I am looking for YOUR imput!/Suggestions. I NEED better recoveries!!

-Recover Pro (A.I) $42.99, 2.2 lbs ok reviews.
-JP8 (Diesel) $35.99, 1.88 lbs ok reviews.
-X Tend (Scivation) $17.99, 30 serv. ok reviews.
-Torrent (Univ. Nutrition) $34.99 (15 serv.OUCH!)

Im 37, and need better, less painful recoveries. Im running a 1 T Tren/Epi. Bridge now.
Supporting Supps.include.
-2 grams fish oil 3x daily
-T Force 1 A.M, 1Pre W/O

Forgot my :
-Cycle support!

-175 grams Whey Isolate 3x daily + (3200-3500 calories)
-Adding cissus, this week (possibly) depending on the joints this run.
-Formex 1x daily with 2 grams F/O Pre W/O.
-1200 mcg B-12 UTT, in the A.M
I would like a supp. with max BCAA'S, plenty of Glutamine, and (medium) stims. 150 mg or so.

Thanks for the imput/advice.

naturalguy

naturalguy

Universal Nutrition
Awards
  • Established
Just an FYI............there is a larger size Torrent (28 servings) that will save you a bit of money.

The formula is stellar with:

20 grams high quality hydrolyzed whey
8 grams of Leucine (the anabolic trigger)
7 grams of cell volumizers
3 grams of creatine
a great carb blend

The recovery on it is awesome

Fat6

Awards
Would you suggest it over your "BCAA STACK" IF SO, WHY?

elivvt

Awards
It looks very good compared to the "BCAA STACK" since it has a lot of the bcaa Luecine with a very good protein and good carbs in a nice ratio.

Fat6

Awards
It looks very good compared to the "BCAA STACK" since it has a lot of the bcaa Luecine with a very good protein and good carbs in a nice ratio.
I believe in these guys' products, but $90 for 30 days worth...

Joshua86

Awards
  • Established
Check out IGF-2... I've only been on it for a couple days, but I did notice that I didn't have any muscle soreness the day after a pretty good workout that usually leaves me a little sore. It supposedly helps with recovery, but I and others can attest to it's ability to reduce DOMS.

Fat6

Awards
Check out IGF-2... I've only been on it for a couple days, but I did notice that I didn't have any muscle soreness the day after a pretty good workout that usually leaves me a little sore. It supposedly helps with recovery, but I and others can attest to it's ability to reduce DOMS.
Are you using the..... Applied Nutriceuticals IGF-2??

shakindrake

shakindrake

Awards
2 scoops of orange karbolyn with a scoop of vanilla protein tasty orangesicle P.WO shake

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I do carb free PWO, if you get good preworkout nutrition, theres no evidence that you need particularly high amounts of carbs post. All the people who suggest it are coming from a study that showed that a first thing in the morning fasted workout had better protein uptake (not necessarily more muscle gain either mind you) from a carb/protein mix than protein solo. No studies done non-fasted showed significant difference that i've seen.

Anyone who disagrees, i'd be happy to be proved wrong with an actual scientific study :)

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
I do carb free PWO, if you get good preworkout nutrition, theres no evidence that you need particularly high amounts of carbs post. All the people who suggest it are coming from a study that showed that a first thing in the morning fasted workout had better protein uptake (not necessarily more muscle gain either mind you) from a carb/protein mix than protein solo. No studies done non-fasted showed significant difference that i've seen.

Anyone who disagrees, i'd be happy to be proved wrong with an actual scientific study :)
I agree with this.... but to the OP... obviously u dont wanna hear this but in reality all u need is a huge meal after ur workouts... i seem to have the best gains and recovery when i just eat whole meals all the time instead of shakes... with that said i would give my vote to Intra-Aid (not exactly a postworkout shake but its very good, usually put two scoops and drink during workout and just have a big meal after wards) and Torrent (very very complete) theres a product by XF called vandetta that ive always liked...

elivvt

Awards

100% AGREE you want to only maximize on the protein post workout for muscle recovery. Carbs with protein and a healthy fat are very good to intake pre-workout for sustained energy especially if you are doing cardio then weight lifting.

bakerderek0

bakerderek0

Awards
  • Established
I prefer Cellucor's R3. I've been using it for about 2 years and I can tell a big difference when I don't have it. I really thrash my muscles everytime I workout, with R3 I'm able to hit the gym 5-6 days a week. If I am sore, it's because I ran out of R3. Just my 2 cents...

thedawg3545

thedawg3545

Awards
in my opinion, Universal Torrents probably the best p/wo becasue of the protien and and all the other things it ahs in it. u should check it out dawg

Fat6

Awards
I'll look into some of these ideas. I still think old school.....BCAA'S, W/ heavy glutamine, as well as some recovery carbs ( not alot) are needed to restore pre W/O levels in the body.

Fat6

Awards
RecoverPRO is a great value a lot of servings makes it very cost effective.
I looked at this one in my initial search, however the lack of essential glutamine made it a deciding factor....:(

And I love me some AI products!!

Last edited:

elivvt

Awards
Have you looked into Nitro-Pro by Muscleology? It is what I have been using and I have been getting great results and very quick recovery time which allows me to go to the gym 6-7 days a week even while I am working full-time and going home to take care of my wife and daughter (4 months).

Thudd

Awards
I do carb free PWO, if you get good preworkout nutrition, theres no evidence that you need particularly high amounts of carbs post. ... No studies done non-fasted showed significant difference that i've seen.

What about this one? (Which coincidentally I found while looking for something else not long after I'd seen this thread so it was still fresh in my mind)

http://jn.nutrition.org/cgi/content/abstract/138/11/2198

Basically saying that post-exercise protein synthesis is improved with PWO protein and carbs supps, although long-term recovery (ie, overnight & next day) is unaffected.

And this one, which is claiming that Pre-WO carbs & protein in the form of EAAs does nothing to improve post-workout recovery.

http://jap.physiology.org/cgi/content/abstract/106/5/1730

It's a start, anyway.... :wink1:

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What about this one? (Which coincidentally I found while looking for something else not long after I'd seen this thread so it was still fresh in my mind)

http://jn.nutrition.org/cgi/content/abstract/138/11/2198

Basically saying that post-exercise protein synthesis is improved with PWO protein and carbs supps, although long-term recovery (ie, overnight & next day) is unaffected.

And this one, which is claiming that Pre-WO carbs & protein in the form of EAAs does nothing to improve post-workout recovery.

http://jap.physiology.org/cgi/content/abstract/106/5/1730

It's a start, anyway.... :wink1:

the first is meaningless, because

Subjects participated in a 2-h exercise session during which beverages containing both carbohydrate (0.15 g·kg–1·h–1) and a protein hydrolysate (0.15 g·kg–1·h–1) (C+P, n = 10) or water only (W, n = 10) were ingested.
So yes, someone taking in protein + carbs has higher protein synthesis than someone taking in water only :) I didn't need a study to figure that out :D If they had a Pro only group and carb only group it could have been meaningful.

in the second the kicker is "We conclude that EAA + CHO ingestion before resistance exercise does not enhance postexercise FSR compared with exercise without nutrients." Fractional Synthetic Rate is what FSR stands for. So thats one marker of protein synthesis, but not the only one. So not really conclusive. You have to also consider fatigue level, cortisol level, and ability to do the same level of work fasted vs EAA+CHO, all of which are important in long term muscle growth. you'd really have to follow athletes through 8-10 weeks of all their workouts being that way, and do DEXA scans before + after to see overall muscle mass changes.

naturalguy

naturalguy

Universal Nutrition
Awards
  • Established
Would you suggest it over your "BCAA STACK" IF SO, WHY?
Yes. Torrent has everything that BCAA Stack has plus so much more. There are a lot more key amino's, creatine and they hydrolyzed whey.

Torrent is a complete post workout formula, instead of buying 6-7 different powders and mixing them up and having it taste horrible, you can get it all in one great tasting formula.

Fat6

Awards
Yes. Torrent has everything that BCAA Stack has plus so much more. There are a lot more key amino's, creatine and they hydrolyzed whey.

Torrent is a complete post workout formula, instead of buying 6-7 different powders and mixing them up and having it taste horrible, you can get it all in one great tasting formula.
Dont suppose there are any "samples" lying around... :)hint, hint:)

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established

Love your work mate. I agree, CHO's are useful, just not 10000grams worth :p

naturalguy

naturalguy

Universal Nutrition
Awards
  • Established
Dont suppose there are any "samples" lying around... :)hint, hint:)
I may be able to get you some if we still have some left, shoot me a pm with your info

topcop196

topcop196

Awards
Might as well throw my PWO coctail in the mix. You say you want to keep it simple and old school. 2 Scoops MHP's Dark Matter (3 types insulinogenic carbs, hydro whey, creatine), 2 scoops Xtend (BCAA's, Glutamine), and 2 grams Beta-Alanine. 1 hour later have a clean protein and carb meal.

Fat6

Awards
Might as well throw my PWO coctail in the mix. You say you want to keep it simple and old school. 2 Scoops MHP's Dark Matter (3 types insulinogenic carbs, hydro whey, creatine), 2 scoops Xtend (BCAA's, Glutamine), and 2 grams Beta-Alanine. 1 hour later have a clean protein and carb meal.
HMMMMMMMM, Interesting......

juice3320

juice3320

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I am actually saving a little money by making a homemade version of Torrent with Xtend, WMS, Creatine, Glutamine with MSM, and Beta Alanine post workout :) but the above is a good recommendation and 45-90 minutes after post shake get a good whole food meal in.