Nootropics?

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.02%

Wink Nootropics?

Hey,

I'm looking for the best nootropics mixture as the finals are closing in.

Have any tried a combination of nootropics or whatnot, and actually noticed any change?

If there's an all-in-one product that also gives additional energy, life would be great

2. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.77%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Focus XT. I used Piracetam with Cholin Citrate for awhile, i see way more short term/quicker effects form use of Focus XT. Piracetam and Choline is better for long term.
    Alot of people seem to be on the L-Tyrosine now. never tried it though.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.68%

Quote Originally Posted by MentalTwitch View Post
    Focus XT. I used Piracetam with Cholin Citrate for awhile, i see way more short term/quicker effects form use of Focus XT. Piracetam and Choline is better for long term.
    Alot of people seem to be on the L-Tyrosine now. never tried it though.
    Agreed. Focus XT is the best product for focus/concentration on the market. I have used several nootropics in the past and none of them really come close to the feeling I get with focus xt. 1 scoop and I feel like I can do anything.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.02%

Interesting, maybe I should try a box of it.

Any others? Single addition powders to experiment with?

Also, does Focus XT give any extra energy? Or is it best to combine with a fatburner or similar, and if so, which one?
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.68%

Quote Originally Posted by Warhead View Post
    Interesting, maybe I should try a box of it.

Any others? Single addition powders to experiment with?

Also, does Focus XT give any extra energy? Or is it best to combine with a fatburner or similar, and if so, which one?
    Focus xt provides 200 mgs of caffeine and a hefty dose of Tyrosine. No need to combine it with anything else, the energy boost is solid and long lasting.
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.97%

Does anyone know Piracetam needs loading phase like creatine?
    The label says suggested 3g a day, but accoring to some reviews, people go like 10g a day for a week and notice the effect.
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'3"  135 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.51%

I don't think so - just keep consistent with the dose because of the effects come on gradually. I love my Piracetam, Tyrosine and 1,3 dimethyalanine stack - throw in some Alpha GPC washed down by a cup of Joe and you're good to go!
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.41%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Another to consider is NCP by Get Diesel; looking forward to trying that soon myself.
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.97%

Quote Originally Posted by rottie76 View Post
    I don't think so - just keep consistent with the dose because of the effects come on gradually. I love my Piracetam, Tyrosine and 1,3 dimethyalanine stack - throw in some Alpha GPC washed down by a cup of Joe and you're good to go!
    Thanks.
    I will see how Piracetam is going.
    Now I'm trying Poracetam and Sulbutiamine.
    I take 300mg of Sulbutiamine when I need,but it doesn't work much so I will take 500mg next time.
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.97%

Quote Originally Posted by oufinny View Post
    Another to consider is NCP by Get Diesel; looking forward to trying that soon myself.
    Do you take something now?
  11. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.41%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Nothing in particular really besides some ALCAR preworkout. I read some logs on NCP that were quite positive and I like the ingredient profile hence the recommendation. Plus, it is not just a lot of caffeine and for me this means I can take it without risk of stomach discomfort or being awake all night.
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.97%

Most stims I have tried so far has caffein. Caffein kicks my ass but I don't like the feeling of crash. I didn't have stomach discomfort.
    SX worked very good to me without crash but better avoid it now.
    So now I'm looking for better one without it.
    I will add 1,3 dimethyalanine and Tyrosine to my Piracetam -Sulbutiamine.
  13. Banned
    Stats
    5'11"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.73%

I love nootropics. L-tyrosine dosed at 3 grams on an empty stomach a few times a day is a staple for me. The increase in mood and well being is drug like. Taking more than 3 doses in my case is where the point of diminishing results occur with me. With breakfast, I usually take 10mg of vinpocetine (always with food) to get the blood circulating in the brain. I often add 600mg of DMAE a few times in these shakes. I`ve just started using piracetam a few weeks ago. It`s hard to say if that is working. But l-tyrosine works very well for me as is very inexpensive when you buy it by the kilo here.

piracetam and DMAE taste kinda bad. You may want to add some crystal light or 1/3 scoop of gatorade if you handle carbs well. It will taste like frozen concentrate orange juice.
  14. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.01%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

stims!=nootropics

Excess stim will actually hinder your ability to learn and concentrate.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  15. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.79%

stims!=nootropics

Excess stim will actually hinder your ability to learn and concentrate.
    Too true. More does not always = better.

My nootropic stack depends on whether I'm lifting that day or not.... which is about two times a week at the moment because of lower back and rotator cuff injuries.

My workout day nootropic stack consists of 3g Piracetam + 400mg Sulbutiamine spread out over the course of the day. Then i repeat that dose pre-workout along with

-9mg Alpha-Yohimbine (Alpha Burn)
    -60mg 1,3 Dimethylamylamine
    -200mg Caffeine
    -3 baby aspirin for my back

I prefer studying after working out with this stack because I generally get a very clear, focused feeling while working out really helps keep my body and mind at ease after. I get much more accomplished because my mind isn't racing.

My regular days usually consist of 5-10 mg L-Selegiline spread out in 2.5 mg dosages w/ food (not everyday however.... stuff's expensive), along with 3g Piracetam and 400mg Sulbutiamine taken 2-3 times daily. I just picked up some bulk tyrosine and some PEA caps to play around with also.... The PEA and deprenyl is amazing (coasting off that right now), but due to my higher deprenyl doses i'm thinking i'm going to have to tip toe with the tyrosine doses.

My off day stack really helps later in the day once I get done with classes. I'm elevated instead of stimulated and when I do tire out a small cup of tea usually gets me back in the zone. It is a vast improvement from my freshman year, I lived off perk coffee and had a whole mess of adrenal fatigue and sleep issues along with depression and memory retention.

If you're a student and you use adderall, I would seriously suggest switching to L-Selegiline. Its better for you, comparatively priced, and lacks a lot of the nasty sides, rebounds, and addiction potential of amphetamine salts IMO.
  16. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.01%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Selegiline is a fantastic addition at low dose (as you have) as at higher dosages i becomes a nonselective MAO-i.

The addition of Cholinergics (as mentioned) Sulbutiamine (minimum 500-600), MethylB-12, and DLPA/tyrosine should round out a good combo. Piracetam, as mentioned, will help chronicaly, but unless you are already operating near "natural peak" you won't notice an acute dramatic effect.
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.79%

Selegiline is a fantastic addition at low dose (as you have) as at higher dosages i becomes a nonselective MAO-i.
    I've noticed haha. I've played around with the doses up to 15mg a day and after 10mg the sides are a little too much to handle IMO.

The addition of Cholinergics (as mentioned) Sulbutiamine (minimum 500-600), MethylB-12, and DLPA/tyrosine should round out a good combo. Piracetam, as mentioned, will help chronicaly, but unless you are already operating near "natural peak" you won't notice an acute dramatic effect.
    I've never used methylcobalamin by itself, however I'm guessing my next noot order will include that and a cholinergic. I don't usually notice acute benefits off of piracetam but it gives me peace of mind simply for its neuroprotective benefits. As far as sulbutiamine goes, to notice an actual effect i need about 800mg, my 400mg doses broken up are subtle but when it gets to crunch time I need the higher dose. Maybe its just me but i'm confused as to how some people will rave off of ~400mg.
  18. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.97%

Anyway,does it matter to take these such as 1,3 dimethyalanine,Tyrosine,
    Piracetam ,Sulbutiamine and other nootropics on empty stomach or with food?
  19. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.97%

I took 1,3 dimethyalanine and Tyrosine today and gave me mild energy.
    After an hour later the two, I took just 200mg and felt lot of enegy kikcked in!
    Sulbutiamin alone,usually 400mg, doesn't do much to me,so I guess these three combined works great.
  20. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.01%

Quote Originally Posted by am1177 View Post
    I took 1,3 dimethyalanine and Tyrosine today and gave me mild energy.
    After an hour later the two, I took just 200mg and felt lot of enegy kikcked in!
    Sulbutiamin alone,usually 400mg, doesn't do much to me,so I guess these three combined works great.
    Nootropics is ALL about combinations and synergy.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Nootropics
    By Jordinator in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-01-2009, 01:54 PM
  2. Nootropics?..i need help please.
    By airram479 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-25-2009, 09:31 PM